What comics are you reading now?

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

Chiclo wrote: Do I remember Valeria as a teenager at some point?

Is her last name Richards? I remember her being called Valeria von Doom at some point.

How old is she in the comic?
She was a teen when she first appeared - and it was suggested that she was the daughter of Sue & Doom. That's why she was Valeria von Doom. But, then something happened that reduced her to a fetus and implanted her within Sue's womb.

Now, she's a toddler ... a super-smart toddler.

Eternalwarrior68
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: v1 X-O / v3 Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by Eternalwarrior68 »

Currently reading two mini series : Long shot and Iceman =) also started reading the sword. good stuff

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

Started reading Sojurun last night (which is the first Crossgen comic I have ever read) and really enojed the first couple of issues. The art is top notch and I am enjoying the story.

I was wondering if you guys had a recommended reading order for all of the Crossgen books?

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

I read Crossgen by title. It's a shared universe but most of the stories have almost no relation to other titles. It's like reading Batman and Superman through the 50-70s. Same universe, but hey, read it however you want.

Sojourn is just great.

hulk181man
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis

Post by hulk181man »

Eternalwarrior68 wrote:Currently reading two mini series : Long shot and Iceman =) also started reading the sword. good stuff
Art Adams Longshot? Wow...how long ago was that. Great series...btw

Eternalwarrior68
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: v1 X-O / v3 Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by Eternalwarrior68 »

hulk181man wrote:
Eternalwarrior68 wrote:Currently reading two mini series : Long shot and Iceman =) also started reading the sword. good stuff
Art Adams Longshot? Wow...how long ago was that. Great series...btw
yep, Art Adams September 1985 :o I'm showing my age again lol!

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man 1-5. This says "all ages" on the cover. It's not quite geared to the young-ins like Tiny Titans, but this is good clean Spidey fun. Pete Parker has a girlfriend named Chat who can talk to animals. It's a good little read.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

True Story Swear To God archive vol 1.

I think a few guys here mentioned this book..... maybe Draco... geocarr..... caxiotis.... Can't remember, but thanks!

Awesome book. If you like slice of life type of books, this one is well worth the $19.99 retail price for 500+ pages.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Chew # 27. Yep, 27 instead of 19. Another bit of pure awesome from the Chew crew.

War of the Green Lanterns # 7-9: wow. Sad.

caxiotis
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

xodacia81 wrote:War of the Green Lanterns # 7-9: wow. Sad.
Sad because its bad or because of what's happening in the story? I have read any of the war of the green lanterns yet

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

jedimarley wrote:The Mighty Thor Omnibus, Vol. 1
Thor Omnibus by Walter Simonson
Thor Omnibus by J. Michael Straczynski

Just recived these today from amazon. I'll be starting these tonight. Never read Thor, but after seeing the movie (twice with my son) I'm intrigued. :thumb:
You're in for some great reading with Simonson and even with JMS ... not sure what's in the mighty thor omnibus 1, though. Is that Lee & Kirby stuff?
Last edited by Doorman on Sat May 28, 2011 9:47:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

400yrs wrote:Marvel Adventures Spider-Man 1-5. This says "all ages" on the cover. It's not quite geared to the young-ins like Tiny Titans, but this is good clean Spidey fun. Pete Parker has a girlfriend named Chat who can talk to animals. It's a good little read.
In my experience, the recent "all ages" books have been loads of fun!

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

400yrs wrote:True Story Swear To God archive vol 1.

I think a few guys here mentioned this book..... maybe Draco... geocarr..... caxiotis.... Can't remember, but thanks!

Awesome book. If you like slice of life type of books, this one is well worth the $19.99 retail price for 500+ pages.
excellent book! it wonderfully illustrates the fact that comics books are a medium that can handle romance just as well as super-heroics.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

caxiotis wrote:
Sad because its bad or because of what's happening in the story? I have read any of the war of the green lanterns yet
Because of what's happening in the story. It's been a good storyline, I think, but the piece they just removed from Green Lantern? Holy crap.

OmenSpirits.com

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

The death of superman & the world without superman are really good reads.

I just ordered the return of superman.

Forget that it was a ploy, it was a story about loss & in telling that, it was very successful.

I didn't care for supes then, and still don't now, but the story is good. :thumb:

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

xodacia81 wrote:
caxiotis wrote:
Because of what's happening in the story. It's been a good storyline, I think, but the piece they just removed from Green Lantern? Holy crap.
Agreed, will come back at a sane hour to chat about this. I will say I've really enjoyed it up to now and hope it doesn't cripple John Stewart's character.

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by vikingspawn »

ian_house wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
caxiotis wrote:
Agreed, will come back at a sane hour to chat about this. I will say I've really enjoyed it up to now and hope it doesn't cripple John Stewart's character.
Just read the three issues now and I remember Geoff Johns did a similar thing to Kyle Raynor during Blackest Night...and then the next issue he returned...

:hm:

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

vikingspawn wrote:
ian_house wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
caxiotis wrote:
Just read the three issues now and I remember Geoff Johns did a similar thing to Kyle Raynor during Blackest Night...and then the next issue he returned...

GJ mentioned a longterm character would leave the mythos forever and I wonder if it's this one. If not, then my choices are, in order of most to least possible: Krona, John, Ganthet, Kyle or Sinestro.

vikingspawn

Post by vikingspawn »

xodacia81 wrote:
vikingspawn wrote:
ian_house wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
caxiotis wrote:

GJ mentioned a longterm character would leave the mythos forever and I wonder if it's this one. If not, then my choices are, in order of most to least possible: Krona, John, Ganthet, Kyle or Sinestro.
yikes....I hope it's John Stewart. I find him to be the most annoying Lantern since Cosmic Odyssey.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

vikingspawn wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
vikingspawn wrote:
ian_house wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
caxiotis wrote: Sad because its bad or because of what's happening in the story? I have read any of the war of the green lanterns yet

yikes....I hope it's John Stewart. I find him to be the most annoying Lantern since Cosmic Odyssey.
Even more than G'nort or Ch'p?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Doorman wrote:
400yrs wrote:Marvel Adventures Spider-Man 1-5. This says "all ages" on the cover. It's not quite geared to the young-ins like Tiny Titans, but this is good clean Spidey fun. Pete Parker has a girlfriend named Chat who can talk to animals. It's a good little read.
I have always enjoyed the ones I have picked up but I don't pick up many.

Probably the best I have read had a story where Hawkeye signs up for a dating website (called Leap of Love) and it turns out to be run by Batroc the Leaper. Batroc then blackmails all the male Avengers into going out on dates.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

Chiclo wrote:
Doorman wrote:

Probably the best I have read had a story where Hawkeye signs up for a dating website (called Leap of Love) and it turns out to be run by Batroc the Leaper. Batroc then blackmails all the male Avengers into going out on dates.
Well that sounds awesome. Do you know what book that is?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

400yrs wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Doorman wrote:

Well that sounds awesome. Do you know what book that is?
Marvel Adventures Avengers 35

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

hahahaha man! those "all ages" books have the most fun, whackiest concepts, don't they?

the Spidey & the Secret Wars and the Dr Doom & Masters of Evil "all ages" mini series were a blast. if you see those two series, don't hesitate to pick them up.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

I just got through reading X-Factor #208-219 and all I can is wow. This is the BEST MARVEL COMIC CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET! It's smart, funny, thought-provoking, and very exciting.