1st Original Art

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
1st Original Art

Post by BodaZoffa »

I just received my first page of original art..... Punisher #15 page 17. Incredibel!

Can anyone else that collects original art tell me if they can see light blue pencil lines underneath the ink? I did'nt know if this was normal or not.

Also, I would like to frame this & put it on my wall. Is this a good idea or not considering the fading factor?

Boda

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: 1st Original Art

Post by magnusr »

BodaZoffa wrote:I just received my first page of original art..... Punisher #15 page 17. Incredibel!
Congratulations. Now you'll understand how special it feels.
Can anyone else that collects original art tell me if they can see light blue pencil lines underneath the ink? I did'nt know if this was normal or not.
It is normal. Maybe not the most common, but normal. Depends on how the artists work.
Also, I would like to frame this & put it on my wall. Is this a good idea or not considering the fading factor?
Never in sun-light. And never marker drawings and some other things. But ink resists well. Most people do display their ink art and if I were you I would too.
Boda
Magnus

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

BodaZoffa wrote:I just received my first page of original art..... Punisher #15 page 17. Incredibel!

Boda
Are you going to frame it yourself or have someone else do it? In any case, insist on archival quality materials for your artwork. I have a page of X-O / Iron Man art that I plan on getting framed with its final comic book page (cut from an extra copy) sometime soon - which I've been saying for a couple years now.

:roll:

BodaZoffa

Post by BodaZoffa »

kenshikenji wrote:

Boda
is that portacio?
i love his sh**
Yes, it's Portacio. I put a $55.00 bid on it with 6 days left, & still won it. Portacio is definately a stud. The artwork is incredible! There were 5 other pieces of his up for bid with this auction. I should of bid on those also.

Boda

BodaZoffa

Post by BodaZoffa »

R Daneel wrote:

Boda
Are you going to frame it yourself or have someone else do it? In any case, insist on archival quality materials for your artwork. I have a page of X-O / Iron Man art that I plan on getting framed with its final comic book page (cut from an extra copy) sometime soon - which I've been saying for a couple years now.

:roll:
There's a place here in KC that I will send it to to be matted & framed. I'll have to ask about the archival quality materials. I hope they can do it. I'll probably display this in my basement since there are no windows to let the sunlight in.

Boda

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

I matt and frame mine myself. I get metal 22x14 frames with uv glass for about $20.00. A matt runs @ $3.00 after being cut from a full size sheet. I use arcival photo corners to mount the artwork from the back.

Most places want @ $50.00 to do it for you and I would rather have the extra money to buy more pages.

x-omatic

Post by x-omatic »

kenshikenji wrote:i bid on this and lost! it was a beaut!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=3985[/url]
I had my snipe set at 155.00 for it and it never placed the bid. It was already above my amount. I bet that cover is amazing in person.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

BodaZoffa wrote: Yes, it's Portacio. I put a $55.00 bid on it with 6 days left, & still won it. Portacio is definately a stud. The artwork is incredible! There were 5 other pieces of his up for bid with this auction. I should of bid on those also.

Boda
Suhweeeeeeet. Very nice. Now, check out the splash page to X-Factor #66. I owned that page for about 2 years. ;) Awesome stuff. I love Whilce's work, always have, since the first time I saw him in Punisher. #9 and #10 are masterworks. I would KILL to have the cover to #10. Man, what a great run. I wish Whilce's work commanded a premium. I remember when X-Factor #63 came out, and within 2 weeks, it was 'selling' for $15 at the local Bay Area cons.

His X-Factor and Uncanny work is some of the very best he's done, in my opinion. Yummmmy. ;)