GREAT NEWS for the CF Fund Raiser 2009...

Board member driven topics. Participation is completely voluntary.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
GREAT NEWS for the CF Fund Raiser 2009...

Post by Knightt »

is the culmination point for the CF fund raiser. It is going to be held on 15 April 2009. Yes, that is next year but that does not mean we cannot start now. :thumb: We used to have the walks in September but have since been moved to March and should remain there from now on. Last March we had our walk and fund raiser but I didn’t dive into it because you guys just finished up the fund raiser in September.

So, the fund raising has actually started without me... AND I LOVE IT. You guys are great, going out there doing projects and auctions on your own to kick start this thing.

I think that the spreading of this event over a longer period is easier on everyone's wallet and we wont have a frenzy at the end. With this much time to raise money, I certainly hope that we can beat the old $32K record. Whatcha think ? Can we do it ? I am going to give it a very good try.

I would like to ask for auction item donations. I still have some left over from last year and how we have more time, the more items, the better the chance of us breaking $32K. I am in the process of also involving the community and local businessmen/business women here locally so that the city of Sierra Vista can start kicking butt on this. A couple of years ago, the city of Sierra Vista raised $36,000 and $32,000 of that came from Team Alyssa and ValiantFans.com. I think the community can do more and I will be going to every business, doctor, lawyer and piano recital owner to try and get some friendly competition going within the community.

Here is the link to our NON-WORKING donation site this year, err next year. It will work just as it has in the past but as of right now I am waiting for the walk dates to be changed and get the site ACTIVATED. Geez, I don't understand why it takes so long for these kind of things. But once it is up and running, when donations are made they are put to use IMMEDIATELY by the cure research department.

Instead of waiting until March 09 to get donations into the system, it is done right then and there. And for no reason, other than you are in the giving mood, you can go to the site and make a donation. If you can afford $10 a month up until March 09 and want to donate that way, then so be it... this site will let you do that, when activated. It also provides a way to see the ONLINE donation total which can be pretty motivating. There are also other donations that will occur (locally or through Ebay auctions where the winner chooses not to use the donation site) and we simply put that into a Team Alyssa account and then donate via the site from that account. I let my wife handle the numbers, I just do the heavy lifting and leg work.

So, here it the prototype of the Team Alyssa donation website which will be used for future donations (yes registered members, I have a VfVSS for CF project practically done... info to be announced later :wink: To answer your next question, 'yes there will be an Alyssa book - using the other hand - to go along with this project):

http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_Do ... User=90565

There is old information on it, so just ignore that and DO NOT send donations to it. Still awaiting it's activation which should be soon.

That being said, I will start auctions here pretty soon but will not have HUGE auctions as I want to spread things out, give folks breathing room and give you something to look forward to every month to find out just which great item(s) I will up for auction. I think it will be fun that way. March 2009 seems a ways off but believe me, it will get here faster than you think.

I appreciate all the PMs and emails asking 'when are we going to get this started'... think of this as the Warning Order. Meaning, be on standby... we will be commencing combat operations as we are 'Fighting Cystic Fibrosis' very soon.

I REALLY look forward to starting this year... it is THE event that I work towards every year and I have great people here supporting this event.

If you are able to send in items that will be auctioned off for fund raising purposes, please PM or email me and I will give you my address. Many have already donated items... they sit in a secure place just waiting to be auctioned off this year. But, I know that we will need more, so if you can help out and want to do so by donating some cool stuff that is an EXCELLENT way to do so. Then when the site is up, CF board events, projects and the VfVSS can be donated for through the above website. I will be calling up to Tucson every day until the site is activated, gentlemen.

I will start saying THANK YOU now because there have already been CF events and projects and I know that we will be getting donation items as well within the coming months.

There are some GREAT plans for this year's fund raiser... I hope that you will be as excited and motivated as I am with this upcoming event.

News will be posted as I get it.

LETS GET IT ON !!!
Last edited by Knightt on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:20:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Well THAT was pretty fast.

I just got off the phone with Ellen Harris. She is the Director of Fundraising and Development for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Ms Harris was calling to let me know that as of October 1, 2008 the donation website will rollover with the new information concerning the Walk in March 2009 and will from that time on rollover automatically.

Bottom line, starting October 1st, we can start using the website !!! This is good news.

Now the news coming Ellen herself is noteworthy as well. I was told that ‘we’ as in Team Alyssa and ValiantFans.com have gotten a bit of recognition at the main office and she wanted to call and personally tell ‘Team Alyssa and all the great people on the ValiantFans.com message board that we are doing GREAT and amazing things’. This was a nice personal touch and just lets us know that people know what we are doing over here.

This is a good thing.

This issue was originally brought to her attention by my 'boss' up in Tucson.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Knightt wrote:This was a nice personal touch and just lets us know that people know what we are doing over here.
Agree, nice touch. That kind of recognition can be used to further spread the word and bring in more donations, which will get us closer to the cure.

/Magnus

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

magnusr wrote:
Knightt wrote:This was a nice personal touch and just lets us know that people know what we are doing over here.
Agree, nice touch. That kind of recognition can be used to further spread the word and bring in more donations, which will get us closer to the cure.

/Magnus
Good point... I think 'spreading the word' and 'awareness' are key factors right now. Personally, I do not think that many people KNOW what Cystic Fibrosis is unless they have a family member that is effected by it.

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

I will be going to the PO this weekend. :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

TKWill wrote:I will be going to the PO this weekend. :thumb:
RIGHT ON, BRO !!!!! :thumb:

I really can feel the excitement building this year. I'm tellin' you guys... things will move and shake this year.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

For NEW information on the CFF fund raiser please see below:

viewtopic.php?p=520199#520199

Thank you !!!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I got in two donations today !!! This is out of the blue donations and I want to thank the two that have done so (but only with their consent here on the boards).

tssegery hit us with a NICE donation last month and while he has not said if I can publically thank him, THANK YOU BROTHER !!! You are really serious about fighting Cystic Fibrosis as are other people like jedimarley and those of you helping me on my board project for CF !!! It may have changed a bit from the original but it is back on track and nearly done.

THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!!

Here is the donation site again... when the board project comes out, I will be asking for a donation to be made to this site and then the postage sent directly to me:

http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_Do ... User=90565

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I am backing down a bit on the CF fund raiser because I think that right now Ric's fund raiser should be at the forefront due to the time table. This is an instant on fund raiser where we get to see the results right away and dammit, I just cannot have kids in a hospital during Christmas in pain or not able to enjoy some kind of Christmas when WE as a community can make things better for these kids at least for a little while. I think that right now, we need to make a HUGE push towards Ric's fund raiser... PLEASE do this and this has a direct impact on a group of children that need out help during this time of year. If one present or playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band can allow a child to forget their pain and make them smile for an hour or two... then this is all worth it.

Me... I am getting with my family members and I am going to try and make a larger donation than I did last year. I am totally committed to making this a great year for the The Special Gift Toy Drive 2008 a complete success. And just so that everyone knows... it is Ric, that does a HUGE job in the CF fund raiser. Soon, I will release an amount that was donated (just waiting on the check) from Ric's organization right to the CF fund raiser here on this site. And I mean Ric is HUGE in this fund raiser, so in return lets knock this one out of the ballpark for those kids, please lets get behind this.

I know it is the holiday season, times are tough but whatever you can do to help... well it all adds up and we REALLY can do a good thing.

viewtopic.php?t=24992

viewtopic.php?t=24991

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Fantastic news for the CF fund raiser...

It goes like this. A while back Ric/Byrneout held a fund raiser in Dearborn, Michigan and while he was there (as he does EVERY year), he held a fund raiser (in association with White Wolf Publishing) and just bottom line, I spoke with Ric about a week ago and he told me that White Wolf Publishing will be sending me a check (made out to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) for $20,000 !!!!

I don't even really know what to say after that... but this is incredible and before I forget I want to thank Ric for doing such a great thing and always pulling in great donations for Cystic Fibrosis cure research every year. THIS year though... WOW.

With such a large donation, I feel that this is a good way to end the Cystic Fibrosis Fund Raiser here on valiantfans.com. This way the fund raising ends here on a VERY high note.

I still have auction items that will still be put up on Ebay but there will be nothing formal here on the boards in regards to fund raising. I will simply put up the auction items and when you see a blue CF in the text of the auction, you will know that particular items proceeds will be going to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I will monitor the auction and send out a 'please donate to the Team Alyssa donation website' instead of using Paypal but if the payment is still paid through Paypal, all of the proceeds will be sent to our CF website. Elveen still has the convention sketches to auction off as well... he will do this after the New Year and again the proceeds will be donated on the website for all to watch as the donation amount keeps climbing.

Will there be a VfVSS for CF ?

No. But I DO have a final project that will be out after the New Year but it will not be for CF nor will it have an Alyssa book.

Officially, I will not be raising donations on valiantfans.com any longer. I want to thank EVERYONE who has EVER made a donation. Over these past five years we as a team, as a community have done AWESOME things and my family and I appreciate EVERYTHING that has been done by the fantastic people on this message board. I have archieved everything, have all the project books and notes on everything that this great message board has done to help kids around the world live longer and fight for a cure. I will keep all of this and one day when Alyssa is old enough to really understand, I PROMISE you that I will bring everything out and show her how great you guys are. I can't wait to see the smile on her face when she sees how generous and gracious this message board has been in helping find a cure for CF.

Thank you again, everyone... it has been a GREAT RUN.

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!

Post by Lightning Strike »

:thumb:

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Anything I had a hand in, it was my pleasure.

-slym

TKWill

Post by TKWill »

slym2none wrote:Anything I had a hand in, it was my pleasure.

-slym
:hope:

tssgery
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by tssgery »

Knightt wrote:... it has been a GREAT RUN.
That it has. That it has.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Chris,

Thank you so much for the work you've done for CFF and for letting us join in.
I have been proud to have ValiantFans.com take part in the projects and fundraising for CFF,
and I believe we will always look at the CFF work as one of the best things this board has done.

The $20,000 is simply unbelievable. Amazing work, Ric. You're an inspiration. :clap:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Amazing start to this year's CF fundraiser.

The convention sketches will begin to be auctioned off this January.

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

I'm very proud to have been a part of this, in any small way.

Thank you for bringing this cause to our attention. We can't try and fix thing unless we know they're broken... so let's hope CF soon goes the way of polio or smallpox.

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

Chris

Great things have been done here thanks to your hard work. I'm sad to see this end because I think there is still much work for us to do.

Ric, what you continue to do blows me away. You are a true insperation to us all.

I'm glad to know you both, if only a little.

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

:clap: :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Mr. Holland,

This would never have been possible without you giving me a way to fund raise. Never in a hundred years would I have thought that a comic book message board would not only yield large sums of donation money but bring me into contact with some really great people.

I thank 'you'.

'We' have made a difference here... 'we' have done great things.
greg wrote:Chris,

Thank you so much for the work you've done for CFF and for letting us join in.
I have been proud to have ValiantFans.com take part in the projects and fundraising for CFF,
and I believe we will always look at the CFF work as one of the best things this board has done.

The $20,000 is simply unbelievable. Amazing work, Ric. You're an inspiration. :clap:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Byrneout wrote:I'm very proud to have been a part of this, in any small way.

Thank you for bringing this cause to our attention. We can't try and fix thing unless we know they're broken... so let's hope CF soon goes the way of polio or smallpox.
With your incredible support and valiantfans.com's support through the years, Ric... we are MUCH closer to a cure than ever.

You have been awesome year after year.

I pledge to be more supportive and involved in YOUR fund raiser in the years to come.

I also hope that there will one day be a cure for CF... and a cure for the numerous other diseases that afflict children and adults every year. I would bet a paycheck that through CF cure research, they will find the keys to cure other diseases.

I am not stopping my battle to find a cure for CF, there is too much potential to not only cure CF but those other diseases as well. Besides, I tuck my reason to keep on FIGHTING CYSTIC FIBROSIS into bed every night. :thumb:

willyt
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
wow sounds great

Post by willyt »

Hey sounds great! I have really missed alot of what has been going on here. I want to start something one day like yall. but right now i can more contribute than trying to start something up that large and complex. Congratulations! So when does the next one start? Hey Knightt you changed your avatar! If i remember correctly you were/are in the armed forces? I am Sorry it has been awhile. Well look foreward to upcoming news, and I didnt know this section existed!
Merry Christmas! and New Year

Will

Knightt
Re: wow sounds great

Post by Knightt »

willyt wrote:Hey sounds great! I have really missed alot of what has been going on here. I want to start something one day like yall. but right now i can more contribute than trying to start something up that large and complex. Congratulations! So when does the next one start? Hey Knightt you changed your avatar! If i remember correctly you were/are in the armed forces? I am Sorry it has been awhile. Well look foreward to upcoming news, and I didnt know this section existed!
Merry Christmas! and New Year

Will
Yes, I was in the Army, Will... retired from the Army going on 2 yrs, 20 yrs was enough.

I am sorry Will, I will not be doing any further fund raising on valiantfans.com.

I will continue to fight CF, just not here.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Hey everybody !!! Got this in the mail and my CF Boss up in Tucson is coming down to pick it up tomorrow (and buy me lunch dammit :wink: ). It should be reflected on the Team Alyssa CF Donation site very soon after that.

HUGE kudos go out to Byrneout !!! Ric, you have played a HUGE part in the fight against cystic fibrosis !!! You are a man among men and I want to thank you for putting in so much work that enabled this donation to be made to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

YOU ROCK !!!

Elveen
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

WOW.

Just WOW!