What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Knightt wrote:You are in for a real treat.

The DLC for ME2 is well worth the money and the last DLC installment was delivered to us just this week (or was it last week?).
That's good to hear. Can you play it after the main game is finished? That was one of the disappointing things about the DLC for ME1. I bought the Plat edition, so it came with the everything preloaded. After I completed the last battle for the Citadel, the game rolls the credits and the only thing I can do is play the final part over again. I went to activate 'Bring Down the Sky' and it told me to warp to some planet while using my galaxy map on the Normandy. Unfortunately, all of my save points are off world stuff where I don't have access to the ship. I guess I'll just have to start the game over again at some point in order to use the DLC.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Knight caught me playing Lego Star Wars last night ... I tried explaining to him that Lego is for badasses.

He's right about ME2 ... one of the best gaming experiences ever. Can't wait for the third one.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

depluto wrote:Knight caught me playing Lego Star Wars last night ... I tried explaining to him that Lego is for badasses.
Hahaha....you tell him!

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Playing ME2 right now and I have to say, this is how to do a sequel. The shooter aspect is right up there with other top games now. The use of cover and better use of weapons really make this game work. The graphics and scenery are amazing and once again the story is riveting. I was a bit shocked with the opening scene, especially after all that had happened in ME1. Everything seemed to get turned upside down all at once. I was a little disappointed at first, but I see the direction they are going with it now, so it makes more sense.

Some of the super tiny side quest missions are annoying and almost end as soon as they start. I would rather have fewer quests and more substantial content to them, to tell you the truth. There are way too many missions that are obvious filler and I hope they don't carry that over to the next installment.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Finished up ME2 last night. You can tell they really listened to the fans with the improvements they made. The planet scanning is a vast improvement over the old way of driving around in the Mako. The only problem is there is way too much of it. They have a tendency to go overboard and I ended up with more mineral points than I would have needed for 6 more playthroughs.

Another minor complaint is the way you have to solve the crew conflicts. I'm pretty sure I did everything I was supposed to and still had a problem getting the right dialogue to highlight to stop some of the fights. I eventually found a way to resolve them except for one and she ended up dying on the last mission because I lost her loyalty. From what I've been reading on this, it's a pretty common issue with other players too.

Played all of the DLC content and Shadow Broker is easily the best of the lot. Overlord and Arrival are both decent, but a tad shorter. My game came with the Cerberus package, so I got the bounty hunter Zaeed and the other goodies that came along with it. Not sure if I would recommend spending the 1200 Microsoft points to get it if you don't have it though. The Kasumi DLC mission is very short, but you get another team member to use so if you buy it early you can get the most out of it.

D_N_G
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by D_N_G »

ME2 was awesome, finished it earlier this year, I still need to DL the Arrival DLC, but I did the other 3.

Played/Finished these in recent times:

Homefront
Crysis 2
MVC3
Enslaved

Also a bunch of great gaming week this week!

Portal 2
Mortal Kombat 9
Gears of War 3 Beta!

also nabbed Splosion Man off XBLA, really cool physics based platformer, give the demo a shot if you have a few minutes to spare :thumb:

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

D_N_G wrote:ME2 was awesome, finished it earlier this year, I still need to DL the Arrival DLC, but I did the other 3.
After reading some of the reviews for Arrival, I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised after playing it. Also, the ending sets up part of the story arc for ME3.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
D_N_G wrote:ME2 was awesome, finished it earlier this year, I still need to DL the Arrival DLC, but I did the other 3.
After reading some of the reviews for Arrival, I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised after playing it. Also, the ending sets up part of the story arc for ME3.
I will be trying to work through a bit of ME2 this weekend if I get a break in the action around the house. You sure blazed through this, bud !!

I messed around (too long) on the Gears of War 3 beta last night. It is pretty entertaining. I like how there are unlockables within the game along with the progressive ranking system.

I am pretty sure that I am on the last mission in Homefront and along fairly well in Crysis 2. Not sure if I am burnt on gaming right now or what.

It has been a REALLY long week... I think some comic reading is in order instead of gaming.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Knightt wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
I will be trying to work through a bit of ME2 this weekend if I get a break in the action around the house. You sure blazed through this, bud !!
I'm on a second run now. I was disappointed with the ending I got, so I'm going to try things a little different this time around. A word of advice below, if you want to save the entire crew (not just your team). I really wish I would have been aware of this the first time around.

Highlight text if you wish to see.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Do not go after the reaper iff until you have completed everything else. Also, wake up your newest team member as soon as you are back on the ship (after getting the iff). Keep talking to him until you get him to reveal the location of his loyalty mission. Go there immediately and the rest should fall into place. The only other obstacle you face is whether you can unlock the paragon/renegade dialogue for the upcoming argument. It's the only way to resolve the conflict and have both members remain loyal (and thus not die in the end).

jridd28
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by jridd28 »

Running through Mortal Kombat right now!!! I love this game!!! They did such a good job with it!!!! :atomic:

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

jridd28 wrote:Running through Mortal Kombat right now!!! I love this game!!! They did such a good job with it!!!! :atomic:
It's getting pretty good reviews so far.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
jridd28 wrote:Running through Mortal Kombat right now!!! I love this game!!! They did such a good job with it!!!! :atomic:
It's getting pretty good reviews so far.
Still ain't gonna buy it... a fight game is a fight game. (to 'me')

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Finally a smart game move on my part. I RENTED Thor before contemplating the purchase (I even had a credit bringing my rental down to
$4 for a week). Having been burnt on Marvel games made by Sega before... I deftly avoided it again as Thor is FAR under par. While better than Iron Man 2 it is one of THE most confusing games to grace my 360. The game manual is non existent with only a gamepad diagram and a half page of nonsensical writing and the rest of the four page booklet of the same 'directions' in another language.

The story is pathetic, the graphics are a few Gen ago and there seems to be about 400 collectibles in the game that also have no rhyme or reasons to them.

When this gets down to the $10 range in about two weeks, I might pick it up. I am needing some cool Marvel drink coasters.

After playing this game, it leaves me with NO HOPE that next months Captain America will even close to good.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Glad your learning not to trust Sega without trying first :thumb:

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

MORTALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL KOMMMMMMMMMMBAT

FIGHT

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Star Wars Lego the complete saga. Sweet!

Kino
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by Kino »

I've been playing Mortal Kombat and Gears of War 3 beta lately. I sooo look forward to Gears of War 3!

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

How's the beta version?

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

how much cooler can gears get

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

Elveen wrote:Star Wars Lego the complete saga. Sweet!
Is this including the Clone Wars? I need to go pick this up.

Portal 2 for me, looking for a multiplayer partner.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Daniel Jackson wrote:How's the beta version?
Meh... Entertaining. I went ahead and Pre-ordered it on good faith that GoW3 will be as good as the first two. They did not disappoint me at all and I am banking on things that the next installment will not disappoint either.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Today I picked up Army of Two: 40th Day and Bioshock 2 for $4.50 each no tax new still in package. So, I will be playing those this weekend.

Plus just powered up the new computer (self built):

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 920 Processor 2.8 GHz but easily overlocked to 3.8 GHz stable)
RAM: 4 GB G.SKILL PI SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB
Hard Drive: Seagate 1 Terabyte (7,200 rpm)
Mother Board: MSI 785GTM-E-45 (HDMI Out) (support up to 12 GB RAM... someday, hehehe)
8 USB Ports
DVD/CD-ROM: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-212D (Dual Layer)
New N WiFi router
New WiFi range extender
Super quiet, super cool temp...

So, I will be playing Starcraft 2 here soon and can't wait until Diablo III comes out.

I will not be playing too many games on here as I don't want to clog things up and an Xbox 360 and a paperweight of a PS3 is more than enough to keep me occupied but it feels VERY nice to be 'kind of' running a newer/nice system.

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

I've been playing the hell out of Mega Man Anniversary Collection, which I picked up at Goodwill for two bucks. :thumb:

mrknapp33

Post by mrknapp33 »

Playing LA Noire. Unfortunately, I can only play after 10 PM (kids and wife in bed). You REALLY need to pay attention to dialogue and body language, which is hard to do when half-asleep. I have finished about 8 or 9 cases, as well as 9 side-quests (stopping crimes as they happen). My impression so far is that it is a unique game that requires patience and persistence. Most gamers I know want FPS's with little thought-processes, so this might not sell that well.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

mario galaxy 2

1 word Epic