Quick access to important topics since 2004

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Knightt wrote:
I am quite pleased to have a XO Manowar and Armorines vs Aliens and a Rogue Trooper pieces of art from Mr. Berryhill that I am extremely pleased with. :thumb:

Nice one on Stu !!!
Sounds cool, you should post a pic of it.
I can do that, I just need some time is all. :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I would like to thank tssgery for the 'get well' Captain America SDCC sketch by Sean Chen that Elveen put up for auction for CF. I really like the piece and in my position it is hard to put down a bid on a CF auction item without the possibility that someone is going to think that I price bumping. But Eric won it (I was supposed to pay for it) and he ended up donating the money as per the auction and then had Elveen send it to me. I will have this sketch matted and framed. Cap being on my top three list (Batman, Captain America and The Punisher), this really will hold a special place on my wall... especially as it came from a friend and is associated with a good cause.

As I spoke to Elveen AND Eric about it... I had Eric bid on it for me and yesterday I sent a check to my CF boss up in Tucson to have my donation of $500 to be added to what we already have in donations. So, that Captain America sketch got a $551 donation directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Thanks to both Elveen and tssgery...

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Knightt wrote:I would like to thank tssgery for the 'get well' Captain America SDCC sketch by Sean Chen that Elveen put up for auction for CF. I really like the piece and in my position it is hard to put down a bid on a CF auction item without the possibility that someone is going to think that I price bumping. But Eric won it (I was supposed to pay for it) and he ended up donating the money as per the auction and then had Elveen send it to me. I will have this sketch matted and framed. Cap being on my top three list (Batman, Captain America and The Punisher), this really will hold a special place on my wall... especially as it came from a friend and is associated with a good cause.

As I spoke to Elveen AND Eric about it... I had Eric bid on it for me and yesterday I sent a check to my CF boss up in Tucson to have my donation of $500 to be added to what we already have in donations. So, that Captain America sketch got a $551 donation directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Umm are you guys ok with that ? I mean, me having a proxy bidder ?

I've had the check made out for a time and was waiting on my boss up on Tucson to get it squared away.

But are you guys ok with all of this ?

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:
Knightt wrote:I would like to thank tssgery for the 'get well' Captain America SDCC sketch by Sean Chen that Elveen put up for auction for CF. I really like the piece and in my position it is hard to put down a bid on a CF auction item without the possibility that someone is going to think that I price bumping. But Eric won it (I was supposed to pay for it) and he ended up donating the money as per the auction and then had Elveen send it to me. I will have this sketch matted and framed. Cap being on my top three list (Batman, Captain America and The Punisher), this really will hold a special place on my wall... especially as it came from a friend and is associated with a good cause.

Umm are you guys ok with that ? I mean, me having a proxy bidder ?

I've had the check made out for a time and was waiting on my boss up on Tucson to get it squared away.

But are you guys ok with all of this ?
Not sure why anyone would have a problem with it. These are meant to raise money for CF, and that's exactly what happened. I put a lowball bid on this piece, but I'm certainly not disappointed that it was bid up because it meant more money for the charity.

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by JonesyAZ »

I need to give shouts out to various folks on here that have helped me obtain reader copies of VH1 for some great prices, awesome quality, and pure generosity since I began visiting this site!

Keep in mind, if I forget your name...it's only because I accidentally deleted the old PM (I have a habit of keeping my inbox clean for storage purposes...lol)

Thanks go to the following for the books:

Knightt
Elveen
xodacia81
dhudson1
turborip
tmcneil82
Doorman
Phantom
Drift
IanAlexavier
Brother J
imagesowner2
worldsbestcomics

General thanks go to:

Chiclo
Dr. Solar
ZephyrWasHot!! (you three for the podcast and comic knowledge!!!)

Greg (for the ability to be here!!!)

Y'all are true fans, saints, buddies, and just all-around genuinely wonderful human beings! I've said it before, and i'm sure i'll say it again...you have helped me greatly this year both with reconnecting with my love for comics, and furthering my spiritual path!!

THANK you!!!!

- JonesyAZ

tmcneil82
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Re: KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by tmcneil82 »

JonesyAZ wrote:I need to give shouts out to various folks on here that have helped me obtain reader copies of *VALIANT (1991-1996)* for some great prices, awesome quality, and pure generosity since I began visiting this site!

Keep in mind, if I forget your name...it's only because I accidentally deleted the old PM (I have a habit of keeping my inbox clean for storage purposes...lol)

Knightt
Elveen
xodacia81
dhudson1
turborip
tmcneil82
Doorman
Phantom
Drift
IanAlexavier
Brother J
imagesowner2
worldsbestcomics

General thanks go to:

Chiclo
Dr. Solar

Y'all are true fans, saints, buddies, and just all-around genuinely wonderful human beings! I've said it before, and i'm sure i'll say it again...you have helped me greatly this year both with reconnecting with my love for comics, and furthering my spiritual path!!

THANK you!!!!

- JonesyAZ
welcome Jonesy! I'm going to dig through my books again tonight and see if i have any more that you need. I need to clean some out.

And this board is really wonderful. Thanks to all of you who make it so!

dhudson1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: duh, X-O
Favorite writer: ditti
Favorite artist: all of them
Re: KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by dhudson1 »

JonesyAZ wrote:I need to give shouts out to various folks on here that have helped me obtain reader copies of *VALIANT (1991-1996)* for some great prices, awesome quality, and pure generosity since I began visiting this site!

Knightt
Elveen
xodacia81
dhudson1
turborip
tmcneil82
Doorman
Phantom
Drift
IanAlexavier
Brother J
imagesowner2
worldsbestcomics

General thanks go to:

Chiclo
Dr. Solar

THANK you!!!!

- JonesyAZ
Thanks Jonesy. I believe on another board you said the oldest book you have is from the 70's. We will have to remedy that, got to find a good sixties book to send to you!
Last edited by dhudson1 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:33:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

Big THANKS!!! goes out to GJB for providing me with some LESS THAN PERFECT copies of CEAR and Harby PINK for my binding projects!!

THANK YOU!!!! These will be perfect!!!

I can just hear some of you give out a groan over my intentions for these books.. :lol:

...others of you, have a smile on your face :thumb:

tmcneil82
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tmcneil82 »

IanAlexavier wrote:Big THANKS!!! goes out to GJB for providing me with some LESS THAN PERFECT copies of *Chaos Effect Alpha Red (C.E.A.R.)* and Harby PINK for my binding projects!!

I can just hear some of you give out a groan over my intentions for these books.. :lol:

I've got some cool *SQUEE* at my house if you want to come over and cut the heck out of it?

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

You people are sick.

-slym

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

tmcneil82 wrote:
IanAlexavier wrote:Big THANKS!!! goes out to GJB for providing me with some LESS THAN PERFECT copies of *Chaos Effect Alpha Red (C.E.A.R.)* and Harby PINK for my binding projects!!

I've got some cool *SQUEE* at my house if you want to come over and cut the heck out of it?
Woohoo!! I'll be right over :thumb: :thumb: :lol:

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

Kudos to comicguy for a great set of X-Men books. These were part of a present someone is getting for me and I am quite happy!

-slym

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Big kudos to comicsyte95 for the 'box o' cards AND some VERY cool Silver Age books. I was able to use a few of the chase cards out of the lot and the books, oh man... books I never thought I would own (condition be damned, I swear I hear angels sing when I touch them)

Thanks comicsyte95 !!! (and DOUBLE thank you for your continued support - you know what I mean)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Going down my list tonight...

HUGE THANKS to slym2none for the Crossgen TPB that I was a needin' (Travelers Edition). That knocked the mini-TPBs out for me. I appreciate it NB !!!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Sure I could knock this out in one post but I believe that every board member that does something nice should have their own post about it... saying that:

WHOO HOO THANK YOUU to superman-prime for the Blackest Night black rings. They are much cooler looking in person, they are VERY cool, man.

Thank you very much, Mike.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Draco wrote:
comicsyte95 wrote:Many thanks go out to Knightt for hooking me up with some cool comics which meant alot,but what got to me was some messages ,prayers,and a phone call in a tough time. :)
Never fails dude.

:thumb:
HA never fails... well it never fails that my 'stack' over there keeps getting bigger and bigger. Thank you for whatever is in that stack as right now, I have no idea... hahaha

One thing that Draco has done was ship books to my place (in fact, all of my UK buddies have been doing that for a while now because many eBayers will not ship overseas) and I will mention an item to them and basically if I need it Draco pounces on the chance to give it to me. Whether it has been books or cards, Draco has been hooking me up since day one.

Thank you, Ian

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Thanks to turborip for the excellent transaction that just occurred. Great books at a great price and INCREDIBLE packing.

Thanks...

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Thanks to StarBrand for my early Christmas present, a stack of Shadowman #8, can never have enough of those! :thumb:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Brother J wrote:Thanks to StarBrand for my early Christmas present, a stack of Shadowman #8, can never have enough of those! :thumb:
How many are you up to now, Bro J?

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Brother J wrote:Thanks to StarBrand for my early Christmas present, a stack of Shadowman #8, can never have enough of those! :thumb:
Rough estimate, but I believe at least 90 raw copies, plus 2 CGC 9.8.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Brother J wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Rough estimate, but I believe at least 90 raw copies, plus 2 CGC 9.8.
Cool, that's quite a hefty amount. Great book to collect.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

A quick and awesome THANKS to vikingspawn for a nice stack of Dark Horse's CGW. I needed all of the Barb Wire issues and it is GREAT to have a Barb Wire 'no price, pink' variant. I gave mine away a long time ago and have been looking to obtain another copy ever since.

Good trade, vikingspawn !!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Got them in a few days ago but THANK YOU to JonesyAZ for the Blackest Night 1 and 2, and a few BN related Green Lantern issues. My books for you in trade will be on there way soon.

I am truly sorry that I have not mailed them out sooner, but looking for a new job during THIS time of year is much harder than I thought. Going through the holidays with no clear site of employment is starting to wear on me, but making trades like this, helps keep my spirits up.

Thank you...

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

BOO YAA to Greg for the Ultraverse 'Catch' comic that is the variant to the variant that I have. hehehe NICE, very nice Greg. Thank you. 'The box' got here this morning.

Wow...

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

It seems like I am a person that posts in this section here of late... or maybe just has more reasons. Whichever is the case, I would ask folks to publicly say thank you and acknowledge a person who has sent something to you, or you have had a great transaction... I have seen so many acts of kindness on and through this board to know that people are making the Comic Karma wheel go round and round. So, please if you have something to post about concerning the generosity of another board member or even a 'great phone call' that made your day.

I want to say a big 'thank you' to my fellow Ninja-Master worldsbestcomics (Steve) for a Secret Santa gift that arrived in the mail this morning. REALLY STEVE... thank you, that particular gift is very precious to me and gives me fond memories to ponder and remember the greatness of another fellow board member who is no longer with us. That 'ache' never goes away but with time it has become easier to deal with, not that I don't tear up any longer because I do, but it is solidified knowing that his memory will endure on this message board... and for the rest of my life.

Thank you Steve for reminding me and for your thoughtfulness.

Thank you...