Diablo 3 anyone?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Kino
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Diablo 3 anyone?

Post by Kino »

So I got my Game Informer mag the other day and there was a preview to Diablo 3. I absolutely loved the Diablo series. Anybody else looking forward to Diabloe 3?

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

I skipped a lot of classes and wasted a lot of time playing the first Diablo back in college. I absolutely loved that game! But I never played the second one. I'll have to check out the 3rd.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Heath wrote:I skipped a lot of classes and wasted a lot of time playing the first Diablo back in college. I absolutely loved that game! But I never played the second one. I'll have to check out the 3rd.
I remember staying up all night playing Diablo 2 when I was in uni... you lose alot of life to these kind of games!

Not seen anything about Diablo 3, is it only PC or is it getting a console release?

seymoregutz
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by seymoregutz »

i'm the only on in my house that liked diablo 1. i also have the hellfire expansion pack for it....not as good as diablo, the liches are the hardest to kill. i have diablo 2 and the respective expansion pack for it....a wicked cool game. my thing is that i like to hang around an area for a while and clear the area. you never know what you'll come up with. i love the scene where baal arrive at the gates to the mountain of arimat {i think that's how you spell it}. you gotta feel for that poor soul. "not your fault....tell me.....how was it.....not your fault?"

seymoregutz

Post by seymoregutz »

we'll wait a bit for the price to go down a bit. it should already be out, i think......they've had a few delays.

Kino

Post by Kino »

I think its still a pc only release but I don't recall if thats correct.

I remember one guy in my old unit had a barbarian character at level 80. Definitely a little destructive.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

It is only a PC release and I know that I will have to buy a new better high end machine to play it (although Blizzard is famous for being able to run their games at low resolution... BUT WHO WANTS TO DO THAT ?).

Diablo was one of the FIRST games to make me play until 5am in the morning and get up at 630 am to go to work, just to get home and start playing again. Also one of the first games that I completed.

I look forward to hopefully playing it but I think it will need a new computer... unless I highjack my daughters, I bought her a tricked out system better than her brother's so she could play World of Warcraft if all it's glory while the boy was at a lower resolution and experiencing lag... hehehehe hey it didnt have to be like that but he was running his mouth.

Kino

Post by Kino »

Knightt wrote:It is only a PC release and I know that I will have to buy a new better high end machine to play it (although Blizzard is famous for being able to run their games at low resolution... BUT WHO WANTS TO DO THAT ?).

Diablo was one of the FIRST games to make me play until 5am in the morning and get up at 630 am to go to work, just to get home and start playing again. Also one of the first games that I completed.

I look forward to hopefully playing it but I think it will need a new computer... unless I highjack my daughters, I bought her a tricked out system better than her brother's so she could play World of Warcraft if all it's glory while the boy was at a lower resolution and experiencing lag... hehehehe hey it didnt have to be like that but he was running his mouth.
I still play diablo from time to time. I actually beat the game couple times as I had to reload the OS and/or changed computers with it. I did not check to see what system requirements would be needed but I sure hope my laptop i bought last year will do the trick.

maraxusofkeld
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
Valiant fan since: UNITY
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Magnus
Favorite artist: Bob Layton

Post by maraxusofkeld »

I liked both, but if it is going to be solely an online MMO I am not going to play, dont have the time.