eBay: Harbinger 1-7, Magnus 0, 1-10, 12, Rai 0, 1-4, more

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

TLC55555
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by TLC55555 »

Can't they prescribe a sedative at the non profit you work at? I was MAKING A JOKE ABOUT "IT'S ONLY MONEY". JOKE...remember JOKE! But hey, if you had any of the books I was looking for (you don't seem to), I'd be happy to buy them. I don't need the more common issues you seem to have listed in your inventory. I'm not sure where you are getting 4x guide at anyway. I've bid less that $90 for a Magnus #0 (guide $30) and around $80 for Harby Pinks (guide $55). I think they're worth it. I'm currently looking for Magnus #0, Harby #0 Pink and #1.

Oh and I've chaired our United Way committee for 5 years now. I also have a percentage of my salary automatically sent to them. I give to the Salvation Army every year. I play in several golf and softball events that directly benefit local charities. I just work for a company that actually makes money. All in all, I send much more to charitable organizations annually than what I spend on comics.

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

TLC55555 wrote:Can't they prescribe a sedative at the non profit you work at? I was MAKING A JOKE ABOUT "IT'S ONLY MONEY". JOKE...remember JOKE! But hey, if you had any of the books I was looking for (you don't seem to), I'd be happy to buy them. I don't need the more common issues you seem to have. I'm not sure where you are getting 4x guide at anyway. I've bid less that $90 for a Magnus #0 (guide $30) and around $80 for Harby Pinks (guide $55). I think they're worth it. I'm currently looking for Magnus #0, Harby #0 Pink and #1.

Oh and I've chaired our United Way committee for 5 years now. I also have a percentage of my salary automatically sent to them. I give to the Salvation Army every year. I play in several golf and softball events that directly benefit local charities. I just work for a company that actually makes money. All in all, I send much more to charitable organizations annually than what I spend on comics.
Good for you. I am glad that you are giving back to the community.

However, you should check the guide on that Magnus or read the auction description. You are bidding on a magnus w/o card...no biggie still a good book, but the guide on it is $20. That is where I am getting the 4x guide from. It is not biggie. I really think that you should spend your money any way you see fit...if you think that a Magnus 0 is worth nearly $90 then so be it...I dont have to agree with you. Simple. One day I will work for a for-profit company, just not right now. I never thought that I would be working for a non-profit outta school but here I am...So have fun on vacation and I hope that you enjoy your new comics, and I will try and fill those holes in my collection for you... :twisted:

TLC55555

Post by TLC55555 »

DawgPhan wrote:
TLC55555 wrote:Can't they prescribe a sedative at the non profit you work at? I was MAKING A JOKE ABOUT "IT'S ONLY MONEY". JOKE...remember JOKE! But hey, if you had any of the books I was looking for (you don't seem to), I'd be happy to buy them. I don't need the more common issues you seem to have. I'm not sure where you are getting 4x guide at anyway. I've bid less that $90 for a Magnus #0 (guide $30) and around $80 for Harby Pinks (guide $55). I think they're worth it. I'm currently looking for Magnus #0, Harby #0 Pink and #1.

Good for you. I am glad that you are giving back to the community.

However, you should check the guide on that Magnus or read the auction description. You are bidding on a magnus w/o card...no biggie still a good book, but the guide on it is $20. That is where I am getting the 4x guide from. It is not biggie. I really think that you should spend your money any way you see fit...if you think that a Magnus 0 is worth nearly $90 then so be it...I dont have to agree with you. Simple. One day I will work for a for-profit company, just not right now. I never thought that I would be working for a non-profit outta school but here I am...So have fun on vacation and I hope that you enjoy your new comics, and I will try and fill those holes in my collection for you... :twisted:
I've got some Harby Pinks, #1's and Magnus 0's if you are interested in completing that collection :D Actually, I'm interested in the couponless Magnus 0 because I don't have one, just several copies with the coupon. Maybe I should have just cut one of the coupons out of the others. I didn't realize the guide on that one was $10 less. However, this is still the only book that has even been close to 4x guide.

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

tlc, you should post up your inventory, i'd be interested in seeing it..

TLC55555

Post by TLC55555 »

Eric Jackson wrote:tlc, you should post up your inventory, i'd be interested in seeing it..
I've only been recollecting Valiants for about 2 months now. I've got all the Pre-Unitys and multiple copies of the "key" issues. I don't have an even close to complete collection. I'm not sure I even plan on Post-Unity collecting. I may put up an inventory at some point.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

TLC55555 wrote:I've only been recollecting Valiants for about 2 months now. I've got all the Pre-Unitys and multiple copies of the "key" issues. I don't have an even close to complete collection. I'm not sure I even plan on Post-Unity collecting. I may put up an inventory at some point.
Man, you could just about fill out a post-Unity collection for the price of a couple of those Magnus 0s.

And I like the term "recollecting Valiants." I think just about all of us had an original spin with these.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Well, it's going to look like I'm protecting the book I'm selling, but I think that $10 difference in price between the Magnus #0 with card and without is odd and is probably not as accurate as it should be. Note in the price guide the number of sales of each. Magnus 0 with card has over 25 sales, Magnus 0 without card only has seven sales! It seems it comes up for auction on eBay a whole lot less.

Greg has the print runs as being close, but the cardless issue's print run is smaller. I know personally I have owned a lot fewer of the cardless versions than I have the ones with card. I've probably had at least 10 copies of Magnus #0 with card, but this is only the second copy I've come across without it. Also, as we all know, there was no reason to remove the card, so I'd say 98.5% of the ones that had the card probably still have them.

Just my two cents!

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Brother J wrote:Well, it's going to look like I'm protecting the book I'm selling, but I think that $10 difference in price between the Magnus #0 with card and without is odd and is probably not as accurate as it should be. Note in the price guide the number of sales of each. Magnus 0 with card has over 25 sales, Magnus 0 without card only has seven sales! It seems it comes up for auction on eBay a whole lot less.

Greg has the print runs as being close, but the cardless issue's print run is smaller. I know personally I have owned a lot fewer of the cardless versions than I have the ones with card. I've probably had at least 10 copies of Magnus #0 with card, but this is only the second copy I've come across without it. Also, as we all know, there was no reason to remove the card, so I'd say 98.5% of the ones that had the card probably still have them.

Just my two cents!
Interestingly, I've owned about 20 issues with card and only 5 without card (not including bobs 40). I've never thought about it before but the cardless version does seem rarer. Ive even seen some ebay auctions state that it was printed in far less quantities than with card.

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

Rip out the card and you now have a card-less version, anyone ever think of that? :p
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

Christopher Martin
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by Christopher Martin »

I bought a Magnus zero at a convention a few months back, and when I was removing it from the bag without being too careful, the tape that held the bag shut ending up getting stuck to the cover! After an initial moment of sheer terror, I managed to get the tape off, but it was such delicate surgery, I felt like I was disarming a bomb!

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Christopher Martin wrote:I bought a Magnus zero at a convention a few months back, and when I was removing it from the bag without being too careful, the tape that held the bag shut ending up getting stuck to the cover! After an initial moment of sheer terror, I managed to get the tape off, but it was such delicate surgery, I felt like I was disarming a bomb!
Been there, done that.

Just roll the bones and rip that damn tape off! :twisted:

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

You're okay if its magic tape but if its the older cheaper stuff...game over man.

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

whetteon wrote:Rip out the card and you now have a card-less version, anyone ever think of that? :p
Haha! I was just thinking the same thing.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

lobo wrote:
whetteon wrote:Rip out the card and you now have a card-less version, anyone ever think of that? :p
Haha! I was just thinking the same thing.
If cardless versions were selling for more than "with card",
I'm sure a few people would. Doubtful that will happen, though. :wink:

soundoftheuniverse
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by soundoftheuniverse »

The version with cards is more valuable for that very reason.

Some were cutting out the cards, which by the way, damages the book tremendously by loosening the interior pages and overall integrity of the book. Eventually the lose binding will cause small tears around the staples as the cover slip.. slip.. slides away. *Props to Paul Simon*

To protect from scammers us collectors threw the whammy on em by deciding to spend more money for the version with the card. DOH! :wink:

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

TLC55555 wrote:
Hey since it is "only money" and you donate so much anyway I was wondering if you had sent of your check to Knight(t) yet. That goes for everyone out there...if you have any extra money it should heading to Knight(t) right now...It doesnt matter how much you send or if you win an auction or whatever...all that matters is that you send some money to Knight(t) for the CFF...remember that 90% of the money is going to research to find a cure and help cute little girls like Alyssa. So send a check or money order and help someone out..Remember that it is tax deductible and your money will help find a cure....

Oh an TLC5 this is not a dig on you...just a means to an end...everyone should donate some money...all the lurkers and the regulars...everyone...right now we are running at around 5% of the people on this site are donating...I think that we can do a little better than that...how about 10% or even more... :D

TLC55555

Post by TLC55555 »

DawgPhan wrote:
TLC55555 wrote:
Hey since it is "only money" and you donate so much anyway I was wondering if you had sent of your check to Knight(t) yet. That goes for everyone out there...if you have any extra money it should heading to Knight(t) right now...It doesnt matter how much you send or if you win an auction or whatever...all that matters is that you send some money to Knight(t) for the CFF...remember that 90% of the money is going to research to find a cure and help cute little girls like Alyssa. So send a check or money order and help someone out..Remember that it is tax deductible and your money will help find a cure....

Oh an TLC5 this is not a dig on you...just a means to an end...everyone should donate some money...all the lurkers and the regulars...everyone...right now we are running at around 5% of the people on this site are donating...I think that we can do a little better than that...how about 10% or even more... :D
The "only money" comment was a joke...a joke I say. I've explained that several times. Maybe I should make it my tag line.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

TLC55555 wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
TLC55555 wrote:

The "only money" comment was a joke...a joke I say. I've explained that several times. Maybe I should make it my tag line.
I know man...I was not trying to make a dig on you or anything. iw as just trying to bring some more attention to Knight(t)'s fund raiser. That is all...No offense to you...just using your words, that were a joke, to remind people to give...that is all...oh and you should give money also.. :D we should all give some money... :D

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

TLC55555 wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
Eric Jackson wrote:he is the high bidder on all harby pink's on ebay atm. I tried to get in on just one of them and was outbid quickly.
Good luck to him. I wonder if he will start getting punishment bids like aug and rot get...I tend to disagree with that type of thing, but this might warrant it... :twisted:

..and why would my terrible behavior "warrant it"? I'm going to be on vacation for the remainer of this week and wanted to put bids in prior to going. I don't use snipper software. Maybe I should to avoid upsetting some of the more sensitive individuals.

I collect Valiants just like the rest of you. What seems to be the problem? Is it the purchasing of multiple issues? I know for a fact that I'm far from the only one that has multiple copies of certain issues, as I've been offered many of them for purchase (after my high bids were viewed on Ebay of course). Is it the high bid prices I put in? Remember it takes at least two bidders to raise the price. I put in my maximums before I leave for vacation. If you want them more, go for it.
Eh, it's ok, TLC, you know that people get upset (especially me) when they can't buy what they want for nothing, but it's nothing against you personally. :)

HOWEVER...by the same token, you gotta play the game too and know that there ARE people who 'bid higher' just cause they know a certain well heeled bidder has bid....if I were you, I'd snipe. ;)

Keep these animals at bay! :)