Ninja Blade

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Ninja Blade

Post by Knightt »

Anybody playing this game ?

I think I am actually having FUN, playing this mindless game filled with (QTE) to beat bad guys. It's simply a superhero Ninja fighting off this huge infestation of Tokyo and you going in with some cool *SQUEE* weapons and putting the smack down to everything. I had a 20 min or so fight with a big boss last night, never got frustrated and when I was done didnt have that 'blech' feeling when I turned off my console. I am not a huge fan of busting open every box and container or keeping an eye out for cracked walls that can be broken to reveal a pretty good sized amount goodies.

The QTEs I think distract from the visual gameplay as I am more concentrated on the buttons on the screen to push rather than the beautiful graphics during the fight (kind of like God of War boss battles). But the game is telling a STORY and so far it is pretty good and wow, you just can't beat the graphics.

Anyone else playing this ?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Anyone ? Bueller ? Ferris Bueller ? Anyone ?

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

sounds great ill check it out :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

IMO, it is worth it just for the fun factor and VERY nice graphics and is a really nice filler until Wolverine: Origins, Infamous, Prototype and Batman: Arkam Asylum (don't expect me to post, shave, bath and barely eat when this comes out. I am saving plastic water bottles now but, well... 'in game potty breaks') Gross huh ?

Ya know, I say that but a few year ago when I was in Bosnia, it was SO COLD that nobody would walk to the latrines so we filled water bottles up with pee and put them into the garbage cans outside our huts so the Bosnians would take care of them... hahahaha, I mean YUCK, gross huh ? :wink:

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

Really? I thought it looked kind of lame. If there's a demo I'll check it out soon.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

JohnnyRnR wrote:Really? I thought it looked kind of lame. If there's a demo I'll check it out soon.
The demo is on XBL.... :thumb:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Just got this, looking forward to trying it out.

:thumb:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Tried the first few levels, and it reminds me a lot of Ninja Gaiden. Except the boss battles are outrageous. On the second one you are fighting a giant slug and at one point he throws you and everything in a parking lot up into the air, so you grab a motorcycle out of the air, ride it down the sides of falling buses and then throw it in the slug's mouth after knifing the gas tank.

Who the hell thinks up crap like that? I want to shake his hand.

etos45
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

Tried this game out the other night and is could have been fun, but the thing I hate about this game is the same this I hate about God of War... timed button mashing. You go through all the trouble to weaken the enemy and then you accidentally hit Y instead of X and you have to start all over. I thought it was a fluke at the beginning free fall, but when I got to the first boss fight, it was over for me. Back to MLB2k8...

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

etos45 wrote:Tried this game out the other night and is could have been fun, but the thing I hate about this game is the same this I hate about God of War... timed button mashing. You go through all the trouble to weaken the enemy and then you accidentally hit Y instead of X and you have to start all over. I thought it was a fluke at the beginning free fall, but when I got to the first boss fight, it was over for me. Back to MLB2k8...
I thought about that too. The only thing that makes it tolerable with NB is that if you miss one it only resets you back a few seconds, it's almost like they didn't want you get bored sitting through a cutscene. And the outlandish nature of the Todome moves makes it up for me.

It's definitely not a great game but it's been pretty fun.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

depluto wrote:
etos45 wrote:Tried this game out the other night and is could have been fun, but the thing I hate about this game is the same this I hate about God of War... timed button mashing. You go through all the trouble to weaken the enemy and then you accidentally hit Y instead of X and you have to start all over. I thought it was a fluke at the beginning free fall, but when I got to the first boss fight, it was over for me. Back to MLB2k8...
I thought about that too. The only thing that makes it tolerable with NB is that if you miss one it only resets you back a few seconds, it's almost like they didn't want you get bored sitting through a cutscene. And the outlandish nature of the Todome moves makes it up for me.

Yeah man, I called it... FUN. Just the outlandish situations make it worth the play and yeah if they went further back in time it would have ruined it for me, good thing it's only a few seconds and on normal mode, the button sequence does not change but go up a difficulty level and they change everytime !!! :thumb:

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Knightt wrote:
depluto wrote:

Yeah man, I called it... FUN. Just the outlandish situations make it worth the play and yeah if they went further back in time it would have ruined it for me, good thing it's only a few seconds and on normal mode, the button sequence does not change but go up a difficulty level and they change everytime !!! :thumb:
I'll probably still give it a go when it comes out (or is it out). I loved the actual fighting parts and I guess if they at least keep the buttons the same for normal then I can get through it....

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

etos45 wrote:I'll probably still give it a go when it comes out (or is it out). I loved the actual fighting parts and I guess if they at least keep the buttons the same for normal then I can get through it....
If you just like the fighting parts then I would try Ninja Gaiden ... that game is brutally tough, though.

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

depluto wrote:
etos45 wrote:I'll probably still give it a go when it comes out (or is it out). I loved the actual fighting parts and I guess if they at least keep the buttons the same for normal then I can get through it....
If you just like the fighting parts then I would try Ninja Gaiden ... that game is brutally tough, though.
yeah have to agree ninja gaiden is one tough sob

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

robb77 wrote:
depluto wrote:
yeah have to agree ninja gaiden is one tough sob
I think that there was some lawsuit at one time when the game came out... the original Ninja Gaiden was TOUGH, so the next was was to be made easier, I mean the programmer was given some special guidance. I guess he said screw it and made it tough anyways.

But there is Ninja Gaiden Sigma or something like that coming out, which I would bet a paycheck would be at least 'playable'. I'm glad I got Ninja Gaiden for free as it was just too damn tough.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

depluto wrote:
I rented the last Ninja Gaiden for PS3 when it came out and I REALLY enjoyed it... for about a level. Then it's exactly like you said... it was so hard that I couldn't get anywhere.... everywhere I looked someone was throwing a spear at me, or a puzzle had to be solved while fighting off 50 guys and a goat with a cape... it was insanity!!!! :D So I just had to put it down.

That's kind of what was appealing to me about this game was that it had all the fighting fun (well, most) but it was also PLAYABLE too. I play games to have fun (which is why I like button mashers) and while I want to be challenged... I don't want it to be such a challenge that the game becomes more of a chore than a form of recreation.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

I'm seven levels in (out of nine) in Ninja Blade. It's not bad for a rental but I wouldn't pay $60 for it. It's still fun, it's just not the kind of game I would play through a couple or three times.