Bloodshot 0 Platinum: Legit?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Re: Bloodshot 0 Platinum: Legit?

Post by kjjohanson »

depluto wrote:I know, I was just kidding. To me it seems like the dude just didn't really know much about the comic, thought he had something big but didn't realize it was actually just a common book. I'd say "honest mistake" but somebody could have been really screwed.
My gut is that it was an intentional deception, but it was probably reported and ebay shut it down.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

To convolute things further I would say this seller has some rare items, currently a Psi Lords VVSS. And this has to be at least his/her second copy, because I purchased one from him/her a few weeks ago. Just saying that if anyone would have a BS Plat, it might be a seller with copies of other VHTF Valiants...

kjjohanson
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

GGSAE wrote:To convolute things further I would say this seller has some rare items, currently a Psi Lords VVSS. And this has to be at least his/her second copy, because I purchased one from him/her a few weeks ago. Just saying that if anyone would have a BS Plat, it might be a seller with copies of other VHTF Valiants...
And you got the rare item as described?
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

mramsterdam wrote:Bloodshot gets to them before the auction ends.
I was talking about WallyWest. Last seen, he was promising us a YouTube video documenting his process. I guess in a put-up-or-shut-up situation, shut-up won.

peepholism
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by peepholism »

GGSAE wrote:To convolute things further I would say this seller has some rare items, currently a Psi Lords VVSS. And this has to be at least his/her second copy, because I purchased one from him/her a few weeks ago. Just saying that if anyone would have a BS Plat, it might be a seller with copies of other VHTF Valiants...
I'm also interested in your experiences with this seller. I've been in touch, but clearly you have an actual experience to go on...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

kjjohanson wrote:
And you got the rare item as described?
Yes, a beautiful copy. 9.6/9.8 guaranteed. I have it listed on ebay right now with a BO offer, as it's one of my doubles, but if it doesn't sell, I'll hold onto it...

peepholism

Post by peepholism »

I've had a bunch of contact with this seller. He claimed to have accepted a best offer on the "Platinum" and to own a subsequent copy which he offered me. He has now also listed a "Pink/Gold" variant.

It is clear to me however that he has engaged in a LOT of fraudulent activities including artificially raising 4 or 5 auction lots that I was bidding on above my maximum bid and then retracting bids back down to my exact maximum. He has done it to other people also.

Like close to 50 retracted bid/cancelled listing notifications over the space of a couple weeks.

I've reported him to eBay. I encourage others to do the same. Even if he DOES own one or more of these items, he is not a risk worth taking.

I'd warn everyone to stay away. Even with the knowledge of GGSAE's success. I know they have more posts/reputation than I, but I love Valiant - I love comic collecting - and I feel it only fair to make people aware when this sort of thing is blatantly occurring.

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

peepholism wrote:I've had a bunch of contact with this seller. He claimed to have accepted a best offer on the "Platinum" and to own a subsequent copy which he offered me. He has now also listed a "Pink/Gold" variant.
:lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLOODSHOT-0-GOL ... 4d0c04a8c4

omg it's ONLY $2500 BIN!
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

BloodShot
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by BloodShot »

peepholism wrote:He claimed to have accepted a best offer and to own a subsequent copy which he offered me. He has now also listed a "Pink/Gold" variant.
Although it's not "impossible", the fact he says he owns not just one, but two copies is pretty unbelievable to me. The alarm bells already went off since I assume he's offering said second copy to you off-line; as well as the fact that not only others but myself as well, requested front and back hi-res UNcropped scans of the listed copy, yet he failed to provide ANY of us with those as his camera AND scanner just happened to STB :roll: . Then shortly there after, he cancels the listing facepalm .

So now, in addition to claiming to have TWO raw PLATINUMs, he also has a PINK copy? The "scan" of which just happens to match exactly the copy that's featured on this site:

http://www.recalledcomics.com/Bloodshot0.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I straight-up don't *SQUEE*in' think so :mad: .
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

BloodShot wrote:
peepholism wrote:He claimed to have accepted a best offer and to own a subsequent copy which he offered me. He has now also listed a "Pink/Gold" variant.
Although it's not "impossible", the fact he says he owns not just one, but two copies is pretty unbelievable to me. The alarm bells already went off since I assume he's offering said second copy to you off-line; as well as the fact that not only others but myself as well, requested front and back hi-res UNcropped scans of the listed copy, yet he failed to provide ANY of us with those as his camera AND scanner just happened to STB :roll: . Then shortly there after, he cancels the listing facepalm .

So now, in addition to claiming to have TWO raw PLATINUMs, he also has a PINK copy? The "scan" of which just happens to match exactly the copy that's featured on this site:

http://www.recalledcomics.com/Bloodshot0.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I straight-up don't *SQUEE*in' think so :mad: .
Yeah...pretty much...

peepholism

Post by peepholism »

He was perfectly willing to deal through eBay. But like you said. No scans were forthcoming. He offered to cut a deal with me because he messed me around on some other lots (that he listed and promptly removed). I obviously wasn't going to hand over a cent until I was convinced one way or the other. And I've been convinced he's fraudulent - not just because of the improbability of his offerings.

I'm just going to keep reporting him until they shut him down. And I hope some sucker doesn't lose big time :cry:

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

I cank think of other things I would spend $2500 USD's on. :hm:

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

drmirage wrote:I cank think of other things I would spend $2500 USD's on. :hm:

Me too! Hello Gold Key 1st appearances.

peepholism

Post by peepholism »

It's money I didn't have...but being an Australian, the potential convenience of the opportunity appealed. I'll go back to hunting Swamp Thing keys like I was prior to this minor distraction!

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

Ever since that guy came out and said these could be made, I wanted no part of them...and at $2500, crickey!

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

GGSAE wrote:Ever since that guy came out and said these could be made, I wanted no part of them...and at $2500, crickey!
He never had any proof. Just a long detailed explanation.
That's how you know it's true though. Lots of details. :roll:

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.

Post by Zero »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
GGSAE wrote:Ever since that guy came out and said these could be made, I wanted no part of them...and at $2500, crickey!
He never had any proof. Just a long detailed explanation.
That's how you know it's true though. Lots of details. :roll:
Agreed. I don't think you could manufacture a copy. Even were it possible, I see no way it could be done without leaving signs, let alone done in a way to maintain high grade.

Zero

Post by Zero »

How many known copies are there of the pink? I was under the impression (last time I checked) that there was only 1 known copy of this error. If that's the case then I still own it. I'd be more careful with a book like that than with a platinum. The platinum variety is an error of the gold that looks as if it could have been made purposefully (my understanding is that we still don't know). The pink book is just a freak. I have no doubt it was made intentionally, but probably as a joke. It has a cover price that would associate it as an error of the regular. The "Bloodshot" in the title of the cover is in gold ink that would associate it as an error of the gold. Then you add in the highly pink box with the white area around the valiant logo and it's just a really weird book. I have a hard time believing there are many (or even multiple) copies in existence.

BloodShot
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by BloodShot »

HO-LEE *SQUEE* :o !!

It's a Zero sighting 8-) !!
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

Zero

Post by Zero »

:oops: :)

drmirage
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

BloodShot wrote:HO-LEE *SQUEE* :o !!

It's a Zero sighting 8-) !!

:o

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

Did you buy that book off of chainball? It's a cool item, but like I said, the debate about the 'value' of the BS Plat will rage on until the end of time. I remember when they were first selling around 5-600$ there were many balking at it....

Zero

Post by Zero »

GGSAE wrote:Did you buy that book off of chainball? It's a cool item, but like I said, the debate about the 'value' of the BS Plat will rage on until the end of time. I remember when they were first selling around 5-600$ there were many balking at it....
Yes, I did get it from chainn. :)

Yeah, I know that the perceived value on books like these is all over the board. It doesn't matter to me since I'd have to be in serious financial trouble to ever consider selling anyway. My Bloodshot platinum 9.8 has sentimental value to me if nothing else. It was the first documented copy and first graded copy. I paid almost nothing for it (the fees from CGC were more than what I paid for the book). :thumb: