Stuff for sale!

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

whetteon wrote:
It kind of hit a peak when that one seller came to the forums telling us what a sweat deal he scored by paying $5 for some vvss and then wondered why people got *SQUEE* when he wanted $150 per book. Is he a regular poster now? I don't recall his id anymore. That's the stuff that gets me mad. They come to our house, making unreasonable demands and then biatch up a storm when we don’t jump through their hoops. Use some *SKREE* manners.
That's a good point, what happened to that *SQUEE*?

billandedsdeals
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by billandedsdeals »

I'm still here...reading the posts...posting when I have something to say...
and apparantly still taking *SQUEE*...that's OK though...I deserve it.
I was trying to make some money and went about it the wrong way, so I took someones advice, zeph maybe, and put the books on ebay.
*SQUEE* is a little tough though.

I've had a few dealings with people on the sight and have had posistive experiences with most, and for that I thank you.

This sight has been a valuable asset in completing my collections as well as giving a "guide" of books values.

billandedsdeals

Also, I didn't "wonder" why people got *SQUEE*, I quicly realized that what I did was in bad form and was *SQUEE* at myself and I didn't expect anyone to jump through hoops...once again I apologize and will watch my manners from now on :littlesmile:

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Heck, in the past week alone I have made THREE new friends... and you know who you are !!!

What about me Knightt? :(

David

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

billandedsdeals wrote:I'm still here...reading the posts...posting when I have something to say...
and apparantly still taking *SKREE*...that's OK though...I deserve it.
I was trying to make some money and went about it the wrong way, so I took someones advice, zeph maybe, and put the books on ebay.

I've had a few dealings with people on the sight and have had posistive experiences with most, and for that I thank you.

This sight has been a valuable asset in completing my collections as well as giving a "guide" of books values.
dammit, I hate when they become good memebers of the board and take their lumps! Now I just feel like an arse. :oops:
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

billandedsdeals

That's OK whet...you're just doing your job...after all you are

"The noobie hunter"

:D

SolarFan777
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: Harbinger 4 release
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar

Post by SolarFan777 »

dac55 wrote:Heck, in the past week alone I have made THREE new friends... and you know who you are !!!

What about me Knightt? :(

David
Hey David, Good to see you drop in! I think Knightt and I can both say David has been a good guy to deal with (of course I'm sort of a noob too :D )

BTW I sent those books out to you today. :thumb:
It's Solar... Don't call him Dr. Phil!

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

I just picked up a nice copy of Magnus #0 without card from billandedsdeals and was pretty happy with the deal. The price on Magnus #0 seems a little deflated recently on eBay so I took the opportunity to pick one up cheaply.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Dr. Phil Seleski wrote:I actually bought the Solar A&O hardcover from slym2none and it was sent out super quick, packaged wonderfully and the condition was excellent.

While I must agree that someone with a few posts peddling their wares might raise some flags, this one was legit in my case.

Just a happy customer.

Rob
Thanks a lot for the kind words, Rob. I try to do my best, and any and all packages go out with at least as much care. I appreciate your interest in the HC, I figured if someone from these boards got it (or anything else from me) it would have a better home than elsewhere (used book store, eBay, etc.)

-slym

billandedsdeals

Thanks for the kind words brother J...I'm glad you liked the book!!!

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Thanks for the kind words

Post by dac55 »

Thanks Chris and Kevin. I dont post to often. But I realy like to read other peoples post. You know when I first came here I was wont to fill the holes in my valiant collection. I have about 1,000 Valiants Most of 99 percent of them common. But I thought I would trade them for the ones I needed. But that dident work out. So I'v bought and have traded a few for most of what I need. Still like a few. But I'm in no hurry. And I have seen slym on the other boards and everthing I'v read about him is good. I know I would buy from him,

David

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

tcolli wrote:My *SQUEE* has a huge vertical smile so I guess it could be a clown. Now where is that paint and fake nose?
The Chicken Man freakin' ruled, and it was because of posts like this... :lol:

Johnseye
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: I think it was 1991
Favorite title: Rai

Post by Johnseye »

depluto wrote:when it comes to the kind of speculation that helped lead to the bubble.

So there is a bubble? When did it begin? I was under the impression that prices have gone up and down for all the books. In the past couple months I've been watching closely and they are a little higher than Gregg's guide on average. Slabs, especially 9.8's have been going for crazy amounts.

I came to this site looking to get the scoop on Valiant, get reedjumacated and fill in my holes which turned into more holes to get filled in. When people offer books on this site I've found they are a couple dollars less than Gregg's numbers which can be good when looking for pre-Unity's and bad when looking for commons. I do find it useful. I haven't used it for selling because honestly the only Valiants I've sold were some crap that J-D Manowar sold me & wouldn't take back. I sold those on Ebay for a lot less than I bought them for. I would have disuaded anyone from this site to buy them. Honestly after that experience I like to buy books at any LCS so I can see the quality.

Slym, with as many posts as you have I don't think anyone here could accuse you of being a *SQUEE* :thumb:

Rufusharley
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!

Post by Rufusharley »

slym2none wrote:I signed up here to be a participant of these boards, as well as try to sell my Valiants. I am no dealer, all my issues were bought by me as they hit the stands. I even worked at my shop for a couple of years.

You guys are a VERY tight-knit community, it's hard to come in here (the forums) and jump in the conversation. However, reading you all's posts has been fun, in the way it's meant to, enjoyably.

Now, take a look at the first two replies to my "for sale" thread - nothing to do with my comics, but the word "*SQUEE*" was used in both replies. They weren't insulting ME, yet the replies came off with a negative tone towards the purpose of the thread just the same.

For now, I lurk here a bit and jump in where I feel comfortable. I hope no-one sees an actual new person (not just some comic "dealer") to your boards as a bad thing, and I'm sorry if my first post being my "for sale" ad made anyone see it any other way. :|

-slym
It's really weird to see a 'i'm kind of new' post from Slym. Now it's 'what ya see is what ya get' posts from Slym. 8-)

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

jszei wrote:
Slym, with as many posts as you have I don't think anyone here could accuse you of being a *SQUEE* :thumb:
ah, but that's the rub. Look at the date of this thread, this one was back when Slym was just a newb. Sorry for the confusion, but I wanted to finally answer his question.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Brother J wrote:
jszei wrote:
ah, but that's the rub. Look at the date of this thread, this one was back when Slym was just a newb. Sorry for the confusion, but I wanted to finally answer his question.
Nice find Bro J, you must have used just the right words when searching for it cause the site didn't lock up.

Rufusharley

Post by Rufusharley »

Brother J wrote:
jszei wrote:
Good work detective. :thumb:

Johnseye
Valiant fan since: I think it was 1991
Favorite title: Rai

Post by Johnseye »

I see. Well we know the truth about Slym now don't we.
Does that mean there was a bubble back in 2005?? What's become of it since then?

sckao

Post by sckao »

billandedsdeals wrote:I'm still here...reading the posts...posting when I have something to say...
and apparantly still taking *SQUEE*...that's OK though...I deserve it.

Just to close the circle... What did you get for it on eBay? :hm:

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Brother J wrote:
tcolli wrote:My *SQUEE* has a huge vertical smile so I guess it could be a clown. Now where is that paint and fake nose?
The Chicken Man freakin' ruled, and it was because of posts like this... :lol:
Someone needs to find his 'Dildo' thread. :lol: :lol: :cry:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

jszei wrote:I see. Well we know the truth about Slym now don't we.
Does that mean there was a bubble back in 2005?? What's become of it since then?
It's been a while, but I think I was talking about the original bubble in the 1990s. I think my first post was a reaction to several posters showing up and saying "Hi, this is a great site, here's what I have for sale."

Hindsight is 20-20, but I guess a couple stuck around and are solid members now.

<DId I just say solid member?>

SnotDrip
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

depluto wrote:
It's been a while, but I think I was talking about the original bubble in the 1990s. I think my first post was a reaction to several posters showing up and saying "Hi, this is a great site, here's what I have for sale."

Hindsight is 20-20, but I guess a couple stuck around and are solid members now.

<DId I just say solid member?>
Yes and Jedi is looking for Dildo (or a thread)
:lol:

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

depluto wrote:I think my first post was a reaction to several posters showing up and saying "Hi, this is a great site, here's what I have for sale."

Okay, but what about me???

:lol: :P :D

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

Rufusharley wrote:It's really weird to see a 'i'm kind of new' post from Slym. Now it's 'what ya see is what ya get' posts from Slym. 8-)
Heh - go look at some of my other early posts - once I got my toe in the door, most all of my posts are "what you see is what you get." Remember, I'm still a noob - not even 18 months since I registered!

:wink:

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

Whatwhatwhat???

:o :? :P

-slym