IN THE BEGINING . . .

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

xounitylord
No Longer A Registered User
Location: Sunny, and hotter than hell, Mojave Desert California.
IN THE BEGINING . . .

Post by xounitylord »

:atomic: Go back in time with me to the begining of time . . . well, not that far. Actually, when I was a small child, my uncle gave me a box of comics that had a bunch of old GOLD KEY books, including Magnus Robot Fighter, Dr. Solar, and Turok Son Of Stone. I still have them and love them. Long after, I was in a comic book store and saw Solar Man Of The Atom #1. I had to pick it up, of course, and was Impressed so much that I was instantly hooked on Valiant. This really became a frenzy once they did "UNITY", which I still believe to be the best Comic Book Cross Over of the 90's. I have almost all of the Voyager Valiant stuff and quiet a few of the Acclaim books as well. They did a wonderful job with Shadowman, which seemed to be their only big focus because they had a video game based on it (Dreamcast Version Rocks!!!). As most of you all, I was a HUGE fan of X-O Manowar, and I still think that, as a character, he was one of the best of the nineties, especially when everything was usually a Rob Liefeld Meets Spawn In a blender with Jim Lee's X-Men with a twist of Image as a whole rip off! I don't see too many Extreme Studios fans in the house. :twisted: Valiant was all pretty much original ideas, and I respected them for that and damned comic Hogs the world over for flooding the market and causing my little escape from reality to close it's doors permanantly in 2002!!!

DAMN THE MAN!!!
Welcome to wherever you are.

Manowar Class
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by Manowar Class »

Nice story. Welcome.

:)
I feel like I've been caught with my hand in the tofu."

Manowar Class

Post by Manowar Class »

Nice avatar!
I feel like I've been caught with my hand in the tofu."

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
Re: IN THE BEGINING . . .

Post by Daniel Jackson »

xounitylord wrote: They did a wonderful job with Shadowman, which seemed to be their only big focus because they had a video game based on it (Dreamcast Version Rocks!!!).

DAMN THE MAN!!![/i]

So did the N64 version. They put a lot of thought into the story line and the tone of the game made you feel like you were really immersed in both of Shadowman's different worlds (Deadside and here). It is definitely a must play game.

xounitylord
No Longer A Registered User
Location: Sunny, and hotter than hell, Mojave Desert California.

Post by xounitylord »

Thanx' for the welcome. Oh, and the DC Version of Shadowman was a enhanced version of the N64 Original, much better that the Dummied down Playstation port . . . UGH!
Welcome to wherever you are.