Question about DCBS

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MrBigFeathas
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Gilad/Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Re: Question about DCBS

Post by MrBigFeathas »

Second_Death wrote:Have been using DCBS since 2007 and have only had one problem with their service and it was addressed immediately.

If receiving your books in the best condition possible is a priority, I would recommend selecting the Mylite2/Fullbacks option at 50 cents each for bag and board. This will minimize the possibility of handling or shipping damage before you receive them. On average, from my experience, the books arrive in slightly better condition than with the regular bad/board option.
I went with the regular bags and boards for my first order. I will start going with the Mylites from now on. Can't edit the order anymore.

Thanks.
My Collection: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=50094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Second_Death
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Second_Death »

MrBigFeathas wrote:
Second_Death wrote:Have been using DCBS since 2007 and have only had one problem with their service and it was addressed immediately.

If receiving your books in the best condition possible is a priority, I would recommend selecting the Mylite2/Fullbacks option at 50 cents each for bag and board. This will minimize the possibility of handling or shipping damage before you receive them. On average, from my experience, the books arrive in slightly better condition than with the regular bad/board option.
I went with the regular bags and boards for my first order. I will start going with the Mylites from now on. Can't edit the order anymore.

Thanks.
You're welcome. If you decide you would like an upgrade to the Mylite2/Fullbacks on an existing order, just email them with your name and order #. The guys at DCBS are good to add or make changes when requested even after the due date.

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

Second_Death wrote:
MrBigFeathas wrote:

Thanks.
You're welcome. If you decide you would like an upgrade to the Mylite2/Fullbacks on an existing order, just email them with your name and order #. The guys at DCBS are good to add or make changes when requested even after the due date.
Maybe I'll send them an email, I've sent them 3 previous emails over the last couple weeks to get a little info before signing up and never received a response. Not sure why.
My Collection: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=50094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

If you haven't yet placed your first order, you can get an additional 8% off your order with various coupon codes. I know that Comic Geek Speak and 11 O' Clock Comics are regularly sponsored by DCBS, and you can get one of the coupon codes from listening to one of their podcasts.

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

I think maybe I'll just keep my Sci-Fi Genre sub active until I see how DCBS works, I'm a little weary that they haven't responded to any emails and that is how I would have to communicate with them for any issues. Maybe the convenience of not having to create an order every month and being able to add titles only a week or two before release is worth the extra $5 or so a month at Sc-Fi Genre. I only get about 7-8 titles per month, and Sci-Fi genre ends up being like $1 more than what I could get them for at a LCS. DCBS is too tempting with the prices though so I'll try it.

Does anyone use Impulse Creations for their sub? I just found that site today and see that they offer 30% off subs straight away. I just didn't know how reliable they were, their site doesn't look as good as Sci-Fi Genre or DCBS.

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

Interestingly, the break even amount for DCBS is between 5 to 7 books, compared to just buying them at the local comic shop.

Less than that, and the shipping counteracts the discount.

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

Well, now I don't feel bad at all for switching from Sci-Fi Genre, They just informed me that I won't be getting my copies of X-O #1 that I added over 2 months ago. So now I need to find them somewhere else. :?

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

Dr. Solar wrote:Interestingly, the break even amount for DCBS is between 5 to 7 books, compared to just buying them at the local comic shop.

Less than that, and the shipping counteracts the discount.
5.2 books for $2.99 books and 3.9 books for $3.99. Plus you have to take sales tax into consideration which you haven't got to pay with DCBS.

Honestly, though, the comic shops near me? I'd pay a premium for books just so I wouldn't have to set foot in them.

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

I have a new DCBS question. I did my order a few days ago... how do you go about adding something to the order? Do you just create a new order and they combine them? I don't see any option to add, only to create a new one. Or does it combine automatically? I never got far enough along to find out. I didn't wanna pay an extra shipping fee for one book.

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

MrBigFeathas wrote:I have a new DCBS question. I did my order a few days ago... how do you go about adding something to the order? Do you just create a new order and they combine them? I don't see any option to add, only to create a new one. Or does it combine automatically? I never got far enough along to find out. I didn't wanna pay an extra shipping fee for one book.

Email them. Include the order number in your email. They will respond afer a few days.
ASM Crossover Home

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

MrBigFeathas wrote:I have a new DCBS question. I did my order a few days ago... how do you go about adding something to the order? Do you just create a new order and they combine them? I don't see any option to add, only to create a new one. Or does it combine automatically? I never got far enough along to find out. I didn't wanna pay an extra shipping fee for one book.
In addition to what Fo-Hun said,

If it is during the same month, go to your account, and your list of orders. If there is a pencil next to your order, you can open it and add to it. I think you click on the order number, and there should be an option to click to "open for editing". Click on this, and then anything you add to your cart on the site will be added to the order. When you're done, go back to your order and click the "close order" link. FYI-this option goes away after the initial order cutoff date, usually toward the end of each month. In April, it was on April 25th, I believe.

If it is after the initial order cutoff, just send them an email. It will be most helpful to them if you include the previews order for the item you want to add, and your order ID for that month.

DON'T create a second order. You could probably combine them later by emailing them, but it is probably easier to just do one of the other two option.

EDIT: Where in the Bay Area are you, Big Feathas? I'm in the City.

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

Dr. Solar wrote:
In addition to what Fo-Hun said,

If it is during the same month, go to your account, and your list of orders. If there is a pencil next to your order, you can open it and add to it. I think you click on the order number, and there should be an option to click to "open for editing". Click on this, and then anything you add to your cart on the site will be added to the order. When you're done, go back to your order and click the "close order" link. FYI-this option goes away after the initial order cutoff date, usually toward the end of each month. In April, it was on April 25th, I believe.

If it is after the initial order cutoff, just send them an email. It will be most helpful to them if you include the previews order for the item you want to add, and your order ID for that month.

DON'T create a second order. You could probably combine them later by emailing them, but it is probably easier to just do one of the other two option.

EDIT: Where in the Bay Area are you, Big Feathas? I'm in the City.
Thanks, that's what I was hoping. That I could add as long as it was before the order date. I just haven't had an order before the cutoff date yet.

I'm the East Bay (Concord).

MrBigFeathas

Post by MrBigFeathas »

Did DCBS raise their shipping rates this month? Not that it's a big deal I was just wondering. I placed my May order today and shipping was $6.95 where it was $6.25 previously. This go for anyone else?

SnotDrip
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

DCBS confirmed via email to me that Mind the Gap may not appear until later as some of their shipment was affected by the accident.