Only The Valiant Podcast

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Post by hawkeyeps »

Elveen wrote:
pixierosa wrote:
Elveen wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:Does the next podcast feature a story about the time Sean made out with Tootie or Natalie?
With Doc it is actually............

Mrs. Garrett! :o
As long as it's not Blair. Never Blair.
:(
Don't despair Elveen, I'm from the same generation :)

I must have spilled at least one for Blair :thumb:

It's good story.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Time to wrap up the year, OTV style!

Episode 91 is out today! Our year end wrap up!

Check it out!

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/91/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Dr. Solar wrote:Time to wrap up the year, OTV style!

Episode 91 is out today! Our year end wrap up!

Check it out!

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/91/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had a blast recording this episode. :clap:

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

New OTV yumminess! :clap:
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Thanks guys, good episode as usual.

Happy New Year.

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Very well done! I'm looking forward to the next Only The Ultraverse Episode! :)

J/k. You guys did an awesome job this year.

I'm really looking forward to OTV EPISODE #100.

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

drmirage wrote:I'm really looking forward to OTV EPISODE #100.
Man oh man, that's gonna be a doozy! we're gonna have to figure out something cool to do for OTV 100.

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

Dr. Solar wrote:
drmirage wrote:I'm really looking forward to OTV EPISODE #100.
Man oh man, that's gonna be a doozy! we're gonna have to figure out something cool to do for OTV 100.
It's still 10 episodes away..... But it's a huge milestone I'm really looking forward to.

Any plans for a #0 episode?

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

New episode :)

Going to listen to it right after football!

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Hey Dr.Solar,

Got a Harb #7 Flamingo variant for you, I'd like to send as a thank you for all you do with OTV.

PM me and I'll get it out to you.

Cheers :thumb:

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

hawkeyeps wrote:Hey Dr.Solar,

Got a Harb #7 Flamingo variant for you, I'd like to send as a thank you for all you do with OTV.

That is a nice gesture.

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

Thanks for the new episode!

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Love the new episode! I thought of one interesting thing concerning this episodes talk of Harbinger #7. Flamingo had been using the power of her beauty to influence people. Now, when she embraces her fire power, it destroys her beauty! That is very different from the original Flamingo. I don't remember her ever being burned by her own fire in the past. I'm sure she'll heal of course, but I find it interesting that her now power (fire) destroys her old power (beauty), at least temporarily. I can't define exactly why I think this is cool, but there's a nugget there which tweaks my interest. Maybe it's the choice: "You can have this power over people, OR you can have this power over people, but not both."

If her power keeps burning her every time, it becomes an interesting choice to be made for someone that has grown accustomed to using beauty as a weapon.
Viva la Valiant!

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

hawkeyeps wrote:Hey Dr.Solar,

You DA MAN!

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

Phoenix8008 wrote:Love the new episode! I thought of one interesting thing concerning this episodes talk of Harbinger #7. Flamingo had been using the power of her beauty to influence people. Now, when she embraces her fire power, it destroys her beauty! That is very different from the original Flamingo. I don't remember her ever being burned by her own fire in the past. I'm sure she'll heal of course, but I find it interesting that her now power (fire) destroys her old power (beauty), at least temporarily. I can't define exactly why I think this is cool, but there's a nugget there which tweaks my interest. Maybe it's the choice: "You can have this power over people, OR you can have this power over people, but not both."
That's pretty interesting, something I hadn't thought of. It is similar to Faith, in a way, who was big and heavy, and is now as light as a feather, which Josh Dysart is fond of pointing out. There's some poetic irony going on with some of these characters.

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Dr. Solar wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:Love the new episode! I thought of one interesting thing concerning this episodes talk of Harbinger #7. Flamingo had been using the power of her beauty to influence people. Now, when she embraces her fire power, it destroys her beauty! That is very different from the original Flamingo. I don't remember her ever being burned by her own fire in the past. I'm sure she'll heal of course, but I find it interesting that her now power (fire) destroys her old power (beauty), at least temporarily. I can't define exactly why I think this is cool, but there's a nugget there which tweaks my interest. Maybe it's the choice: "You can have this power over people, OR you can have this power over people, but not both."
That's pretty interesting, something I hadn't thought of. It is similar to Faith, in a way, who was big and heavy, and is now as light as a feather, which Josh Dysart is fond of pointing out. There's some poetic irony going on with some of these characters.
You're right. He does point that out often. I wonder if, in the real world, being able to float/fly like that would end up making Faith get fatter? Not exercising the body even by walking anymore? Just kinda faking it and making it look like she's walking? Or go the opposite way and decide that now that she's a super-hero she should look the part and might start working out more than she would have before? Probably won't change one way or the other in the comic. She's supposed to be the big flying girl so I doubt that they'll change that paradigm.
Viva la Valiant!

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
You're right. He does point that out often. I wonder if, in the real world, being able to float/fly like that would end up making Faith get fatter? Not exercising the body even by walking anymore? Just kinda faking it and making it look like she's walking? Or go the opposite way and decide that now that she's a super-hero she should look the part and might start working out more than she would have before? Probably won't change one way or the other in the comic. She's supposed to be the big flying girl so I doubt that they'll change that paradigm.
Good insightful observations, guys :thumb:

Ultimately with Faith, I think the most important thing is that her self confidence is probably 'soaring' with her new psiot ability... So her self image has received a huge boost. Whether that ends up changing how she treats her body remains to be seen. She doesn't need to feel compelled to change her looks, but that positive boost to her ego may lead her to decide to eat less if she was doing so for negative emotional reasons.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

grendeljd wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

Ultimately with Faith, I think the most important thing is that her self confidence is probably 'soaring' with her new psiot ability... So her self image has received a huge boost. Whether that ends up changing how she treats her body remains to be seen. She doesn't need to feel compelled to change her looks, but that positive boost to her ego may lead her to decide to eat less if she was doing so for negative emotional reasons.
Or now that they are going to be renegades, on the run from the law and Harada, there won't be as much lying around or easy meals for any of them. That may cause some weight loss for Faith as well. We'll see. (Not that I'm suggesting that she SHOULD lose weight or NEEDS to for any reason!)
Viva la Valiant!

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

Or now that they are going to be renegades, on the run from the law and Harada, there won't be as much lying around or easy meals for any of them. That may cause some weight loss for Faith as well. We'll see. (Not that I'm suggesting that she SHOULD lose weight or NEEDS to for any reason!)
:lol: Now that sounds like a guy who has answered the question "Does this make me look fat?" :atomic:

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

hawkeyeps wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

:lol: Now that sounds like a guy who has answered the question "Does this make me look fat?" :atomic:
Not recently at least. And if I was, I very carefully and honestly answer "No dear, that dress doesn't make you look fat at all." Because it is very rarely the fault of the dress... :twisted: Luckily, my honey doesn't ask questions like that. :cloud9:
Viva la Valiant!

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

*** Call For Best Of 2012 ***

We're recording this weekend, and we've already received a couple "best of 2012" lists from folks that we'll be sharing. We'd love to get more!

I think it's really interesting to hear from all the listeners what you are all liking the most.

Send em in to our email: onlythevaliant@gmail.com

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Dr. Solar wrote:*** Call For Best Of 2012 ***

We're recording this weekend, and we've already received a couple "best of 2012" lists from folks that we'll be sharing. We'd love to get more!

I think it's really interesting to hear from all the listeners what you are all liking the most.

Send em in to our email: onlythevaliant@gmail.com
Also, I'd love to hear some "I once ate a cherimoya" stories.

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

Only The Valiant Episode 94!

Torquhalla, Shadowman's first story arc, and listener feedback of the best of 2012:

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/94/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Dr. Solar wrote:Only The Valiant Episode 94!

Torquhalla, Shadowman's first story arc, and listener feedback of the best of 2012:

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/94/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Added to the RSS feed... somehow I missed Episode 93. :oops:

I guess that means I have two that I can hear this week. :thumb:

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

Dr. Solar wrote:Only The Valiant Episode 94!

WooHoo! So now I have something to listen to on the commute tomorrow. :thumb:

I just found out that my new podcast app works great, it's already waiting on me. :D