Ron Marz v Bluewater

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
Ron Marz v Bluewater

Post by ian_house »

Pretty entertaining stuff. Bluewater showing how classy they are once again:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/03/29/fi ... nt-page-1/

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Is that your comment at the bottom? Comparing them to Dynamic Forces is brilliant. :thumb:

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

*SQUEE* me that Justin Beaver gets every *SQUEE* where

:wink:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Marz makes a lot of good points and none of them register to Bluewater.

What total tools. I think I am comfortable boycotting Bluewater for a while. Or at least having that as an excuse why I don't bother buying any of their crap.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Chiclo wrote:Marz makes a lot of good points and none of them register to Bluewater.

What total tools. I think I am comfortable boycotting Bluewater for a while. Or at least having that as an excuse why I don't bother buying any of their crap.
Yeah, never had any interest in buying any of their crap in the first place.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Drift wrote:Is that your comment at the bottom? Comparing them to Dynamic Forces is brilliant. :thumb:
It is. After insulting Markosia on the weekend I thought I might as well chuck DF into the pot.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

I've only followed Legend of Isis (which I've got a fairly encompassing collection of), but that was because I came upon a bunch of them at a decent deal and the artwork was catchy with it's Maduira (sp?) styling.

Beyond that, I never really understood how a dink company like Blue Water actually managed to stay relevant without actually growing any larger.

Draco

Post by Draco »

IMJ wrote:I've only followed Legend of Isis (which I've got a fairly encompassing collection of), but that was because I came upon a bunch of them at a decent deal and the artwork was catchy with it's Maduira (sp?) styling.

Beyond that, I never really understood how a dink company like Blue Water actually managed to stay relevant without actually growing any larger.
They have had a few characters spanning more than one publisher name, but when they fail, they just start a new company, which im guessing is why a few pros are *SQUEE* at them still.
Its all good and well saying 'oh but that was such and such company', but if you owned them, failed started again in the same industry and expect people to let that go, then think again.

Im a Blue Water completist through & through, but only because i know they will be a DU at some point and i want a head start.
Drift kindly scored me 'Bo Obama' yes you heard right, in a small slightly larger than digest Sq bound comic, which funnily enough had a cover price of i think $6.99 ( though Drift will no doubt correct me if needed on that).
These people are scary in terms of appaling ideas from nothing, to some ok light hearted bad girl books.
Im pretty sure the connection is more than just taking a few Alias titles like Isis and Judo Girl, but someone else will have to chip in here, im losing the will to live just typing this much about them :wink:

I have them on my facebook page too. Win !!

:thumb:

Draco

Post by Draco »

Oh the 'Bo Obama' comic i think Drift paid 10p for, so dont be scrared by the talk of $6.99

:thumb:

superggraphics
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by superggraphics »

I've just signed a contract with Bluewater to work as lead letterer on a new line of superhero books based on mythological characters. I can't say much about it just yet but the line is called Wave. I've posted the house ad from Logan's Run Last Day 06 (out this week). As far as Bluewater's treatment of their creators, they are very upfront with you as far as what you can expect from them in terms of payment, etc. I have absolutely no problems with the terms of my contract with them and I am excited to be working on this new line of books. The artwork and writing is awesome and will be unlike anything you've ever seen from them before in terms of quality. I'll share more as I'm allowed.

George E Warner
superggraphics
Last edited by superggraphics on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

superggraphics wrote: As far as Bluewater's treatment of their creators, they are very upfront with you as far as what you can expect from them in terms of payment, etc. I have absolutely no problems with the terms of my contract with them and I am excited to be working on this new line of books.

George E Warner
superggraphics
I have no personal experiences with them in this regard, but it seems to me (from what we've been reading) that the problem isn't Blue Water begin upfront about payment, but rather them actually paying.

Again, I'm only an observer here, but I'm just sayin'...

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

IMJ wrote:I've only followed Legend of Isis (which I've got a fairly encompassing collection of), but that was because I came upon a bunch of them at a decent deal and the artwork was catchy with it's Maduira (sp?) styling.

The MAJOR reason as too why Bluewater is still around has more to do with their bio comics on politicians and celebrities which gains them a lot of mainstream press.

I love Marz's last tweat at being followed Bieber bots! That is priceless! :lol: :lol: