Cheapo Miracleman, V for Vendetta!

Non-VALIANT items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Cheapo Miracleman, V for Vendetta!

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Ok, so it's not cheap cheap, but it's still pretty low.

The MM TPB is super cheap right now. It's a first printing, and it's NM. Another copy, a VG copy, is up to $70+ right now. This one's only $31.

Apocrypha TPB is only 99 cents! Yikes!

Oh, and a complete V for Vendetta run in NM...only $5+ right now....SOOOO cheap!

:wink:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?M ... ompleted=1
Last edited by ZephyrWasHOT!! on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:28:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jrdawg
I thought that would be harder
I thought that would be harder

Post by Jrdawg »

Nice price on the ASM 300 :thumb:

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Jrdawg wrote:Nice price on the ASM 300 :thumb:
:thumb:

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Hey, someone offered to trade me a Maxx Black #1 for a Maxx Black #2!!

:hope:

Oh man, that would be SO COOL!

Smashey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by Smashey »

Nice price on the ASM 300
Yep and board members had first grabs at it for a g.

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:Hey, someone offered to trade me a Maxx Black #1 for a Maxx Black #2!!

Good luck! (If you do, and you have 42 or 47 of two, can you hang onto them in the hope we eventually work something out? I know I have one of those of #1, but I don't recall which.)

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Smashey wrote:
:P

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

JohnnyRnR wrote:
ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:Hey, someone offered to trade me a Maxx Black #1 for a Maxx Black #2!!

Good luck! (If you do, and you have 42 or 47 of two, can you hang onto them in the hope we eventually work something out? I know I have one of those of #1, but I don't recall which.)
I don't have any of the 40's.....I have up to #38 (I think.)

I have #10 of BOTH #2 and #3, so it would be VERY, VERY cool if I could get #10 of #1, too!

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Smashey wrote:
The rest of it, though, didn't do so well. ;)

The funny thing is, one guy offered to have me end the auctions for #298-300....so I was like, ok, make me an offer.

He offers me $1215 shipped, which is right about the average of what they've been selling for.

I politely decline. If you're going to ask me to end auctions early that combined have over 100 watchers, and a couple dozen bids, angering God knows who, you're gonna have to make it WORTH it...

:lol:

Clearly, that was not it.

:thumb:

I'm cool with selling all three for $1655. 8-)

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Ok, I have a confession to make...

Everything did ok to REALLY well, but one lot stuck in my craw a bit because it was about half what other sets have been selling for...

The V for Vendetta lot.

So, the guy wins for $21, and when I'm invoicing, I notice that I screwed up and put $5 for Priority (I was doing multiples listings at the same time.)

Well, you can't really ship 10 books Priority Mail in a flat rate envelope very safely. You can do it, but not safely, and not how I like to pack.

So, I made the invoice $10 for flat rate boxed priority, and $5 for media (which is what it was supposed to be.)

The buyer....without saying a word to me.....changed the invoice to $5 for priority and sent payment via Paypal.

I noticed that, and wrote the guy saying "I'm really, really sorry, but I made a mistake when listing these, and of course I can't ship 10 books in bags and boards safely in a Flat Rate Envelope. If you'd like, I will ship these Media Mail for that amount, or I can ship it boxed for $10."

Now...I know, I know, we all hate people who change prices after the fact.....but, clearly, it wasn't a "I think it sold too low and now I'm trying to make more money off of you" because everyone knows how much flat rate boxed priority costs ($8.95.)

So, the guy responds "Oh, I just shipped 12 books in a flat rate envelope, so it can be done. Also, my customer has already paid for these (yeah, right) and won't pay more (despite the fact that I would have shipped Media for the same amount.) I've already talked to someone at eBay, and they said you had to honor the original amount. I bid in good faith, and I expect you to ship Priority. I don't mean to be petty (too late) but that's the way it is."

I replied: "I'm really sorry that I made a mistake, truly, it wasn't intentional, and you know I'm not trying to make extra money off of you, so I'm asking you to be forgiving and not force me to eat an additional $4+ to ship these. Are you sure there's no way you can accept Media Mail? But, ultimately, you're the customer, so I want to do whatever makes you happy."

He replied: "No, sorry, my customer won't pay anything more (he can't, either?) and you need to honor your original quote."

My reply: "I'm really disappointed that you're taking advantage of my mistake, but that's the way it goes. Thank you for bidding, and your books will go out Priority shortly. Thank you!"

THEN....I wake up yesterday and find out that the buyer was NARU'd.

I filed an NPB, refunded the guy's full payment, and that was that. :thumb:

And the funny thing was? If the guy had been understanding and said "yes, I can see that was a mistake, and I won't hold you to it. Media Mail will be fine." I would have shipped the books out, and he would have gotten a steal.

Karma works, I guess. 8-)

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

So, can I get the books for $26 via media mail? :hope:

whovianone
...it hurts so much ...my brain hurts!
...it hurts so much ...my brain hurts!

Post by whovianone »

Whoa, that's a steal either way you look at it!

;)