SELLING EVERYTHING I HAVE...HAS BEEN COMPLETELY SOLD *******

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord
Re: SELLING EVERYTHING I HAVE...(updated 18-Dec)

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

All i can say is my stuff was late, Squirrel made everything MORE than right and I just got a delivery notice today that i'm 99.9999% sure is the art I bought.

All I had to do was talk to him and it all got sorted just fine by me.
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

KXXX
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Shadowman N64
Favorite character: 2012 Torque
Location: Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California

Post by KXXX »

Dear Mr. *SQUEE* Nugget,
If you are keeping me from getting my comics, you are a *SQUEE*.

Sincerely,
Your Mom

Squirrel
Dino, how about... Archer & Armsquirrel?
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by Squirrel »

what can I say more than I have said to the few members that had delays in their items being shipped???

I'm disabled now. I have 1 leg and carrying books from one part of the house to the other to weigh and package via the computer is a task in itself, then to get the packages to my porch once packaged...TBH, Ive had to wait for someone to come over so they could eoither take them to the post office (as I don't drive now) or put them on my porch, as I have an a nice agreement with my postmaster that they will take any packages I have from my porch.
Add in life in general, so many orders, more than I thought and BIG orders...which I am more than grateful for.

But I got overwhelmed and lost track of a lot of things...anything I made a mistake on I made sure to make it right ASAP even if i had to call in favors from neighbors and friends.
That last order was OVER 25 pounds in 1 box (so he got all his books together). I had to wait for someone to take it out of the den and to the porch, etc.

Its not like I'm holding anyones books and trying to scam anyone!!! facepalm

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

the ONLY reason Im making such a fuss about the money being 'frozen' is that paypal has also froze the money I was transferring to my personal bank account for ebay sales of the last art pages I had on sale here. and because that money was over what I had in my paypal account it has taken any monies I have sent to me to make up the $200+ negative the person has put on my account. So an money I had was in that paypal account and such......and I'm NOT asking for anyone to feel sorry for me but the only money to my name was being transferred to me & via the sales from ebay....which none of it I can access.

I need to pick up 4 prescriptions 2 days ago so I pleaded with this person to release the money so i can get them and they said 'not until I receive the books and make sure they are all there in which I paid for'

So, he will receive the books on te 21st according to USPS tracking. And that means I'll be without my 4 pills for 5 days....glad you have no faith mister :twisted:

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

BTW - the rest of the stuff listed is still for sale :P

BloodShot
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS
SELLING EVERYTHING I HAVE...(updated 18-Dec)

Post by BloodShot »

Squirrel wrote:the ONLY reason Im making such a fuss about the money being 'frozen' is that paypal has also froze the money I was transferring to my personal bank account for ebay sales of the last art pages I had on sale here. and because that money was over what I had in my paypal account it has taken any monies I have sent to me to make up the $200+ negative the person has put on my account. So an money I had was in that paypal account and such......and I'm NOT asking for anyone to feel sorry for me but the only money to my name was being transferred to me & via the sales from ebay....which none of it I can access.

I need to pick up 4 prescriptions 2 days ago so I pleaded with this person to release the money so i can get them and they said 'not until I receive the books and make sure they are all there in which I paid for'

So, he will receive the books on te 21st according to USPS tracking. And that means I'll be without my 4 pills for 5 days....glad you have no faith mister :twisted:
Skilly,

PM in-bound!

Please LMK soonest,

-B
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

BloodShot wrote:
Squirrel wrote:the ONLY reason Im making such a fuss about the money being 'frozen' is that paypal has also froze the money I was transferring to my personal bank account for ebay sales of the last art pages I had on sale here. and because that money was over what I had in my paypal account it has taken any monies I have sent to me to make up the $200+ negative the person has put on my account. So an money I had was in that paypal account and such......and I'm NOT asking for anyone to feel sorry for me but the only money to my name was being transferred to me & via the sales from ebay....which none of it I can access.

Skilly,

PM in-bound!

Please LMK soonest,

-B

:angel:

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I went into the bedroom (where I have the last of all my comic books) and found a box with a few odd books in it....I'm listing them now but I found a envelope with some color art in it. I was sure anyone who bought color art has had theirs shipped out awhile ago and no one has said they were missing any color art. If you ordered any color art from me please PM me and tell me what your missing. I'd like to put these up for sale on here or eBay (had better luck there) but if I'm missing shipping you color art I dont wanna sell it off to another. :hope:

I think I'm loosing my mind with all this stuff :o :wink:

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Squirrel wrote:I went into the bedroom (where I have the last of all my comic books) and found a box with a few odd books in it....I'm listing them now but I found a envelope with some color art in it. I was sure anyone who bought color art has had theirs shipped out awhile ago and no one has said they were missing any color art. If you ordered any color art from me please PM me and tell me what your missing. I'd like to put these up for sale on here or eBay (had better luck there) but if I'm missing shipping you color art I dont wanna sell it off to another. :hope:

I think I'm loosing my mind with all this stuff :o :wink:
I should have mine opened up right around noon EST. i'll let you know ASAP if anything's missing.
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PSN- gorakthebunny

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

a bunch of books added to first page

BloodShot

Post by BloodShot »

Squirrel wrote:----- HARDCOVER BOOKS -----

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG = $15

X-O MANOWAR = VF.COM PROJECT ( signed by 7 ) COA #25 of 50 ----- $35

Skilly,

If still available, I'll take BOTH, please.

Just shoot me a PM RE: PayPal poop, and we'll go from there.

TIA,

-B

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I just thought of something.... As much as I'd love to sell books ill not be able to even access the money till the "hold" on my PayPal I lifted by "that" member

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

PayPal is : DetroitSquirrel At YAhoo DoT CoM

BloodShot

Post by BloodShot »

Squirrel wrote:I just thought of something.... As much as I'd love to sell books ill not be able to even access the money till the "hold" on my PayPal I lifted by "that" member
Not doubting you, especially since I don't have any direct experience with it, but I can't see how one little doosh bag can (legally) get a "hold" put on your entire account, not just the amount from that individual :? .

Regardless, shoot me a PM to LMK the grand total I owe you for those two hardbacks and I'll shoot you some funds via PayPal. Or, if you'd rather, given the current issue with GayPal, I will gladly send you a postal money order for them instead.

Just LMK what's best for you, and I'll make it happen :wink: .

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

BloodShot wrote:
Squirrel wrote:I just thought of something.... As much as I'd love to sell books ill not be able to even access the money till the "hold" on my PayPal I lifted by "that" member
Not doubting you, especially since I don't have any direct experience with it, but I can't see how one little doosh bag can (legally) get a "hold" put on your entire account, not just the amount from that individual :? .

Regardless, shoot me a PM to LMK the grand total I owe you for those two hardbacks and I'll shoot you some funds via PayPal. Or, if you'd rather, given the current issue with GayPal, I will gladly send you a postal money order for them instead.

Just LMK what's best for you, and I'll make it happen :wink: .

just a simple explanation, I had zero in my paypal account as i was transferring $50 to my regular bank account. His order that he's holding money because of was $200. Paypal will then with draw that money from your account to cover his 'claim'. since there was no money in the paypal account it went -$200 (negative). They froze the transfer to cover part of the $200 he's pulled. The sales from ebay went into my paypal account but went against the negative balance...so, I still have a negative balance as the sales from ebay weren't more than the $150 im negative (after they froze my $50 transfer).
So, any money that goes into my paypal fund will just keep going against the negative balance......once he decides to release it the $200 will go back in my account....but, it will take 3-4 days to transfer the money to my personal account which puts us after Christmas....and then I can ship out books and buy something for my son for Christmas.....THANKS CARSON!!!!!

Carson
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by Carson »

Well, now that you want to call me out publicly for filing a claim I feel obligated to tell my side:

I bought one full run Harbinger for $70 at the end of october. Then I bought 3 more full runs for $200 on November 6th.

You spent the $270 I sent you back in late October/early November, and now in mid-December when I finally put a hold on those funds (because you failed to ship) you are vilifying me as the bad guy?

I did you a favor by buying books I really don't need because I was sympathetic to your situation. I already own all of those books. I'm buying yours to one day bind them. It's not a pressing need.

The fact is, the $70 payment is no longer protected (over 45 days have past). The $200 payment is only protected to 45 days past November 6th, so that will pass before the books even get here. If I let the case go now and you didn't mail what I ordered, then I'll have no recourse.

I hope you understand the situation you put me in by forgetting to ship $270 worth of books for 6 weeks. You think I haven't been stressing about it? I reluctantly opened the case because I had no other option.

What good does it do to air this dirty laundry out for the whole message board? Not cool.

I tried to do something helpful for a board member. Who else spent $270 with you? I bought $270 in books from you primarily to help you out. That's the truth.

You know I added an extra $20 or so to buy them as goods, because I don't buy from strangers without buyer protection. Knowing that, why would you not ship them for six weeks?

You put me in a bad spot here by not shipping. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed that instead of gratitude I get this treatment.

No good deed...

Carson
Re: MUST SELL EVERYTHING I HAVE...50+% off guide...PLEASE HE

Post by Carson »

Squirrel wrote:everyones orders have been shipped (except I owe 1 more box to Magnus in Sweden)
You had my $270 for a month at this point. How could you forget the one guy that bought FOUR FULL RUNS for $270?! :?

Was I not your biggest customer? Hang me out to dry all you want, I was trying to help and bought a bunch of comics I ALREADY OWN just to be cool.

Now you're making me regret my purchase all-together, acting like I ruined Christmas for your kid because I put a hold on $270 of MY MONEY. Low blow. That money is not yours to spend if you give NOTHING in return.

Keep talking junk about me on here and I'll return em to sender (minus the Harbys that I paid $70 for). Or chill out and I'll release my $200 as soon as your books arrive.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

Bad situation for both parties. :cry: I hope both parties are able to work it out and come to an amicable solution. :thumb:

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

Carson wrote:
Squirrel wrote:everyones orders have been shipped (except I owe 1 more box to Magnus in Sweden)
You had my $270 for a month at this point. How could you forget the one guy that bought FOUR FULL RUNS for $270?! :?

Was I not your biggest customer? Hang me out to dry all you want, I was trying to help and bought a bunch of comics I ALREADY OWN just to be cool.

Now you're making me regret my purchase all-together, acting like I ruined Christmas for your kid because I put a hold on $270 of MY MONEY. Low blow. That money is not yours to spend if you give NOTHING in return.

Keep talking junk about me on here and I'll return em to sender (minus the Harbys that I paid $70 for). Or chill out and I'll release my $200 as soon as your books arrive.
Carson.. Sorry if this upsets you, but what I just read from you really rubbed me the wrong way. If you were sympathetic to his situation, my two cents, not that you want them... is that you should have contacted him and not done the hold. Yes I understand it's a lot of money, but even you yourself said your didn't even need the comics.

The only reason I'm chiming in here is I think it was a lame thing to do given the circumstances and not to back track on given the circumstances, especially once he has a tracking number out for your shipment.

And no, you were definitely not the biggest order. I lost a LOT due to damages and the USPS. I'm pretty sure that the parts that I lost or were damaged amounted to MORE than your entire combined order was worth and it was stuff that I REALLY REALLY wanted.. waited 15 years to get in fact. I was and am very disappointed I lost them, but to me it did not matter in the end because my prime motivation was helping out someone in need. Also my last items that did arrive were months late as well. I did not freak out or pull anything or try to get anything back from him. I waited patiently and what was delayed came unexpectedly over a month after the last items, when he was finally able to send them.

I understand your motivations for doing what you did, I just personally disagree with them.

This reminds me that I need to go buy a 40 and pour half of it out in remembrance of one Four Color 596 and one Solar #1 lost to this world... :cry:
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

FormerReader

Post by FormerReader »

Aram wrote:
Carson wrote:

Carson.. Sorry if this upsets you, but what I just read from you really rubbed me the wrong way. If you were sympathetic to his situation, my two cents, not that you want them... is that you should have contacted him and not done the hold. Yes I understand it's a lot of money, but even you yourself said your didn't even need the comics.

The only reason I'm chiming in here is I think it was a lame thing to do given the circumstances and not to back track on given the circumstances, especially once he has a tracking number out for your shipment.

And no, you were definitely not the biggest order. I lost a LOT due to damages and the USPS. I'm pretty sure that the parts that I lost or were damaged amounted to MORE than your entire combined order was worth and it was stuff that I REALLY REALLY wanted.. waited 15 years to get in fact. I was and am very disappointed I lost them, but to me it did not matter in the end because my prime motivation was helping out someone in need. Also my last items that did arrive were months late as well. I did not freak out or pull anything or try to get anything back from him. I waited patiently and what was delayed came unexpectedly over a month after the last items, when he was finally able to send them.

I understand your motivations for doing what you did, I just personally disagree with them.

This reminds me that I need to go buy a 40 and pour half of it out in remembrance of one Four Color 596 and one Solar #1 lost to this world... :cry:
I don't mean to try and play moderator (so if you tell me to screw off I won't take offense), but I don't think it is right of us to judge either of them. Things could have been done differently by both sides, but I'm sure neither of them intened for things to work out the way they did and hopefully the issue can be resolved and work out for both parties.

KXXX
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Shadowman N64
Favorite character: 2012 Torque
Location: Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California

Post by KXXX »

Yeah... let's all mellow out. I retract my statement about you being a *SQUEE* nugget and a *SQUEE*. I'm also sure your mother is delightful.

Carson

Post by Carson »

Aram wrote:
Carson wrote:

I'm sorry you had a crappy experience (losing books and such). That's not really relevant to my discussion though.

The simple fact is this, I've been on eBay since 2000 with >700 positive feedbacks. I don't have a single negative. I'm not hard to deal with. I do expect that when I pay someone for something they ship it within the 45 days I am protected. If they don't, my money gets held up until they do. Keep in mind, its MY money until I receive something for it.

My first $70 payment is no longer protected (over 45 days have past). My $200 payment is only protected to 45 days past November 6th, so that will pass before the books even get here. If I let the case go now and he didn't mail what I ordered (which other members have had happen on this thread), then I'll have no recourse.

I really don't care if we see eye to eye on this. I know I'm being reasonable and protecting myself from losing $200.

Carson

Post by Carson »

KXXX wrote:Yeah... let's all mellow out. I retract my statement about you being a *SQUEE* nugget and a *SQUEE*. I'm also sure your mother is delightful.
:thumb: I appreciate the retraction! And yes, my mom is an angel. :thumb:

Aram
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

The only real point i wanted to make is i've been where you are and though Squirril is admittedly SLOW in shipping.. he has been honest in all my dealings and from what I've seen from others.

I hope this can be cleared up soon for everyones sake. :(
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

FormerReader wrote: I don't mean to try and play moderator (so if you tell me to screw off I won't take offense), but I don't think it is right of us to judge either of them. Things could have been done differently by both sides, but I'm sure neither of them intened for things to work out the way they did and hopefully the issue can be resolved and work out for both parties.
:thumb:

I agree 100%. Carson isn't a bad guy. not at all. Neither is Squirrel. I believe this can and will be fixed and everybody will be happy :)

PSN- gorakthebunny