Just reread Deathmate

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Solitude
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Solitude »

xodacia81 wrote:
Solitude wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Deathmate was my "Gateway Drug" into VALIANT, so I'm very fond of it. :thumb:
Not much of a drug.
There ought to be a drug you could take that would make you forget Deathmate.
There ought to be a way of both forgetting about it AND getting the time and money back that was wasted on Deathmate.
Sounds like the real premise behind Unity.

turborip
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by turborip »

I actually decided to skip Red and Blue and go right to the Epilogue. I might go back and read Blue to fill in the gaps regarding Solar and Supreme (maybe....eventually).

I find it amusing that you MUST read the Epilogue to finish the story. Isn't and epilogue one of those things that happens after the climax and conclusion?

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

turborip wrote:I actually decided to skip Red and Blue and go right to the Epilogue. I might go back and read Blue to fill in the gaps regarding Solar and Supreme (maybe....eventually).

I find it amusing that you MUST read the Epilogue to finish the story. Isn't and epilogue one of those things that happens after the climax and conclusion?
There are positives to take from the whole Deatmate experience, but they arent anything to do with the finished books.

Lessons were learned here all in all directions from Publishers, creators, retailers to distributors and customers etc

If you can really give and positive feedback about this series production values then you are insane or blind and even if you were genuinly blind it would make no difference, as having it read to you would actually be worse as it is only disjointed old toss that has no begining, middle, end or a point to it.

Someone mentioned Bloodshot.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The single most pointless, misrepresented, almost unrecognisable appearance in an intercompany crossover of seriously popular character of all time ?

Bloodshot may have to be pointed out in Deathmate Red such is the almost unrecognisable appearance.
He does nothing and has no effect on the happenings in the book whatsoever.

I think it may well be good to do a synopsis of the book just to illustrate the lack of everything required to make a comic book, let alone a good one.

:thumb:
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

turborip wrote:I actually decided to skip Red and Blue and go right to the Epilogue. I might go back and read Blue to fill in the gaps regarding Solar and Supreme (maybe....eventually).

you're on the right track-but you should've just looked at the covers and the promo adds and skipped everything else. :wink: