Stuff for sale!

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Stuff for sale!

Post by depluto »

Not from me, *SQUEE*! If you see me selling my Valiants you'll know there's something wrong.

I'm just bugged by all the people registering on this site just to try and sell their stuff. I guess that's what this forum is for, but it still irks my craw to have people coming here and selling *SQUEE* to people who already have six of everything.

Speculators making a buck off these comics are the same kind of people who *SQUEE* everything up in the first place.

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

I agree. Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to. It's happening a lot more frequently now. :|
ASM Crossover Home

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

Knightt_333 wrote:
I miss it... yeah I know I am doing the fund raiser right now but still miss talking about the magic of the books.
Now we talk about the magic in the bedroom instead. BTW, it was magical tonight. :thumb:
ASM Crossover Home

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

No boom boom for me ... I hope that had nothing to do with watching the last DVD from Season 1 of Deadwood.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

Knightt_333 wrote:Let me work on this end her in about 10 mikes and I will see if I can do some magic of my own.....

Knightt: 'thumbs up, let's do this... LEEEERRROOOOOOOYYYYYYYY JEEEENNNNNKKKKIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSS !!!'

Knightt's Wife: 'Oh my God... he just ran in.'
:lol:
ASM Crossover Home

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

I hope you cast Divine Intervention on your mages first!

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

depluto wrote:No boom boom for me ... I hope that had nothing to do with watching the last DVD from Season 1 of Deadwood.
ED problems again or did you really buy that set?

Are there any decent extras on the set (the dvds not the jewels)? I need to rent that thing cause it costs too damn much. :twisted:
ASM Crossover Home

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

400yrs wrote:Are there any decent extras on the set (the dvds not the jewels)? I need to rent that thing cause it costs too damn much. :twisted:
I've been renting them from Wayne's World. What a great series! There's a disc with some extras but I haven't watched it yet. Out of 12 episodes on Season 1 I'd say at least 10 were out-*SQUEE*-standing.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

depluto wrote:
400yrs wrote:Are there any decent extras on the set (the dvds not the jewels)? I need to rent that thing cause it costs too damn much. :twisted:
I've been renting them from Wayne's World. What a great series! There's a disc with some extras but I haven't watched it yet. Out of 12 episodes on Season 1 I'd say at least 10 were out-*SKREE*-standing.
Absolutely!! Season 1 was pretty much back to back action/problems. It was very well written and the actors were a hell of a lot better than usual TV shows. Season 2 was a little disappointing aside from the first 2 episodes, but good nonetheless.

I think the writers will kick it back up a little for season 3 and hopefully cut back on the vernacular which I thought was a little over the top this season.
ASM Crossover Home

CJAotssE
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Guilty as charged

Post by CJAotssE »

The thread seems to have taken a different slant, but to return to the original post, I am guilty as charged in that I found the site because I was looking to generate interest in the Acclaim comics I have to sell.

It's a while since I read them but I do like them, it's just that time doesn't allow to collect everything, and I am first and foremost a Marvel addict, have been since '63.

I probably have around 40 Acclaim issues at most and hopefully the folk on these boards can give them a better home than I can. If they fill a gap in your runs, I'll be really pleased to have helped, if you all have them already never mind, I'll keep them and who knows maybe one day I become an Acclaim/Valiant buyer.

From what I have seen I like this site, you guys are having fun.

Best wishes,

Peter.

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Re: Stuff for sale!

Post by GGSAE »

depluto wrote:Not from me, *SQUEE*! If you see me selling my Valiants you'll know there's something wrong.

I'm just bugged by all the people registering on this site just to try and sell their stuff. I guess that's what this forum is for, but it still irks my craw to have people coming here and selling *SKREE* to people who already have six of everything.

Speculators making a buck off these comics are the same kind of people who *SKREE* everything up in the first place.
That's a good point, however this community for the most part is THE market exchange for valiants. A lot of the prices are maintained in a stable range by the regulars here that have mulitple of everything.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

Secondly, I'd also like to add that when i first came it it was with the intention of appraising value on some of my books as i'm cleaning out all my collectables from yrs past....and look what's happened, i've gone hog-wild buying variants,pre-unity and even acclaim books. It's not so much the sellers who come here - go to your audience, it's the flippers that buy books with just the intention of reselling asap that *SQUEE* me off.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Those are good points from both you guys. The buyers are equally at fault with sellers when it comes to the kind of speculation that helped lead to the bubble.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

I signed up here to be a participant of these boards, as well as try to sell my Valiants. I am no dealer, all my issues were bought by me as they hit the stands. I even worked at my shop for a couple of years.

You guys are a VERY tight-knit community, it's hard to come in here (the forums) and jump in the conversation. However, reading you all's posts has been fun, in the way it's meant to, enjoyably.

Now, take a look at the first two replies to my "for sale" thread - nothing to do with my comics, but the word "*SQUEE*" was used in both replies. They weren't insulting ME, yet the replies came off with a negative tone towards the purpose of the thread just the same.

For now, I lurk here a bit and jump in where I feel comfortable. I hope no-one sees an actual new person (not just some comic "dealer") to your boards as a bad thing, and I'm sorry if my first post being my "for sale" ad made anyone see it any other way. :|

-slym

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

slym2none wrote:I signed up here to be a participant of these boards, as well as try to sell my Valiants. I am no dealer, all my issues were bought by me as they hit the stands. I even worked at my shop for a couple of years.

You guys are a VERY tight-knit community, it's hard to come in here (the forums) and jump in the conversation. However, reading you all's posts has been fun, in the way it's meant to, enjoyably.

Now, take a look at the first two replies to my "for sale" thread - nothing to do with my comics, but the word "*SQUEE*" was used in both replies. They weren't insulting ME, yet the replies came off with a negative tone towards the purpose of the thread just the same.

For now, I lurk here a bit and jump in where I feel comfortable. I hope no-one sees an actual new person (not just some comic "dealer") to your boards as a bad thing, and I'm sorry if my first post being my "for sale" ad made anyone see it any other way. :|

-slym
This kind of post is good, though. Even if I don't buy comics from you I'm still interested in what kinds of people are trading/selling these comics. And you certainly have every right to come here and post your wares.

Sometimes when a number of new members show up and say "I have this stuff to sell," as their way of introduction it feels like ebay intruding on our little party.

By letting us know who you are and why you're selling, it makes you a participant here. So welcome to the boards.

:thumb:

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

*SOLD*
:hm:

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

slym2none wrote:I signed up here to be a participant of these boards, as well as try to sell my Valiants. I am no dealer, all my issues were bought by me as they hit the stands. I even worked at my shop for a couple of years.

-slym
Yep ASSECLOWNE was used indeed referring to a few JACKASSES who came over from one of the boards you mentioned. BIG TIME ASSECLOWNS. Nothing against you. Usually when someone's first post is about selling books, they are just here to dump and run.
ASM Crossover Home

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

At some point, I'll get my "story" over on that particular thread, tell how and why I got into Valiant comics.

Thanks, everyone. Just didn't want you all to get the wrong idea about me.

-slym

Dr. Phil Seleski
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Dr. Phil Seleski »

I actually bought the Solar A&O hardcover from slym2none and it was sent out super quick, packaged wonderfully and the condition was excellent.

While I must agree that someone with a few posts peddling their wares might raise some flags, this one was legit in my case.

Just a happy customer.

Rob

Redtrax
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Redtrax »

Knightt_333 wrote:I have noticed this as well... lots of dealers who attempt at some 'banter' on the boards that usually end up in a 'oh btw, I have issue #1 of Valiant-Man in case anyone is interested'.
Vialiant-Man? Damn, haven't found a copy of that issue yet.
Peek-a-boo

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Knightt_333 wrote:I remember this guy X-O HoboJoe who popped up a while ago,
Now THAT Hobo guy is an Asseclown! I'm still looking for the stuff he promised me. :P
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

Knightt_333 wrote:Was it ME who used the term *SQUEE* ? If I offended anyone with that statement then I apologize. If I used it to term someone who just posts a couple of times and they were both posts about hawking their wares, then too bad I don't take that one back.
No, Knight, it was I. When I used the term, I was referring to the multiple personalities known as Oil Savant, Gwolf, and others. And hell, no I don't apologize!
ASM Crossover Home

tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man

Post by tcolli »

My *SQUEE* has a huge vertical smile so I guess it could be a clown. Now where is that paint and fake nose?

tcolli

Post by tcolli »

It is my special diet program, only $129.95! :thumb:

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

I have no problem with people coming to the forums and trying to peddle their books off to the community. Do it all day long, I don't care. In fact if you have what I'm looking for I'll be the first person to line up and send you an email. It's all good.

What I think is the under-current reason for a lot of board hostility is when these drive-by-sellers expect us to pay full ValiantComics.com prices and quote how well they sell on the market but fail to realize that WE ARE THAT MARKET. You can tell them you'd give them $8 for a common gold book and they will get all *SQUEE* and tell you that the "price guide" says $15. It's the attitude that we're stupid for not giving them full market value or that we should worship them for even having a rai 9 gold up on the market in the first place.

It kind of hit a peak when that one seller came to the forums telling us what a sweat deal he scored by paying $5 for some vvss and then wondered why people got *SQUEE* when he wanted $150 per book. Is he a regular poster now? I don't recall his id anymore. That's the stuff that gets me mad. They come to our house, making unreasonable demands and then biatch up a storm when we don’t jump through their hoops. Use some *SQUEE* manners.
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/