Who is the most clever?

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Who is the most clever?

Batman
51%
Doctor Who
21%
Thanos
18%
Ice Cream
10%

Total votes: 39

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!

Post by Lightning Strike »

comicsyte95 wrote:I had to go with thanos he conned the oldest beings in the universe to give him the most powerful tool in the universe(the infinity gauntlet),while at the same time conning death (a conceptual being) to gain infinite power.Heck during the end of the infinity crusade he conned Mephisto (the prince of lies) into thinking he was going to give him a working cosmic cube in return for his help and gave him nothing but a useless box(outsmarting him).
:thumb:

sanman
I can feel the custom bug

Post by sanman »

Lightning Strike wrote:
comicsyte95 wrote:I had to go with thanos he conned the oldest beings in the universe to give him the most powerful tool in the universe(the infinity gauntlet),while at the same time conning death (a conceptual being) to gain infinite power.Heck during the end of the infinity crusade he conned Mephisto (the prince of lies) into thinking he was going to give him a working cosmic cube in return for his help and gave him nothing but a useless box(outsmarting him).
Excelent point :oops:

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

ya that is a great point

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

How about we admit it is a draw and they each represent the most clever character in their respective universe?

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

ahh good call

terreth
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by terreth »

xodacia81 wrote:How about we admit it is a draw and they each represent the most clever character in their respective universe?
Excellent idea!

It was the only conclusion I could come to as well.

But what a fun fan boy comic or novella a crossover like this would be to write!

sanman

Post by sanman »

terreth wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:How about we admit it is a draw and they each represent the most clever character in their respective universe?
Excellent idea!

It was the only conclusion I could come to as well.

But what a fun fan boy comic or novella a crossover like this would be to write!
Each is so unique that it really is hard to compare. Might as well make a who’s who list of clever characters and throw Spock in for good measure.

terreth

Post by terreth »

I know Spock and he is no Thanos, Doctor Who, or Batman.

No offense to the coolness of Spock though. :thumb:

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

Ozymandias should be on the list too,he outsmarted Doctor Manhattan,and the whole world pretty easy! :thumb:

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Who, hands down, especially based on the recent interpretation. Then Batman. Then Thanos. The last is a schemer and whatnot, not simply 'brilliant' in the way the other two are.

leonmallett
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

comicsyte95 wrote:Ozymandias should be on the list too,he outsmarted Doctor Manhattan,and the whole world pretty easy! :thumb:
Except he overlooked the very first ability that Dr Manhattan used to become Dr Manhattan...
Last edited by leonmallett on Fri May 22, 2009 4:23:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

I guess even the smartest man on earth,doesn't know everything! :hm:

*SQUEE*
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: Who is the most clever?

Post by *SQUEE* »

Lightning Strike wrote:
terreth wrote:I was doing a little fan boy dreaming and wondered who is the most clever?
It's Thanos without a doubt. Anyone who is capable of outwitting the Elders of the Universe for their Infinity gems is the most clever.
Batman could have done that, but he was way to busy crying over his dead parents to bother.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Who is the most clever?
Just Thor.

-slym

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

slym2none wrote:
Who is the most clever?
Just Thor.

-slym
Just Thor.
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

I have just read Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers and it gives a breakdown of the attributes of each of the Infinity Gems.

The Mind Gem gives its owner unlimited knowledge and the ability to read minds (I'm probably the only one here who didn't know that but, hey...) so I would have to say, with Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos would be most clever as he knows all and has the ability to read minds and so can think like others (which makes all the Infinity crossovers wrong, Thanos is omnipotent and omniscient so he would have known and been able to counter all the heroes' plans as soon as they did).

Without Infinity Gems I would have to say Batman.

terreth

Post by terreth »

Just for clarification, Thanos here is without any of the special uber power granting cosmic objects/articles (i.e. cosmic cube, Infinity Gauntlet or Gems, Heart of the Universe, etc.)

Batman is Bruce Wayned and has his suit, belt, and the batcave.

The Doctor has the Tardis (and who knows what all in there).

Drift

Post by Drift »

Batman is cleverest then.

The Doctor doesn't even get a look in. He isn't all that clever, he just has a deus ex machina pen-torch.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Drift wrote:I have just read Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers and it gives a breakdown of the attributes of each of the Infinity Gems.

The Mind Gem gives its owner unlimited knowledge and the ability to read minds (I'm probably the only one here who didn't know that but, hey...) so I would have to say, with Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos would be most clever as he knows all and has the ability to read minds and so can think like others (which makes all the Infinity crossovers wrong, Thanos is omnipotent and omniscient so he would have known and been able to counter all the heroes' plans as soon as they did).

During the battle with the heroes, Thanos cut himself off from input of 5 of the 6 Infinity Gems. He willed himself back up to full power to square off against the cosmic entities but he was still adjusting to replacing Eternity as the embodiment of everything when Nebula snatched the gauntlet from his hand.

Draco
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Chiclo wrote:
Drift wrote:I have just read Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers and it gives a breakdown of the attributes of each of the Infinity Gems.

During the battle with the heroes, Thanos cut himself off from input of 5 of the 6 Infinity Gems. He willed himself back up to full power to square off against the cosmic entities but he was still adjusting to replacing Eternity as the embodiment of everything when Nebula snatched the gauntlet from his hand.
Thanks for the clarification but it just proves my point. He shouldn't have to adjust because with the gems he is all powerful and it makes no sense to cut himself off from the power that he has gained as it was what he sought in the first place to make him Death's equal.
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Draco wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

Thanks for the clarification but it just proves my point. He shouldn't have to adjust because with the gems he is all powerful and it makes no sense to cut himself off from the power that he has gained as it was what he sought in the first place to make him Death's equal.
He cut himself off from the power to show Mistress Death his valor in battle and afford the collected heroes a 0.02% chance at victory. Mephisto convinced him it would be a good idea and could possibly thaw Death's heart.

Before the gems, he was not her equal. With the gems, she was not his.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

very good stuff big C :thumb:

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Gotta vote on Batman, the dude is always one step ahead.

Drift

Post by Drift »

Chiclo wrote:
Draco wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

He cut himself off from the power to show Mistress Death his valor in battle and afford the collected heroes a 0.02% chance at victory. Mephisto convinced him it would be a good idea and could possibly thaw Death's heart.

Before the gems, he was not her equal. With the gems, she was not his.
But with the gems he would have known that (a) Mephisto was wrong, (b) Death wouldn't go for him with or without gems and (c) the heroes would win if he cut himself off from the power. The benefits of knowing everything, the deficits of flawed writing.

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

The way i took from it(at least from my past experience)a man will do anything to impress a woman.Its sad to say he was thinking with his pants,not with his infinite knowledge.I think he knew all was going to happen but he didn't care.If i had infinite power and wanted to impress my girlfriend and she rejected the power :!: .I probably would have done the same thing.