VEI - what is their ultimate goal?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

VEI - What is their main objective?

Publish comics first and foremost.
21%
License characters for movies and cartoons.
56%
License their ® and TM characters to other comic companies (ala Gold Key).
3%
Sell their ® and TM characters for a profit and get out of the business.
11%
Trade all their ® and TM characters to Greg for his Unity Red stash.
8%

Total votes: 62

Geomancer

Post by Geomancer »

nutflush76 wrote:
Dino wrote:The new comics contained in the hardcovers showcase our intentions to continue to tell Valiant stories in comics.
If I had read the last sentence in that paragraph I guess that would answer my first question :oops:

edit:

Actually, I guess it doesn't. There is no mention of if they are going to be monthlies or just some throw-ins at the end of a bunch of HC collections.
Exactly.

The direct statements are greatly appreciated.

But they do not include a timeframe, specific talent, or projected format.

Not a complaint, just an observation. :)

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by nutflush76 »

Geomancer wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:
Dino wrote:The new comics contained in the hardcovers showcase our intentions to continue to tell Valiant stories in comics.
If I had read the last sentence in that paragraph I guess that would answer my first question :oops:

edit:

Actually, I guess it doesn't. There is no mention of if they are going to be monthlies or just some throw-ins at the end of a bunch of HC collections.
Exactly.

Until they are actually signed, I don't expect any news on specific talent. But a timeframe and projected format would be nice.

Geomancer

Post by Geomancer »

nutflush76 wrote:
Geomancer wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:

edit:

Exactly.

Until they are actually signed, I don't expect any news on specific talent. But a timeframe and projected format would be nice.
I'm looking for - early-mid 2009 - Jim Shooter - ongoing line of comic book series :wink:

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993
Re: VEI - what is their ultimate goal?

Post by dino »

nutflush76 wrote:

I understand that it takes time for this stuff to happen, but VEI got people's hopes up by saying new comics would be published by the end of the year. There have been no updates as to wether or not they are close to reaching that goal. I think that they set the expectation and that is what is leading to the lack of patience on the part of some on this board.

If they meant 6 page throw-ins at the end of some HCs they should have said that.
I'm a fan too. As a fan, I want new comics. We are going to do them right. To clarify the previously released statement, we will begin generating new comics by years end.

And we are currently ahead of that schedule.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

dino wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:

I understand that it takes time for this stuff to happen, but VEI got people's hopes up by saying new comics would be published by the end of the year. There have been no updates as to wether or not they are close to reaching that goal. I think that they set the expectation and that is what is leading to the lack of patience on the part of some on this board.

If they meant 6 page throw-ins at the end of some HCs they should have said that.
I'm a fan too. As a fan, I want new comics. We are going to do them right. To clarify the previously released statement, we will begin generating new comics by years end.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

dino wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:

That is the information we've been waiting to hear. Thanks for clarifying.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

nutflush76 wrote:

edit:

monthlies.

You guys are ahead of the curve on Valiant. You have to wait for the rest to catch up. Now is the time to collect and re-release the original Valiant stories. The hardcovers are high end products aimed at those who know Valiant. They get people talking about Valiant, and new people asking about Valiant. The new stories included in the hardcovers, on the other hand, are extensions of the original stories by the original creators. They are created with you in mind. A love letter to the biggest fans from the original creators.

Geomancer

Post by Geomancer »

:o

Monthlies!

By the end of the year!

Thats outstanding!!!!

Thanks dino!

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

dino wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:

edit:

monthlies.

You guys are ahead of the curve on Valiant. You have to wait for the rest to catch up. Now is the time to collect and re-release the original Valiant stories. The hardcovers are high end products aimed at those who know Valiant. They get people talking about Valiant, and new people asking about Valiant. The new stories included in the hardcovers, on the other hand, are extensions of the original stories by the original creators. They are created with you in mind. A love letter to the biggest fans from the original creators.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Geomancer wrote::o

Monthlies!

By the end of the year!

Thats outstanding!!!!

Thanks dino!

Generating...... meaning they might be released by early 09, but the process of creating them will be started end of 08. That is how I took what Dino said.

Reguardless, I think what Dino told us is great, wonderful. How cool that he came in a told us what we wanted to hear.

I am looking forward to official info. release by VEI later this year.

Now I guess the next thing is...... who be the creators?

Geomancer

Post by Geomancer »

late 2008/early 2009...makes no difference to me.

Its in the near future. :D

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Geomancer wrote:late 2008/early 2009...makes no difference to me.

Its in the near future. :D
:thumb:

J-Scott-R
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by J-Scott-R »

Elveen wrote:

Monthlies!

By the end of the year!

Thats outstanding!!!!

Thanks dino!

Generating...... meaning they might be released by early 09, but the process of creating them will be started end of 08. That is how I took what Dino said.

Reguardless, I think what Dino told us is great, wonderful. How cool that he came in a told us what we wanted to hear.

:clap: And what be the titles? :clap:

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

J-Scott-R wrote:
Elveen wrote:

Monthlies!

By the end of the year!

Thats outstanding!!!!

Thanks dino!

I am hoping for a Intro to Valiant introduce the main characrters type mini-series, then individual titles.

I would not mind new titles with the same characters.

:D

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

monthlies :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

k_c_collectibles
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!

Post by k_c_collectibles »

dino wrote: I'm a fan too. As a fan, I want new comics. We are going to do them right. To clarify the previously released statement, we will begin generating new comics by years end.

This is the kind of information that I, (along with many other people I am sure), have been waiting to hear. :cloud9:

The hardcovers are pretty damn nice and the news regarding a Harbinger movie is cool, but what I really look forward to is being able to pick up new Valiant stories on a monthly basis. :headbang:

I realize that Jason and yourself are HUGE fans and will do your absolute best to try to recreate the magic of the original stories. I eagerly, (and patiently), await upcoming information regarding who VEI picks as their editor in chief along with what monthly titles will be done and your creative teams for them. :thumb:

Thanks for the informative posts - they are greatly appreciated! :)
Chris

Geomancer

Post by Geomancer »

k_c_collectibles wrote:
dino wrote: I'm a fan too. As a fan, I want new comics. We are going to do them right. To clarify the previously released statement, we will begin generating new comics by years end.

This is the kind of information that I, (along with many other people I am sure), have been waiting to hear. :cloud9:

The hardcovers are pretty damn nice and the news regarding a Harbinger movie is cool, but what I really look forward to is being able to pick up new Valiant stories on a monthly basis. :headbang:

I realize that Jason and yourself are HUGE fans and will do your absolute best to try to recreate the magic of the original stories. I eagerly, (and patiently), await upcoming information regarding who VEI picks as their editor in chief along with what monthly titles will be done and your creative teams for them. :thumb:

Chris

PS (maybe its time for a re-vote :D )

J-Scott-R

Post by J-Scott-R »

Elveen wrote:
J-Scott-R wrote:
Elveen wrote:

Monthlies!

By the end of the year!

Thats outstanding!!!!

Thanks dino!

I am hoping for a Intro to Valiant introduce the main characrters type mini-series, then individual titles.

:thumb: I wouldn't mind an Intro book, leading into two or three monthly titles, maybe adding new monthly or mini-series after a few months. I'm dying for some Valiant books, but once they start I just hope they take there time and not try to grow to fast. I want to see them last this time.

Scott

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

J-Scott-R wrote:
Elveen wrote:
J-Scott-R wrote:
Elveen wrote:

Monthlies!

By the end of the year!

Thats outstanding!!!!

Thanks dino!

:thumb: I wouldn't mind an Intro book, leading into two or three monthly titles, maybe adding new monthly or mini-series after a few months. I'm dying for some Valiant books, but once they start I just hope they take there time and not try to grow to fast. I want to see them last this time.

Scott
I would think that VEI is planning for the future. I hope/expect them to do it kinda like you said.

J-Scott-R

Post by J-Scott-R »

[quote="Elveen

I would think that VEI is planning for the future. I hope/expect them to do it kinda like you said.[/quote]

:clap: I hope you are right, and I'm here for the long haul. Now let's have some X-O Manowar(Please Dino, Please, Please) :hope: :hope:

Scott

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

dino wrote:

Keep up the great work, Dino!! Thanks for tid bit of info.. it should keep us partially satisfied for the next few months :lol:

Rufusharley
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!

Post by Rufusharley »

A valiant vision starter kit with a 900,000 print run.

:P

Rufusharley

Post by Rufusharley »

Geomancer wrote:
k_c_collectibles wrote:

Chris

PS (maybe its time for a re-vote :D )
Not me. I still think they're after greg's reds. :D

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

dino wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:

edit:

monthlies.

We going to sizzler, we going to sizzler! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

caxiotis wrote:
dino wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:

edit:

monthlies.

We going to sizzler, we going to sizzler! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

As long as I get some of the cheese bread. Yum....