Some people have no clue on value of stuff.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
Some people have no clue on value of stuff.

Post by superman-prime »

So long story shortened.

I got a email from a guy that wanted to sell around 100 star wars figures, newer POTF loose stuff, asked him what he wanted, and he was asking 1200 ????? Thats like one thousand two hundred bucks.
I did not make a counter because there is no way he will come down that much, emailed back thanks but ill pass. Then same guy kept asking what id offer and I gave him about 100, and he wigged out. Sent him a few competed auctions I've won on the bay, at a buck to 1.50 a figure ON CARD, and got a That has to be a trick.

Not everything is a gold mine, this is not World of warcraft .

Some people have No clue.

Next time he will try to get me to buy a case of 1988 topps baseball cards for 10 bucks.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Re: Some people have no clue on value of stuff.

Post by jedimarley »

I have 300 figures MIP that you can have for $300.00 +shipping

Please....Take these things!!!!!! :!:

steverino
Account deactivated by administrator.

Post by steverino »

General Lee Die cast car for $400, circa 2004!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://bham.craigslist.org/clt/2819748315.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

Lee omg

the 300 give me a few to see how many i need I'll be all over it if you are serious mid month :thumb:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I used to work at a store that purchased used firearms. I ran across much of the same there.

Sometimes to quite humourous ends.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I once watched an LCS owner cherry pick a box and then, at the bottom of the box, was a mint in the box Bothan Spy. I was off to the side, and the guy with the box didn't see my face but the owner did and he said "I'll take the whole thing for 50 dollars" and the guy said "yeah, ok" and well...I've seen a Bothan go for up to 500 dollars on Ebay.

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

xodacia81 wrote:I once watched an LCS owner cherry pick a box and then, at the bottom of the box, was a mint in the box Bothan Spy. I was off to the side, and the guy with the box didn't see my face but the owner did and he said "I'll take the whole thing for 50 dollars" and the guy said "yeah, ok" and well...I've seen a Bothan go for up to 500 dollars on Ebay.
Many Bothans died to get this information . . .

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

I had a young woman in today giving me gyp because Draco told her uncle that the '90s comics he brought in to sell us (that were actually hers - he thought we would rip her off because she is a girl) were pretty much worthless because they weren't in their "original packaging". He actually told the guy was that the titles he had brought in weren't particularly sought after and because of the condition they were in, would end up in the 50p box so he couldn't offer much for them. She thought they were gold but had a go at me because of some second-hand information given by someone else. Oh well.

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

I do some computer work on the side. I don't advertise or solicit work. It's just word of mouth. So my wife's uncle wanted me to clean his computer up for him. He had some viruses and it was running very slow and getting a bunch of errors. I typically charge $100 for that type of service because it does take a good bit of time that I'd rather spend doing something else. Most people I know charge more than that.

When he came to pick his computer up, he was astonished at how much faster it was. When he asked how much he owed me, since he was family, I said, "Oh, whatever it was worth to you is fine." He handed me a $20 bill and seemed to think that was generous. I took it and smiled and thanked him. But I learned a lesson. And next time I'll tell him to take it to Best Buy.
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

What you make depends on the value of something, I do the same stuff for computers and learned that quick.

Ask who tips better for waiters, its the middle of the road, not the suits or the scruffs, unless they are tosted.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

On the other side, I just got 80 M11 starters for 80 bucks. :clap:

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

Heath wrote:I do some computer work on the side. I don't advertise or solicit work. It's just word of mouth. So my wife's uncle wanted me to clean his computer up for him. He had some viruses and it was running very slow and getting a bunch of errors. I typically charge $100 for that type of service because it does take a good bit of time that I'd rather spend doing something else. Most people I know charge more than that.

When he came to pick his computer up, he was astonished at how much faster it was. When he asked how much he owed me, since he was family, I said, "Oh, whatever it was worth to you is fine." He handed me a $20 bill and seemed to think that was generous. I took it and smiled and thanked him. But I learned a lesson. And next time I'll tell him to take it to Best Buy.
I know how you feel..fixed my brothers computer and took 2 hrs cleaning it of viruses, adding software, updating the computer.He acted like it was due him and he didnt even thank me.Family aside i told him where to put it the next day. :mad:
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

family is well, family, my normal advice move farther away.

wallywest1980
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by wallywest1980 »

The one that still gets me is the people that seem to think Superman 75 is the holy grail of comics. He came back. And they printed over 12 MILLION of them. I'll give you a buck to burn your copy so mine will be worth 25 cents. :P
Life is the urge of a few million cells to be you for a while.