Finale Fantasy

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Finally beat Ultima. Now, to figure a way out of the damn crystal...

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote:
ian_house wrote:Wasn't it only 1 & 2 that came out on the GBA?
1&2 came out as a single cart with an added dungeon in each to entice existing owners to drop the dollar on it.

FF Tactics Advance was also available and very enjoyable.
There were versions of 4-6, as well, with the same sort of "Extras". 4 & 6 played very well on the GBA, as it happens, although the Vanish+Doom=win, is now missing from 6. I can't stand the version of 6 on the PS, so I always bring out my SNES or, until my DS was traded, I'd grab that, if I wanted to play the "old school" games. I would love to get another DS, though, since I didn't know until recently that FFTA has THAT much different from the first FFT.
DS also has FF Tactics Advance 2, FF3, the remake of 4 and the offshoots of XII, Crystal Chronicles (though the DS CC was patronising as *SQUEE*) and Chocobo's Storybook.
I have FF3, which is not my fave and the remake of 4, which is hard as hell. Never got a chance to play the others. I have never played a Crystal Chronicle game.
I still need to get 4 redux, TA2 and a couple of the spin offs myself. I don't want to get XII Revenant Wings until I finish XII.

I never got round to Crystal Chronicles on GC because I still don't have a GC. CC on DS *SQUEE* me off though because it is so kiddyfied. I will get round to grabbing a GC at some point when I can find one cheap because I want Megaman.exe 1.5, Resi 0 and the Metroid Prime games.
Oh Man get a Gamecube! They were awesome. You can get them in game or something similar for about £20-30. So many good games. If you do track down the Paper Mario games.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

ian_house wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote: 1&2 came out as a single cart with an added dungeon in each to entice existing owners to drop the dollar on it.

FF Tactics Advance was also available and very enjoyable.
There were versions of 4-6, as well, with the same sort of "Extras". 4 & 6 played very well on the GBA, as it happens, although the Vanish+Doom=win, is now missing from 6. I can't stand the version of 6 on the PS, so I always bring out my SNES or, until my DS was traded, I'd grab that, if I wanted to play the "old school" games. I would love to get another DS, though, since I didn't know until recently that FFTA has THAT much different from the first FFT.
DS also has FF Tactics Advance 2, FF3, the remake of 4 and the offshoots of XII, Crystal Chronicles (though the DS CC was patronising as *SQUEE*) and Chocobo's Storybook.
I have FF3, which is not my fave and the remake of 4, which is hard as hell. Never got a chance to play the others. I have never played a Crystal Chronicle game.
I still need to get 4 redux, TA2 and a couple of the spin offs myself. I don't want to get XII Revenant Wings until I finish XII.

I never got round to Crystal Chronicles on GC because I still don't have a GC. CC on DS *SQUEE* me off though because it is so kiddyfied. I will get round to grabbing a GC at some point when I can find one cheap because I want Megaman.exe 1.5, Resi 0 and the Metroid Prime games.
Oh Man get a Gamecube! They were awesome. You can get them in game or something similar for about £20-30. So many good games. If you do track down the Paper Mario games.
Better to get a Wii and then the GC controlr/Memory card, as the Wii is backwards compatible. The GC is a FUN machine, much like the Wii.

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

xodacia81 wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote: There were versions of 4-6, as well, with the same sort of "Extras". 4 & 6 played very well on the GBA, as it happens, although the Vanish+Doom=win, is now missing from 6. I can't stand the version of 6 on the PS, so I always bring out my SNES or, until my DS was traded, I'd grab that, if I wanted to play the "old school" games. I would love to get another DS, though, since I didn't know until recently that FFTA has THAT much different from the first FFT.

Better to get a Wii and then the GC controlr/Memory card, as the Wii is backwards compatible. The GC is a FUN machine, much like the Wii.
If I can grab one cheap I'll get a Cube but unless they really pull something out of the bag I can't see myself getting a Wii for quite a while as there is no need to drop a ton on a machine with 5 decent games.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote: DS also has FF Tactics Advance 2, FF3, the remake of 4 and the offshoots of XII, Crystal Chronicles (though the DS CC was patronising as *SQUEE*) and Chocobo's Storybook.

If I can grab one cheap I'll get a Cube but unless they really pull something out of the bag I can't see myself getting a Wii for quite a while as there is no need to drop a ton on a machine with 5 decent games.
The nice thing about the Wii is that it has the "Virtual Console", which allows you to play, for very little, a wide catalogue of classic games up through and including the 32/64 bit era. I've seen them used for as little as 130 and new for as little as 190.

Drift

Post by Drift »

xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote: I have FF3, which is not my fave and the remake of 4, which is hard as hell. Never got a chance to play the others. I have never played a Crystal Chronicle game.

The nice thing about the Wii is that it has the "Virtual Console", which allows you to play, for very little, a wide catalogue of classic games up through and including the 32/64 bit era. I've seen them used for as little as 130 and new for as little as 190.
They are just about to drop it to 100. Still a bit more than the earlier consoles which is my secondary focus after my handhelds.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Drift wrote: I still need to get 4 redux, TA2 and a couple of the spin offs myself. I don't want to get XII Revenant Wings until I finish XII.

They are just about to drop it to 100. Still a bit more than the earlier consoles which is my secondary focus after my handhelds.
Not bad. There are some great games on that, including Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Kart.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Still playing XII. Got past the Pylraster mark. I think I'm going to level up and attempt some more hunts and MAYBE "Pheonix". It's going to be quite some time before I consider messing with the Hell Wyrm again.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Still on FF 12. I beat Fafnir and I...I used Gambits to do it. I HAD to. With 1.34 million hitpoints, it's the simplest way to go about destroying that vile wyrm. Next up: Some level building and armor/weapon hunting.

Doing the leveling and getting little things finished here and there but has anyone else ever tried the sub-levels at the Pharos? The programmers were evil. Pure evil.

steelhead53
2 posts down, 2 million to go
2 posts down, 2 million to go

Post by steelhead53 »

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy 7! Personally, nothing beats FF7. Graphics may not be as good as the latest ones but I like the story, more fight scenes and cool mini games! ;)

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

steelhead53 wrote:I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy 7! Personally, nothing beats FF7. Graphics may not be as good as the latest ones but I like the story, more fight scenes and cool mini games! ;)

xodacia81
Re: Finale Fantasy

Post by xodacia81 »

Going through 12 again. Tried another play of 10 but couldn't get into it. Seems 6 and 12 have settled down as my two faves.

iwantvaliant
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by iwantvaliant »

xodacia81 wrote:Going through 12 again. Tried another play of 10 but couldn't get into it. Seems 6 and 12 have settled down as my two faves.
1, 7 and 9 are my favorites. But that probably has to do with me being young and impressionable when I played them.
My podcast reviews the Valiant trades: http://vepodcast.wordpress.com/
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

iwantvaliantcomics wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:Going through 12 again. Tried another play of 10 but couldn't get into it. Seems 6 and 12 have settled down as my two faves.
1, 7 and 9 are my favorites. But that probably has to do with me being young and impressionable when I played them.
ONE? ONE? I played it first-way back in the 8 bit days-but the first one I completed-I didn't finish One until years later, when the PS edition came out-was 4, on the SNES, as 2. Fond memories. Seems that FF, more than most series, is all about "when" you played it.