May Solicitations

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

orbitalshift
Get those scissors away from my coupons
May Solicitations

Post by orbitalshift »

DOCTOR SOLAR, MAN OF THE ATOM #8

Written by Jim Shooter, art by Roger Robinson and Agustin Alessio, colored by Alessio and Wes Dzioba, cover by Michael Komarck.

It's Doctor Solar, Master of the Unified Field, versus Mindbender, Master of Matter, for the championship of the universe. But how much of the universe will be left in their wake? And witness the spectacular double death of Tanek Nuro. Plus, in the conclusion of Solar's origin epic, a man-made sun lays waste to the world by fire. In the heart of the thermonuclear inferno, a consciousness strives to prevent the end of the planet--a consciousness reborn as The Man of the Atom.

32 pages, $3.50, in stores on May 4.

TUROK, SON OF STONE #5

Written by Jim Shooter, art by Eduardo Francisco, colored by Jose Villarrubia, cover by Raymond Swanland.

In a lost land ruled by thunder lizards, Native Americans Turok and Andar face dangers beyond time and imagination. In the service of Tech Lord Tinker, Turok leads an odd squad of castaway commandos on an invasion of the safehold of the Amazons. Their objective: a girdle made of ytterbium steel. Amazons are not easy marks--especially Phalanx, the daughter of a renowned twenty seventh-century champion.

32 pages, $3.50, in stores on May 18.

Looks like the connections are starting to show. Also looks like the lost land has some Twi'leks?

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

I really like the Turok artwork.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: May Solicitations

Post by Ryan »

orbitalshift wrote: It's Doctor Solar, Master of the Unified Field, versus Mindbender, Master of Matter, for the championship of the universe. But how much of the universe will be left in their wake? And witness the spectacular double death of Tanek Nuro. Plus, in the conclusion of Solar's origin epic, a man-made sun lays waste to the world by fire. In the heart of the thermonuclear inferno, a consciousness strives to prevent the end of the planet--a consciousness reborn as The Man of the Atom.
A battle for the championship of the universe, a double death, AND the conclusion of Solar's origin?!? I'm excited :thumb:

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

Seriously? Why are they still soliciting these if they are so far behind?

Did we find out that the books are indeed done?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

400yrs wrote:Seriously? Why are they still soliciting these if they are so far behind?

according to Previews Magnus 3 and Samson 2 are shipping next week, followed by Magnus 4 and Solar 5 the week after. We'll see if it actually happens...

orbitalshift

Post by orbitalshift »

400yrs wrote:Seriously? Why are they still soliciting these if they are so far behind?

It seems to me, Dark Horse isn't concerned with the solicitation dates being accurate. They seem to be using them more as a general road map, and less a specific target to be met. I would love for Magnus 4 to come out a week after Magnus 3, but the chances of that are pretty much nil.

I've given up on looking forward to a specific date for these books, rather I just watch for the preview pages to show up and know they will hit the stands a few weeks later.

I'm looking for Turok 2 preview pages to hit at the end of February if its going to come out in March.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

I guess the folks buying the books will pick them up regardless of the lateness etc, so they can take their time and get them right and not worry about *SQUEE* people off and losing readers.

400yrs
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

Draco wrote:I guess the folks buying the books will pick them up regardless of the lateness etc, so they can take their time and get them right and not worry about *SQUEE* people off and losing readers.
I agree with part of that. The people who want these are going to buy them, but it's the marginal buyer that will say hell no to it due to the ship dates. Print numbers will decrease, interest dies and the book goes bye-bye after a while.

Hell, I still have books on pre-order from 6+ months ago for the 2 books that are supposedly coming out next week. I'm trying to cancel those. You can bet there are others like me that will get the next issue or so because they've been pre-ordered online or in a shop, but don't really want them anymore.

Actually, it looks like they just removed those 3 books I had pre-ordered. Yes! I love DCBservice! :banana:

UnknownTales
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 2005
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Smith
Re: May Solicitations

Post by UnknownTales »

Kool connection!

orbitalshift wrote:DOCTOR SOLAR, MAN OF THE ATOM #8

Written by Jim Shooter, art by Roger Robinson and Agustin Alessio, colored by Alessio and Wes Dzioba, cover by Michael Komarck.

It's Doctor Solar, Master of the Unified Field, versus Mindbender, Master of Matter, for the championship of the universe. But how much of the universe will be left in their wake? And witness the spectacular double death of Tanek Nuro. Plus, in the conclusion of Solar's origin epic, a man-made sun lays waste to the world by fire. In the heart of the thermonuclear inferno, a consciousness strives to prevent the end of the planet--a consciousness reborn as The Man of the Atom.

32 pages, $3.50, in stores on May 4.

TUROK, SON OF STONE #5

Written by Jim Shooter, art by Eduardo Francisco, colored by Jose Villarrubia, cover by Raymond Swanland.

In a lost land ruled by thunder lizards, Native Americans Turok and Andar face dangers beyond time and imagination. In the service of Tech Lord Tinker, Turok leads an odd squad of castaway commandos on an invasion of the safehold of the Amazons. Their objective: a girdle made of ytterbium steel. Amazons are not easy marks--especially Phalanx, the daughter of a renowned twenty seventh-century champion.

32 pages, $3.50, in stores on May 18.

Looks like the connections are starting to show. Also looks like the lost land has some Twi'leks?

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

wow some pretty cool covers