Bowen Designs has got nothing on this....

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Bowen Designs has got nothing on this....

Post by IMJ »

Got this badass piece in the mail today. It completely smokes the other Sideshow Maquette and this one is limited to a mere 400 run... (God I should've bought two)...

Coincidentally, it's nearly as big as the Iron Man Maquette... it's huge.

It's the best Iron Man bust ever produced, IMO.

cobra_commander
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!

Post by cobra_commander »

:thumb:

Still like Bowen better though :P

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF
Re: Bowen Designs has got nothing on this....

Post by MedicAR »

IMJ wrote:Got this badass piece in the mail today. It completely smokes the other Sideshow Maquette and this one is limited to a mere 400 run... (God I should've bought two)...

Very nice! Who made it? Was this one in Previews? I don't remember it.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

very, very nice.
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

MagnusRF wrote:Very nice! Who made it? Was this one in Previews? I don't remember it.
It's a Sideshow Exclusive piece. The Maquette was expensive as hell, but I always buy the limited exclusives... the maquette (the full body one that I posted on another thread) had a replacable Stark Head whereas this bust, limited to 400, has the removable faceplate. Mine will almost always display with the faceplate on, but it's the premise of the whole thing.

Honestly, the images don't do this piece justice. If someone has one at a con, check it out, it's unreal.

On a side note, I also recently added the Bowen Grey Gargoyle and Kang busts to my collection. I have a pretty good Iron Man bowen rogues gallery going for what they've made so far...
Last edited by IMJ on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:34:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steverino
Account deactivated by administrator.

Post by steverino »

Sweeeet!!!!!

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Boy, that's so realistic, I bet you can smell the booze on his breath! :thumb:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Brother J wrote:Boy, that's so realistic, I bet you can smell the booze on his breath! :thumb:
Hahahahaha....Bro J is on fire.

Very nice peice IMJ.

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

IMJ wrote:Got this badass piece in the mail today. It completely smokes the other Sideshow Maquette and this one is limited to a mere 400 run... (God I should've bought two)...

IMJ,

I have to kill you . . .

since you posted about the Iron Man sideshow statues and busts . . .I have been looking non-stop at the Sideshow stuff . . . .

I am going to be broke and it is your fault . . . .

My next conquest:

I am even going to be selling some of my stuff just to get it . . . .

Thank you . . .and I hate you . . .

*SQUEE*
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by *SQUEE* »

Looks like Hulk is making Spiderman a sandwich. :o

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Did you see their Cap Vs Red Skull? :cloud9:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

siren3-4 wrote:

IMJ,

I have to kill you . . .

since you posted about the Iron Man sideshow statues and busts . . .I have been looking non-stop at the Sideshow stuff . . . .

My next conquest:

most of the statues..... they are all right, but not for the crazy $$$ they charge......

but that is cool!

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Elveen wrote:
siren3-4 wrote:

IMJ,

I have to kill you . . .

My next conquest:

most of the statues..... they are all right, but not for the crazy $$$ they charge......

but that is cool!
Yeah, definitely an expensive hobby. I see the price tags and start running for the door....

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

I've noticed that with Sideshow, if you wait until they're released for a week or two, they turn up on eBay for less than the cost would have been if buying direct. I saved around $80 on the Cap diorama that way.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

siren3-4 wrote:IMJ,

I have to kill you . . .

No problem.... and that's great to hear because yeah... I know the feeling (as my mind drifts to Knightt and his damn dead universe threads...).
:clap:

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

MagnusRF wrote:I've noticed that with Sideshow, if you wait until they're released for a week or two, they turn up on eBay for less than the cost would have been if buying direct. I saved around $80 on the Cap diorama that way.
That may be true, but it's only true of the less desirable randomized stuff. The Iron Man comiquette as well as this bust for example sold out at presale. The bust is newer, but I've seen the full comiquette sell for 700+ on eBay pretty regularly.

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

IMJ wrote:
MagnusRF wrote:I've noticed that with Sideshow, if you wait until they're released for a week or two, they turn up on eBay for less than the cost would have been if buying direct. I saved around $80 on the Cap diorama that way.
That may be true, but it's only true of the less desirable randomized stuff. The Iron Man comiquette as well as this bust for example sold out at presale. The bust is newer, but I've seen the full comiquette sell for 700+ on eBay pretty regularly.
Selling out was the whole reason I wound up looking on the 'Bay. I missed it on their site when it was new.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

MagnusRF wrote:Selling out was the whole reason I wound up looking on the 'Bay. I missed it on their site when it was new.
Wow... did you get the comiquette? I've seen it on eBay and everytime it's gone for major bucks... did you land one cheaper? It's an awesome statue, man. Note also that there is a big difference in selling price between the standard Sideshow statue and the Sideshow Exclusive. The maquette exclusive had an interchangable head to display either with a helmet or without one; whereas the exclusive version of the bust above had the removable faceplate.

The standard versions of each simply had a non interchangable Iron Man helmet sculpt that usually sell pretty cheap in the scheme of things...

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

IMJ wrote:
MagnusRF wrote:Selling out was the whole reason I wound up looking on the 'Bay. I missed it on their site when it was new.
Wow... did you get the comiquette? I've seen it on eBay and everytime it's gone for major bucks... did you land one cheaper? It's an awesome statue, man. Note also that there is a big difference in selling price between the standard Sideshow statue and the Sideshow Exclusive. The maquette exclusive had an interchangable head to display either with a helmet or without one; whereas the exclusive version of the bust above had the removable faceplate.

The standard versions of each simply had a non interchangable Iron Man helmet sculpt that usually sell pretty cheap in the scheme of things...
Besides the VS statues (that I will own 1 of each), the 1/4 scale statues are Amazing !!!

I am going to be so broke . . . .

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

IMJ wrote:

I think we're talking about two different things here. The Cap Vs Skull only had one version I'm aware of. This is it.I imagine the exclusive/short run stuff would be a bit more pricey.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

ohhhhhh okay. Yeah I was talking about the two Sideshow Iron Man statues. The IM guys ate them up like greased lightening and now those sell relatively well on eBay as I've seen of late.

That Cap vs. Skull is cool.... Sideshow makes large collectibles, man. You'll run out of room fast buying their stuff.

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

MagnusRF wrote:
IMJ wrote:

I think we're talking about two different things here. The Cap Vs Skull only had one version I'm aware of. This is it.I imagine the exclusive/short run stuff would be a bit more pricey.
There are 2 versions of the Cap vs Skull, the exclusive has the Red Skull that can hold a cosmic cube:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/cate ... item=90041

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

siren3-4 wrote:
MagnusRF wrote:
IMJ wrote:

There are 2 versions of the Cap vs Skull, the exclusive has the Red Skull that can hold a cosmic cube:

Craptacular.....I need that one too.....

Seeing it now, I thought they were only going to solicit one version with an interchangable hand. At least that's what I remember from SDCC. Oh well.....more $$$$$$$$$

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Well hey.... cosmic cubes are cool!!

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

MagnusRF wrote:
siren3-4 wrote:
MagnusRF wrote:
IMJ wrote:

Craptacular.....I need that one too.....

Seeing it now, I thought they were only going to solicit one version with an interchangable hand. At least that's what I remember from SDCC. Oh well.....more $$$$$$$$$
You don't need to buy both. The cosmic Cube version has the interchangable hand so you can display it as if it is the regular version, if you want.