Operation Big Push 2011 Special Gift Toy Drive

Board member driven topics. Participation is completely voluntary.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Operation Big Push 2011 Special Gift Toy Drive

Post by Knightt »

Ok men, I have a mission and I need your help. Having been in contact with Byrneout, I asked him for a SITREP (Situation Report) on the 2011 Special Gift Toy Drive. I did not recieve the kind of news that I hoped that I would hear. So, when faced with adversity we come together as a team and fight the good fight and normally we give our best... I am personally and respectfully asking everyone to not give their best but rather to give what it takes. We have gotten behind this yearly fund raising event for kids in need during the holiday season in the past and I am asking you to get behind it again. If we do not step up right now, this fund raiser will not meet mission success parameters. This has never happened before on this board so here is what I set before you, my fellow board members:

Please go here to obtain some intel on the current and previous missions... viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know that times are TOUGH this year just like many others and it is reflected in this years fund raiser for the kids, so I propose that we initiate Operation Big Push 2011 and raise money so that Ric AKA Byrneout can make a few kids who are suffering right now during the Holiday Season, kids that are hurtin' with emotional and physical pain forget about that pain for even just a short while during Christmas. Please join me in donating to this fund raiser and men, we need a Big Push at this point because the time in which Ric was wanting to stop fund raising is 20 December and right now, I don't know if Ric is going to be able to meet the goal this year. The numbers are just not there right now, so again we need a Big Push.

I will personally match any amount for up to a total of $500. I hope that this will provide a small incentive or even that small bit of momentum we need to really get this operation up and running. You can view all the details in the link above or simply donate direct to ric@ricbyrne.com

Please donate what you can so that ValiantFans can make a difference AGAIN in the lives of children this year. I feel that with the new Valiant comics that are coming out next year, we have plenty to be thankful for and how fantastic would it be if we could express that thankfulness in the form of helping those less fortunate than us.

Again, I will personally match any amount for up to a total of $500.

Thank you for your time and consideration to donating to Operation Big Push 2011.

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!
Re: Operation Big Push 2011 Special Gift Toy Drive

Post by comicsyte95 »

Donation sent! :thumb:
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

comicsyte95 wrote:Donation sent! :thumb:
Same here! :clap:

Come on guys... if you've got a minute and a few extra dollars for the kids... why not?
Special Gift Toy Drive 2011 - PayPal to ric@ricbyrne.com

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Outstanding, thank you for the lighting-like reaction, men !

SHOCK AND AWE !!

We have 'Boots on the Ground' within the OBJ (Ojective) and they are already engaged in Direct Action against what appears to be an element of-what used to be-considerable size. In an impressive enveloping maneuver, an element of the 75th Ranger Regiment along with a small team of Special Forces operators have taken positive control of an airport in the country of Asscrackhistan. Early reports indicates enemy strength currently at 3%, down from the initially estimated 94%. More Valiant firepower is being flown into the renamed airport of XO Manowar International where they are then expected to regroup and conduct further combat operations within the country.

More SITREPs to follow as we recieve them from the J2 (intel) as Operation Big Push 2011 kicks off, making a Valiant attempt to end tyranny, pain, and sadness at the Shriners Burns Institute Hospital this year during Christmas.

By the look of determination and compassion of the troops already on the ground and the hopeful hourly influx of more in this operation, enemy forces will be HARD PRESSED to resist.

Thank you.

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

First off, my appreciation to everyone involved in this "operation". This is an above and beyond scenario!

That said, don't forget that this offer is still in play: Donor Raffle

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Outstanding Ric. Thanks for offering this in addition to the already great things that you do !!!

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

Ric, you have paypal!

Glad I could help out.
I am selling "nothing" on ebay-yet.

hulk181man
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis

Post by hulk181man »

I'm cash poor at the moment but was planning to auction my CF VfVSS projects for charity anyway. Perhaps I can sell them here to contribute.

Here are 2 projects that Knightt put together, with his blessing I'm prepared to sell them with the buyer donating to the Toy Drive. Chris, it's up to you if you'd like 100% of proceeds to go to the toy drive or 50/50 going to CF and the toy drive. Your call bro :thumb:

Below are generic pics, for more info. on these projects please click here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, I have the Psi-lords Gold/Bloodshot Gold project # 35 (with all extras):

&

The Ninjak project # 22 of 50 with orignal art sketch card of X-O Manowar by Charles Yoakum:

How about either selling these for $200-$250 each or taking bids through Tuesday Dec. 20th in time for Byrneout's fundraiser deadline?
"Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts...?"

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

I've been MIA from the board but I'd like to throw a few items out in hopes of snagging some $$$ for a great cause. I'll list the following items in the Buy/sell/trade section.

Playing God Hardcover #1 of 45. Amazing original art by Stu on the credits page of the E.C. finally getting his hands on the coward in the red suit.

Playing God softcover #1 of 70. More head sketches by Mr. Berryhill than Joe Pesci could fit in a duffel bag

Playing God softcover #? it's not numbered, not signed and not remarked. for those of us who can't afford the big guns above.

Valiant Zombies blue. Last copy that I have to let go of.

Solar 10 extra book. I thought these were all gone but I stumbled across this one while searching for the PG books tonight.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

hulk181man wrote:Here are 2 projects that Knightt put together, with his blessing I'm prepared to sell them with the buyer donating to the Toy Drive. Chris, it's up to you if you'd like 100% of proceeds to go to the toy drive or 50/50 going to CF and the toy drive.
Dave, I am 100% committed to Ric's cause at the moment. It is fine by me to go ahead with 100% going to Ric's toy drive. The Alyssa books served their purpose many years ago and if they are able to raise money for a sister cause... then I am more than good with that.

At a time when people are strapped for cash (and believe me, I thought long and hard on how to approach this especially at this time of year), I am greatly humbled at the fact that we still drive ahead and do what we can.

THANK YOU Mark, Dave, and Craig for doing what you have... you guys rock !!!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Wow, things are REALLY kicking off VERY nicely and I want to say THANK YOU for the donations and auctions that we have seen so far. Communicating back and forth between Ric and myself, I expressed concern and even hesitation on my part about asking for help during this time of year. With the bad economy, job market the way it is AND being Christmas it is a difficult time across the board (no pun intended) yet here we are fighting our way through stiff opposition, not with fancy hardware and technology but old fashioned grit and determination. We are getting out of our foxholes, fixing bayonets and engaging the enemy this weekend to great success.

I will try to get a few SITREPs together here shortly. For action on another front please look here:

viewforum.php?f=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the buy/sell/trade section where dellamorte and hulkman181 are conducting special ops in one man teams to fix and destroy enemy formations in another Area of Operations (AO). !!!

OUTSTANDING

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Fresh funds! Roll the tote board!
:hm:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

THANKS Bill !!! Man, our OPTEMPO is starting to maximize the combat effectiveness of this Operation and right now... we are in the pipe 5 by 5 !!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE involved at this point, I can't tell you how glad I am that we are able to do this but even more-so, how humbling it is to be surrounded by so many better than myself and to have been friends with you all these years. I know we do great things on this message board but it never ceases to amaze me.

We are doing a great job and if you have read this and can help, we have mission slots for ya !!!

I hope to be able to give a BUB* here pretty soon.

* Battle Update Brief

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Ric... where are we at on this, brother ?

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

Mission Success!

(In other words, you guys just cost Knightt $500 - not counting the auction totals yet, either! AMAZING!)

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

Byrneout wrote:Mission Success!

(In other words, you guys just cost Knightt $500 - not counting the auction totals yet, either! AMAZING!)
:clap:
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Byrneout wrote:Mission Success!

Promised donation for the kids sent.

:oops:

Ric, you and the troops on this message board humble me in every regard. I am so glad to be a part of the toy drive again this year.

THANK YOU for the returning and new benefactors. Without you the board would not have been able to provide as much for the kids this year.

Ric, my Warrior Brother.... What else can we do now ? So are you saying we are at $1,000 plus incoming auction totals ? If so, do we have a WAG* yet ?

* Wild @ZZ Guess

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...

Post by Byrneout »

Yes, we are at $1000 plus auction totals! Add this in to my personal contribution and we're cooking with gas!

One of the plans for this year was to grab the Kinect to go with the XBox 360 we purchased for them a few years back, along with a game or two. I can hardly wait to put together the delivery pictures for this year!

mrwoogieman

Post by mrwoogieman »

Glad to hear Op:BP was successful! :clap:
:hm:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

So far we have raised $1360 !!!

I am not sure if there is any more due to come in at this point or later but this is a damn fine amount everyone !!!

THANK YOU !!!!