Valiant predictions. A 5 year window.

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

manga4life
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant predictions. A 5 year window.

Post by manga4life »

So, for all the Valiant fans here I was wondering what kind of predictions you all have for Valiant within a 3-5 year window? Where do you think they'll be within the industry and how many books do you think they'll be publishing at that time? Also, do you see any kind of movie or video game releases featuring the characters within that time window? Let's hear it!

As far as publishing I could see Valiant being the #4 comic book publisher by 2017 with a solid 12-13 books published monthly (maybe 15-16) and a good 4-5 mini's having been published leading up to then. I think they have some light internal goals and know what they're doing and I see them doing quite well over the next several years, but the #3 spot may be out of reach unless they're publishing 20+ titles with all of which doing very well in orders.

Movies.....well, I think we will be close to our first Valiant feature film by that time and I believe it will probably be a live X-O film, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something animated before hand. If the X-O film does well than I think we would see a Bloodshot motion picture follow it within two years after.
NEW BLOG IS UP!

Twitter.com/manga4life

http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com - 4/13/13 "CLASSIC GAMING: Discovering new gems is always the funnest part."

KXXX
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Shadowman N64
Favorite character: 2012 Torque
Location: Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California
Re: Valiant predictions. A 5 year window.

Post by KXXX »

Tough to make any educated predictions so early, but I hope it's a slow and consistent burn instead of an intense but short burst. From what's being said it will likely be a slow(er) process. As for numbers, a quick count shows me your 12-13 book estimate covers properties that are more than a spinoff, short run, multi-hero book or a property no longer held (Magnus, Turok, Solar) so I'd say it's a good extrapolation assuming they stick to what they have. Whether or not all of them are a good idea is certainly up for debate.

I feel like the sooner Valiant branches out into other media, the better for them. At the heart of the comics are stories, and stories can be told in many formats. If a story is good it will hold up well across different media. An obvious statement would be to say there are plenty of people that consider themselves Batman fans that have never picked up a comic book.

On the topic of video games, an slightly unrelated, I really wish someone could make a Magnus 'Musou' type game. So fun.

As for movies, Harbinger should and will likely come first. I think it would be the easiest story for a broader audience to swallow.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I think a Bloodshot movie would be easiest. Less special effects needed than a Harbinger or X-O movie would require (though I'd dearly love to see any and all of the above!). Also, Bloodshot is one person. Might be easier to draw people in with the story of one person discovering himself (or not getting to the point of discovering himself by the end of the movie? Wouldn't that be different for Hollywood? Not actually wrapping it up all nice and neat by the end of the film. Just getting to the point of acceptance that he can have goals and desires as he is without finding out his origin. He could still be searching for it, but willing to live life without it as needed.).

Anyway, I've posted in other threads about my 5 year predictions. I'd love to see Valiant in 5th place among publishers (or higher!) by 2017. I don't think that's too unreasonable. I don't know if they'd do video games before a movie. Probably not. Once they get a movie or two, they can do video games and action figures! I hope they can secure funding for a big budget movie and that it does okay. With the abundance of comic book movies coming out though, when would be a good window for a Valiant movie to come out that it wouldn't be competing with a blockbuster?
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

Shadowman movie for Halloween :thumb:

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

I hope for a bloodshot or harbinger movie first followed by the other and tying together then followed up by a super action blockbuster X-O well after ironman 3 comes out. Then it would steike chords for originality. If X-O goes first people will be crying copycat, but not if it comes third and ties to the others.

I really cant predict valiant in 5 years because I think it will be determined by if there is a movie or not and how well it does.
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

No predictions, just keep producing quality comics and grow as a company.

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Lets start with 1 year first... before 5 years. Thats a long long time from now.

MrBigFeathas
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Gilad/Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by MrBigFeathas »

I just hope they don't go too crazy with the number of titles. I would love to get every issue they release but at some point my wallet wouldn't be able to handle it. Really want Rai and Eternal Warrior ongoings. I also hope to see a Harbinger movie within the next 5 years.
My Collection: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=50094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cavemold
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by cavemold »

hawkeyeps wrote:Shadowman movie for Halloween :thumb:
My idea :high-five:

tetrisdork
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by tetrisdork »

-Bloodshot movie comes out (this one has been rumored to be in development for some time)

-12 monthly books
--one of which will be a NEW property not created during the VH1 and VH2 eras

-Quantum & Woody gets a Valiant Masters book or three to collect the entire series and include Priest and Bright's proper wrap-up of the series (hey, we did get The Tablet for the 1st Bloodshot VM book)

cavemold

Post by cavemold »

Ninjak book
Hmm a movie or 2 will be out