VH-3 Master Darque

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
VH-3 Master Darque

Post by Todd Luck »

Hi. New to the board. I just found the U2000 plots on the archived Petrilak site and finally discovered that the characters on Darque's world were orginally meant to be VH-3. I had a link to see the artwork on the unpublished issues they appeared in, so I finally knew what VH-3 would've looked like orginally:

http://www.theartistschoice.com/stuff.htm

However, I know when Perham took over he wasn't going to go with that version of VH-3 and his Dr. Mirage special would've shown a completely different Darque from the the one in U2000. I seem to recall the issue was either finished or had some pages under it's belt when the axe fell on Accliam Comics.

Does anyone know if any artwork, sketches or the plot was posted anywhere? As the title of my post suggested, I'm most curious about the VH-3 Master Darque. Anyone have any pics or info on him?

And while we're at it,any other unpublished VH-3 stuff on the web other than the Solar and Bloodshot links I found on this board?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Wizard ran an ad with an image of VH 3 Master Darque.

I scanned it and sent it to SonicDan. I don't have it on my hd anymore (or if I do I can't find it), but hopefully he still does.

The Solar and Magnus links you found aren't VH 3, btw, they're from a failed relaunch independant of Acclaim.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

Here ya go:

DAN
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

Thanks a lot for posting the image Dan.
ManofTheAtom wrote:The Solar and Magnus links you found aren't VH 3, btw, they're from a failed relaunch independant of Acclaim.
What company was Solar done for? Did Acclaim loose it to? (I know they lost Magnus). What about the Bloodshot stuff done by the same artist?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Todd Luck wrote:Thanks a lot for posting the image Dan.
ManofTheAtom wrote:The Solar and Magnus links you found aren't VH 3, btw, they're from a failed relaunch independant of Acclaim.
What company was Solar done for? Did Acclaim loose it to? (I know they lost Magnus). What about the Bloodshot stuff done by the same artist?
From what I understand, a fan got a group of pencilers and colorist together and tried to get the rights for Solar and Magnus from the owners (which isn't Acclaim) but I don't think what he had planned impressed the owners that much so they didn't give them to him.

Currently, Komikworks is putting together a line of Magnus graphic novels, the first one comes out next year.

I don't think there's gonna be a connection to the VALIANT stuff, though.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

BloodOfHeroes
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

I have the original concept sketches for VH-3 Darque, Aram, Mirage & Carmen...

BoH

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Didn't you post them on the old mailing lists' photos section?

Mirage looks like a reject of a Bruce Timm animated toon, heh.

A cross between Hwen, Dr. Strange and Timm's Batman, lol.

Carmen's a Lara Croft wanna be.

I don't remember seeing Aram.... I might have. I think he looked like an animated version of the original.

BloodOfHeroes
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

ManofTheAtom wrote:Didn't you post them on the old mailing lists' photos section?
Yep.
ManofTheAtom wrote:Mirage looks like a reject of a Bruce Timm animated toon, heh.

A cross between Hwen, Dr. Strange and Timm's Batman, lol.
Done by the same guy who did the published Darque, above.
ManofTheAtom wrote:Carmen's a Lara Croft wanna be.
Again, you don't know the whole story. She really wasn't (well, maybe she was. I just know that Laura Croft has big guns) :wink:
ManofTheAtom wrote:I don't remember seeing Aram.... I might have. I think he looked like an animated version of the original.
Aram looked way tougher and cooler than original. I'll look for the artwork and post it sometime.

BoH

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

ManofTheAtom wrote:Wizard ran an ad with an image of VH 3 Master Darque.

I scanned it and sent it to SonicDan. I don't have it on my hd anymore (or if I do I can't find it), but hopefully he still does.

The Solar and Magnus links you found aren't VH 3, btw, they're from a failed relaunch independant of Acclaim.
The link to the artwork is the unpublished Unity 2000 #4, 5, 6. It is not from a failed relaunch of Solar & magnus.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

I was refering to this:
And while we're at it,any other unpublished VH-3 stuff on the web other than the Solar and Bloodshot links I found on this board?
Far as I know, there's never been any VH 3 Solar art (if there is, I've never seen it).

The only thing that comes close was Pat Quinn's Solar, which was a failed relaunch that had no connection to Acclaim or VALIANT :)

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

BloodOfHeroes wrote:Done by the same guy who did the published Darque, above.
For some reason his Darque looks much better than his Hwen and Carmen.
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Again, you don't know the whole story. She really wasn't (well, maybe she was. I just know that Laura Croft has big guns) :wink:
Lol.
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Aram looked way tougher and cooler than original. I'll look for the artwork and post it sometime.
If it was done in the animated style I don't buy the idea of him looking tougher than the BWS version :)

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

sonicdan wrote:Here ya go:

DAN
Anyone but me notice there is no 'vile' in 'villain'? There's 'vil'...but that's a root, not a word. ;)

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:Anyone but me notice there is no 'vile' in 'villain'? There's 'vil'...but that's a root, not a word. ;)
Well, the E is silent... :wink:

/Magnus

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

magnusr wrote:
ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:Anyone but me notice there is no 'vile' in 'villain'? There's 'vil'...but that's a root, not a word. ;)
Well, the E is silent... :wink:

/Magnus
heh heh heh...;)