Future Comics question

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

JCVaughn
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Future Comics question

Post by JCVaughn »

Do any of you have cover scans of the Future Comics ashcans?

Prelate1
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Prelate1 »

Here are the ones I have

Future Comics Ashcan

Peacekeeper #1 Ashcan

Freemind #8 Ashcan

I'm still looking for the Metallix #7 Ashcan...

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

I'm looking for the Metallix #7 Ashcan as well,its pretty tough to find.

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

Bob: One of the things I wanted to ask you is about is the last issue of Metallix that never saw print. As I mentioned previously, issue #7, which was only printed as an ashcan

http://www.boblayton.com/Archive/Octobe ... toct07.htm

Available for digital download

http://www.boblayton.com/Archive/Octobe ... xpart1.htm

JCVaughn

Post by JCVaughn »

Thanks, guys!

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

They sure are purty :)

I do not own a single copy of a FC ashcan.
Not sure how many of you guys were bidding on the last big batch of FC items on ebay, but all i grabbed was a page of OA for knightt that looked awesome, but was outbid on all the other lots including the ashcans :/

Much like all HTF books, i will no doubt hope to fall over them at a show one day in the UK, but some of these smaller DU items like FC ashcans are unlikely to ever turn up in the UK let alone in cheap bins.

The waiting game is nevertheless still fun.

:thumb:

JCVaughn

Post by JCVaughn »

Draco wrote:They sure are purty :)

Not sure how many of you guys were bidding on the last big batch of FC items on ebay, but all i grabbed was a page of OA for knightt that looked awesome, but was outbid on all the other lots including the ashcans :/

Much like all HTF books, i will no doubt hope to fall over them at a show one day in the UK, but some of these smaller DU items like FC ashcans are unlikely to ever turn up in the UK let alone in cheap bins.

Where do these ashcans usually come in price-wise, Draco? I think I have the full Future Comics set except them now. On the other hand, other than the two books I picked up recently I was apparently this close for years and it didn't bother me...

:roll:

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

JC if you are going crazy completist on Future Comics, don't forget to pick up a bag of UtraPro comic bags with FC art on the label.

Draco

Post by Draco »

JCVaughn wrote:

Where do these ashcans usually come in price-wise, Draco? I think I have the full Future Comics set except them now. On the other hand, other than the two books I picked up recently I was apparently this close for years and it didn't bother me...

That is hard question dude, for me im happy to pay $10+ each as even though im really a 50p bin man, i know when im beaten.
I just picked up a convention Ultraverse ashcan and paid $10 so these maybe even $15-20.
The lots that i last bid on were not killer end prices on ebay, but i was quite low on funds and has to stop bidding, which hurt on one as i was 20c outbid :/

Overall though im unsure how to price these. hopefully someone else will have an idea of what they should be.

Once i get further into my DU checklists i will start some priceguides to go with them.

JCVaughn

Post by JCVaughn »

Drift wrote:JC if you are going crazy completist on Future Comics, don't forget to pick up a bag of UtraPro comic bags with FC art on the label.
The hysterical thing about that is that those are the bags I get for my current stuff...

:D

JCVaughn

Post by JCVaughn »

Draco wrote:
JCVaughn wrote:

That is hard question dude, for me im happy to pay $10+ each as even though im really a 50p bin man, i know when im beaten.
I just picked up a convention Ultraverse ashcan and paid $10 so these maybe even $15-20.
The lots that i last bid on were not killer end prices on ebay, but i was quite low on funds and has to stop bidding, which hurt on one as i was 20c outbid :/

Overall though im unsure how to price these. hopefully someone else will have an idea of what they should be.

Once i get further into my DU checklists i will start some priceguides to go with them.

Thanks, Draco. I'm off to the gym, but would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on current market prices for the ashcans?

Any recent sales any of you could point me to would be appreciated, so I can gather the data for the Guide.

JCVaughn

Post by JCVaughn »

Gents - thanks for your help on this.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/publi ... &ai=108690

Never heard back from Bob, but did a short article on Freemind anyway. It's posted on Scoop now and will be in this Friday's email.

Draco

Post by Draco »

JCVaughn wrote:Gents - thanks for your help on this.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/publi ... &ai=108690

Never heard back from Bob, but did a short article on Freemind anyway. It's posted on Scoop now and will be in this Friday's email.
Always nice to see a small article about quality books, publishers like Future Comics.