The End???

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Belial_77
Working on the first full appearance of me
The End???

Post by Belial_77 »

So Here's My Question...
Back in the day when the VH1 Universe had the tight knit continuity and amazing writing, we all had a sense that the whole universe was "going someplace" and while i still haven't been able to track down last isses of most the titles, it seems the whole VH1 world just sputtered out of existance...

so back around 92 or so, where did you think we were going? How was the Universe MEANT to end?

(I have my own therory, just want to hear a few other's ideas fore i throw mine out...)

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Just read Rai #0 and you can get a pretty good idea where everything was going to head. Basically, things just kept getting worse and worse after Shooter was ousted and continuity seemed to go out the window the further they got away from Unity.

inmyblood

Post by inmyblood »

Welcome to the boards! :thumb:

Shakespeare
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Shakespeare »

Daniel Jackson wrote:Just read Rai #0 and you can get a pretty good idea where everything was going to head. Basically, things just kept getting worse and worse after Shooter was ousted and continuity seemed to go out the window the further they got away from Unity.
Remember, though, that Shooter plotted Rai #0 but didn't write it, and, as much as most of us enjoy that issue, they could have changed his plan all they wanted after he left.

After all, Rai #0 ends with the creation of Rai and the Future Force, and you don't hear anyone singing its praises!

S

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

If the new owners were to publish VALIANT: The End one-shots like Marvel's been doing, what would be the last stories for these characters?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Shakespeare wrote:Remember, though, that Shooter plotted Rai #0 but didn't write it, and, as much as most of us enjoy that issue, they could have changed his plan all they wanted after he left.

After all, Rai #0 ends with the creation of Rai and the Future Force, and you don't hear anyone singing its praises!
Ha, ha... and rightly so.

As you read the stories though they progressively get worse and worse and further away from the vision that Jim laid down. To me, it really couldn't have been simpler for them to just continue what made them great in the first place, cause he did such a good job of setting up the entire VU. I think as the sale figures kept getting bigger and bigger they thought they could go any direction they wanted and we would buy it anyway.

Belial_77

Post by Belial_77 »

agreed... so stepping back a min. what if Shooter had fullfilled HIS vision...

personally, being a former Lit Major... i think it would have been cool if the entire VU was a dream of Selenski's as he died in the reactor core... a kinda of "ocurrence at owl creek bridge"/ "waking life" type thing... or maybe (like in waking life) it was more of his version of the here after...

(Kind of comlpetely random note: Mormons believe that when you die and if you were rightous, you become the god of your own lil universe -their equevlient to heaven- which would definatley parrallel nicely with solar destroying the world and then remaking it.)

Shadowmatt
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Shadowmatt »

I remember when the books were coming out originally I started to notice variations in continuity around the time of the Chaos Effect. My fears subsided a little bit with the inclusion of "The Harbinger Wars" in Timewalker, but when Shadowman came to an end, I pretty much realized that what had made Valiant excellent, strong continuity, a tight-knit universe with a purpose, had gone into the crapper.