Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin
Dante's Inferno

Post by Cyberstrike »

Have anyone downloaded the demo to this game yet?
I did.
While I found it's story interesting (it's being inspired by The Divine Comedy) You play as Dante a Crusader who has committed a major sin. I'm not sure if he cheated on his wife, or he killed a bunch of civilian POWs. When he's stabbed in back in battle the Grim Reaper tells him he's going to Hell for his sins and so his wife, he beats the Reaper and takes his syche as his new weapon, he then goes home only to find his beautiful wife dead and her soul is being taken to hell and to the devil. Dante finds a the Gates of Hell under a Church and meets the angel Virgil his guide into Hell.

The cutscenes are beautiful and voice acting and the graphics are pretty damn good as well except that Dante and the monsters he battles seem to be very small. The controls are easy to get the hang of but the game play reminds me so much of Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden 2 it feels like a game that I've already played several times. I could see myself buying this game for $20-$40 but not for $60.

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

played the demo - great game cant wait for the full version

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Is this 360 or PS3?

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Everyone I have spoken to elsewhere said this was just a poor imitation of God of War.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

ian_house wrote:Is this 360 or PS3?
It will come out on both systems.

I have downloaded and played it on both systems and I reserved mine for the PS3 because I believe it looks better.

I think the game is AWESOME (and yes, it may be God of War-ish but that is going to be the standard to beat and if they can put a great looking game together, then hey alright by me). I love how when Dante is at the castle and it breaks away with chunks falling into hell... very clear graphics which show a great deal of depth in it's construction.

But I have no fear... God of War III is going to BLOW every mind that plays it. I've been playing the demo at least twice a week now ever since I got in on the Beta a while back.

I look forward to it.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Knightt wrote:
ian_house wrote:Is this 360 or PS3?
It will come out on both systems.

I have downloaded and played it on both systems and I reserved mine for the PS3 because I believe it looks better.

I think the game is AWESOME (and yes, it may be God of War-ish but that is going to be the standard to beat and if they can put a great looking game together, then hey alright by me). I love how when Dante is at the castle and it breaks away with chunks falling into hell... very clear graphics which show a great deal of depth in it's construction.

But I have no fear... God of War III is going to BLOW every mind that plays it. I've been playing the demo at least twice a week now ever since I got in on the Beta a while back.

I look forward to it.
My complaint was the fact that Dante and most of the monsters seemed tiny to me.

I tried the first God of War I never could beat the first boss so I sold it.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

A while back, I bought the remastered in 720p PS3 games, God of War and God of War II on the same disc and have been enjoying the hell out of it. I just hope I am able to finish them as I want to be 'up on the story' when God of War III is on the street.

I get frustrated often with games here and there but I am an IGN.com member so looking for that 'way to slay' is a bit easier. I really do not like games that are SO hard and there are choke points that are a game stopper.