H.A.R.D. Corps!

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
Re: H.A.R.D. Corps!

Post by FormerReader »

Shadowman99 wrote:I can't believe how often the topic of food comes up on this forum. And 'Canadians'. There's always lots to say about Canadians. :|
How about the topic of Canadians as food. I like that one. :P

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Shadowman99 wrote:I can't believe how often the topic of food comes up on this forum. And 'Canadians'. There's always lots to say about Canadians. :|
Each is for different reasons: We talk about food because everyone needs and loves food. We talk about Canadians because they're bad. :kidaround:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Stringer
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by Stringer »

Shadowman99 wrote:And 'Canadians'. There's always lots to say about Canadians. :|
FormerReader wrote:How about the topic of Canadians as food. I like that one. :P
Wait... what? Hey! :o

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

FormerReader wrote:
I had forgotten about that discussion. :lol:

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

lorddunlow wrote:
FormerReader wrote:
Is that how you get Canadian bacon?? :kidaround:
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
FormerReader wrote:
Is that how you get Canadian bacon?? :kidaround:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MarrowMan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

this topic has strayed off topic, hasn't it? facepalm

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

MarrowMan wrote:this topic has strayed off topic, hasn't it? facepalm
I thought that was the goal at VF.com - derailing threads as quickly as possible and as far from the OP as possible.

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek

Post by bygranddesign »

I posted this in another thread but maybe it belongs here since it's speculation?

Maybe Dr. Kuretich is part of Omen Industries?

In the first issue of Bloodshot #1, Dr. Kuretich group captures Bloodshot with the help of an image projection of Bloodshot's "fake son" and the firepower of a couple of guys in the shadows. Could that have been the 1st appearance of Hard Corps?
The power to create an image projection + the firepower to take out Bloodshot seems like it might be the M.O of Hard Corps.

I'm re-reading bloodshot right now - trying to see if Dr. Kuretich's group was ever actually given a name... if not, it makes sense that he works for a powerful corporation given the advanced technology and resources he has at his disposal.

additionally the fact that Dr. Kuretich's led Bloodhsot to lead the Harbinger children out of Project Rising Spirit would make further sense if he worked for Omen Industries because part of their goal was to control Harbinger's.
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

bygranddesign wrote:I posted this in another thread but maybe it belongs here since it's speculation?

An interesting wrinkle. I don't think I've seen that possibility posted before. And for all we know at this point, it could be Orb.

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

bygranddesign wrote:I posted this in another thread but maybe it belongs here since it's speculation?

In the first issue of Bloodshot #1, Dr. Kuretich group captures Bloodshot with the help of an image projection of Bloodshot's "fake son" and the firepower of a couple of guys in the shadows. Could that have been the 1st appearance of Hard Corps?
The power to create an image projection + the firepower to take out Bloodshot seems like it might be the M.O of Hard Corps.

I'm re-reading bloodshot right now - trying to see if Dr. Kuretich's group was ever actually given a name... if not, it makes sense that he works for a powerful corporation given the advanced technology and resources he has at his disposal.

additionally the fact that Dr. Kuretich's led Bloodhsot to lead the Harbinger children out of Project Rising Spirit would make further sense if he worked for Omen Industries because part of their goal was to control Harbinger's.
I completely agree, the pieces are really starting to come together.

Carson

Post by Carson »

Great theory!
AKA "The Anti-Chartist: he who made Charty go Sharty"
---------------------
Valiant Fan # 2021
---------------------
G.I. Joe Fan #1
http://www.3DJoes.com

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Cool theory - will have to go back and read those earlier issues of Bloodshot now...

bygranddesign

Post by bygranddesign »

Possible foreshadowing in Bloodshot #4 - the character Kara, the paramedic, mentions a brother who was a soldier that got severely injured and was at a military hospital. She wonder's whether bloodshot's abilities to heal could help her brother. Could be foreshadowing - her brother could be a possible candidate for H.A.R.D Corps.

Considering she helps Bloodshot break into PRS and free's the Harbinger children (which we assume is what Kuretich wanted) - I would think Kuretich now owes her. And if the connection between Kuretich and HARD Corps is true then that would be the opening for her brother to join HARD Corps.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

FormerReader wrote:
:lol: When i read this, I immediately thought of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode with the Alien cookbook... Now I'm mentally subbing 'Canadians' in place of 'Humans'...

'How to Cook Canadians' - ! :o ! - oh wait (dusts off cover a bit);
'How to Cook For Canadians' - oh, that's ok - oh wait, there's more (dusts off cover again);
'How to Cook Forty Canadians' - ! :o !

Etc... :lol:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Burrito Boy
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

grendeljd wrote:
FormerReader wrote:
:lol: When i read this, I immediately thought of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode with the Alien cookbook... Now I'm mentally subbing 'Canadians' in place of 'Humans'...

'How to Cook Canadians' - ! :o ! - oh wait (dusts off cover a bit);
'How to Cook For Canadians' - oh, that's ok - oh wait, there's more (dusts off cover again);
'How to Cook Forty Canadians' - ! :o !

Etc... :lol:
Have you ever seen the episode of The Twilight Zone that The Simpsons was parodying? It's called "To Serve Man" and is based on a short story of the same name by Damon Knight. I highly recommend both the story and the episode for anyone who enjoyed that particular Treehouse of Horror.

Yeah, yeah, I know everbody already knows about it. But you never know...there could be somebody out there who needs to be warned about fraternizing with aliens.

pixierosa
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by pixierosa »

Have to admit I enjoy the silliness of this board. :lol: I can just imagine what it would be like to have a bunch of us in the same room. Shenanigans! :kidaround:
"Sorry, no. You are absolutely about to pepper spray the wrong guy."

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

pixierosa wrote:Have to admit I enjoy the silliness of this board. :lol: I can just imagine what it would be like to have a bunch of us in the same room. Shenanigans! :kidaround:
The last time I was in a room with several of my VF.com bretheren, we got to grill Dino about what was happening with the new Valiant.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Chiclo wrote:
pixierosa wrote:Have to admit I enjoy the silliness of this board. :lol: I can just imagine what it would be like to have a bunch of us in the same room. Shenanigans! :kidaround:
The last time I was in a room with several of my VF.com bretheren, we got to grill Dino about what was happening with the new Valiant.
Why not me?!?!?!? I so wish I could have got to go to SDCC this year.

pixierosa
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by pixierosa »

C2E2 anyone?
"Sorry, no. You are absolutely about to pepper spray the wrong guy."

FormerReader

Post by FormerReader »

Chiclo wrote:

You grilled Dino?!?! :o

I thought we were talking about eating Canadians? :?

MarrowMan
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

Us Canadians taste AWFUL! It's all the Moose and Beaver we eat. (no pun on the latter one)

Shadowman99
Favorite title: XO Manowar

Post by Shadowman99 »

Burrito Boy wrote: Have you ever seen the episode of The Twilight Zone that The Simpsons was parodying? It's called "To Serve Man" and is based on a short story of the same name by Damon Knight.
I've seen that one a bunch of times, it's got a nice twist at the end :)

I know for a fact that I followed a link here on VF somewhere that led to a synopsis on another website of the Harbinger Wars issues, and it stated for a fact that during the Harbinger wars, it's revealed that Kuretich is working for Harada.

I'm afraid I can't find the link again now though. I'll repost it if I do.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Shadowman99
Favorite title: XO Manowar

Post by Shadowman99 »

Shadowman99 wrote: I know for a fact that I followed a link here on VF somewhere that led to a synopsis on another website of the Harbinger Wars issues, and it stated for a fact that during the Harbinger wars, it's revealed that Kuretich is working for Harada.

In fact, forget that, I've just looked over Bloodshot #9 again and it's revealed on the last page that Kuretich is working for Harada.

Fact.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

bygranddesign

Post by bygranddesign »

bygranddesign wrote:Possible foreshadowing in Bloodshot #4 - the character Kara, the paramedic, mentions a brother who was a soldier that got severely injured and was at a military hospital. She wonder's whether bloodshot's abilities to heal could help her brother. Could be foreshadowing - her brother could be a possible candidate for H.A.R.D Corps.

Considering she helps Bloodshot break into PRS and free's the Harbinger children (which we assume is what Kuretich wanted) - I would think Kuretich now owes her. And if the connection between Kuretich and HARD Corps is true then that would be the opening for her brother to join HARD Corps.
With the announced Bloodshot Hardcorps title change - it looks like this MIGHT be the direction they are heading with Kara and her injured brother both joining HARD CORPS.

And do we know for sure Pulse is dead? (yeah, i know, i'm grasping here ..i need to get over it, but maybe saving her is part of what drives Bloodshot to agree to join HARDCORPS?)