Where's Ninjak?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Where's Ninjak?

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

BugsySig wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Man Of The Atom wrote:From what we have seen of Ninjak I kind of don't think that he needs his own title. I know that it is coming, I'm just not sure if it is going to be awesome.

It's actually the first VEI title that I am a little skeptical of.
I agree! I think this version of Ninjak is a big improvement on the VH1 version but that said, I'm not sure it's a strong enough character to hold a solo series? I'd rather Ninjak appear from time to time in some of the other books.
Or lead a team of secret weapons... :hm:
I agree - I think the end of XO #8 leads us in that direction. The other posibility is he is part of the new HARD Corps as the leader of that group...I see HC taking on more than Harbingers and could flow nicely from XO #8.

That said, I think a Secret Weapons comprising Ninjak (as the leader), Mary-Maria, Stronghold, and some other members would be fantastic!

CallMeBloodshot
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Venditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by CallMeBloodshot »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
caniac wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:Alright this just hatched a little scenario in my head.

Rai vs Ninjak fight to the death. To keep this relevant lets say the winner gets his own solo title. Who would win? Who would we want to win?
Rai :headbang:
+1 Rai would kick his *SQUEE*
Agreed. Obviously this leaves a lot to the imagination as we don't know VEI Ninjak too well and Rai has yet to make himself known. But if both characters are aroundabout the same as their previous interpretations, I think it has to go to Rai IMO.

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

CallMeBloodshot wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
caniac wrote:

Rai vs Ninjak fight to the death. To keep this relevant lets say the winner gets his own solo title. Who would win? Who would we want to win?
Rai :headbang:
+1 Rai would kick his *SQUEE*
Agreed. Obviously this leaves a lot to the imagination as we don't know VEI Ninjak too well and Rai has yet to make himself known. But if both characters are aroundabout the same as their previous interpretations, I think it has to go to Rai IMO.
good points :thumb: I was just going by the fact that Rai is cooler and would kick his *SQUEE* :lol:
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

CallMeBloodshot

Burrito Boy wrote:

:hm: I don't know what VEI Ninjak is like and nobody knows what VEI Rai is like so this is a tough one to answer. Going by what little VH1 Rai and Ninjak that I've read...I'd go with Ninjak. Mainly because I've read more Ninjak than Rai. I have a Rai TPB that I really need to read. Once I do, I might change my answer.
I think you might..

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

CallMeBloodshot wrote:
Burrito Boy wrote:

:hm: I don't know what VEI Ninjak is like and nobody knows what VEI Rai is like so this is a tough one to answer. Going by what little VH1 Rai and Ninjak that I've read...I'd go with Ninjak. Mainly because I've read more Ninjak than Rai. I have a Rai TPB that I really need to read. Once I do, I might change my answer.
I think you might..

*SQUEE*!!!

Which issue is that from?

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

CallMeBloodshot wrote:
I think you might..
YEAH BUDDY! now that's what i'm talkin bout! that's the best Rai none of that Future Force nonsense.
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PSN- gorakthebunny

CallMeBloodshot

Burrito Boy wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
Burrito Boy wrote:

I think you might..

*SQUEE*!!!

Which issue is that from?
Rai #2. Probably the best panel I've seen this week :D

String
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by String »

Wait a minute......Rai has red circles on his feet???

Well in this match-up fight, having read very little of either character so far, I will say that anyone who carry such a striking design on their feet with success must kick mucho butto. :clap:

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Love that panel! :clap:

I think the Ninjak will likely make a guest appearance in a VEI title soon - just not sure what one and surprised we haven't seen anything about it in a solicit.
Multum In Parvo

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

The Dirt Gang wrote:Love that panel! :clap:

I think the Ninjak will likely make a guest appearance in a VEI title soon - just not sure what one and surprised we haven't seen anything about it in a solicit.
He could easily appear in the Sect Civil War storyline, or re-appear in XO. He and Gilly could have a sweet throw-down, too.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

CallMeBloodshot

The Dirt Gang wrote:Love that panel! :clap:

Yep gotta love Rai here.

And yeah I'm suspecting another appearance before he gets a solo.

Man Of The Atom
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite artist: Ramon Villalobos

Post by Man Of The Atom »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
I think you might..
YEAH BUDDY! now that's what i'm talkin bout! that's the best Rai none of that Future Force nonsense.
Whenever anybody is talking a out Rai being cool, I always assume they are talking about pre-future force Rai

Zaphod
Zaphod's just this guy, you know?
Favorite character: VH1 - Armstrong
Favorite title: VEI - Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Zaphod »

Man Of The Atom wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
I think you might..
Whenever anybody is talking a out Rai being cool, I always assume they are talking about pre-future force Rai
This I don't understand. Tohru was a whiny *SQUEE*, whose greatest achievement was distracting Mother God and getting killed. He failed his father, he failed Japan and most of his existence was complaining about how bored he was and how he disliked his lot in life. Takao was a much more complex character who dealt with much greater odds and though he died as well, he was at least important in defeating the Malev emperor rather than being a distraction for the rescuing of Solar.
What we need is innovation and even revolution—but not so much in the form of marketing ploys and doohickeys. What is needed is bold creative vision, excellent stories, and brilliant storytelling, in a word, entertainment. -- Jim Shooter

Man Of The Atom
Favorite artist: Ramon Villalobos

Post by Man Of The Atom »

Zaphod wrote:
Man Of The Atom wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
I think you might..
This I don't understand. Tohru was a whiny *SQUEE*, whose greatest achievement was distracting Mother God and getting killed. He failed his father, he failed Japan and most of his existence was complaining about how bored he was and how he disliked his lot in life. Takao was a much more complex character who dealt with much greater odds and though he died as well, he was at least important in defeating the Malev emperor rather than being a distraction for the rescuing of Solar.
I hate when people make good points, haha.
One thing about him being whiny though, is that he was relatable.
As a kid as soon as I saw his pony tail I really wanted to cut it off. :mad:
I haven't read Rai all the way through, but I liked the first books more than the future force books.

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Zaphod wrote:
Man Of The Atom wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
I think you might..
damn it...yeah you're right. but Tohru looks cooler so he still wins :lol:

PSN- gorakthebunny

Zaphod
Favorite character: VH1 - Armstrong
Favorite title: VEI - Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Zaphod »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
Zaphod wrote:
Man Of The Atom wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
I think you might..
I will give you that, Tohru's look trumps Takao's. Remember though, Takao totally cuckolded Magnus. That is bad-*SQUEE* pimp stylin, yo.
What we need is innovation and even revolution—but not so much in the form of marketing ploys and doohickeys. What is needed is bold creative vision, excellent stories, and brilliant storytelling, in a word, entertainment. -- Jim Shooter

CallMeBloodshot

Zaphod wrote:
Man Of The Atom wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
I think you might..
O.o spoilers for me as Im just reading Rai. I guess that was inevitable though.

But I wouldn't characterize Tohru that way. Saying hes whiny really sells the character short. If you remember people hated him. His struggle to do right when there was rarely such a clear moral choice to be made only added to his inner turmoil. i find Tohru very relatable, because weve all been in those situations where the difference between right and wrong is an entirely gray area or dealing with making the wrong choice. That's precisely why I like Tohru - he's Japan's guardian, a man who's supposed to be of the people, yet he is completely alienated from them. Idk, that resonates with me I guess.

BugsySig
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
Zaphod wrote:
Man Of The Atom wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
CallMeBloodshot wrote:
I think you might..
If Takao looked more like Tohru, people would have liked him more.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Zaphod wrote: I will give you that, Tohru's look trumps Takao's. Remember though, Takao totally cuckolded Magnus. That is bad-*SQUEE* pimp stylin, yo.
yeah big pimpin' spendin' g's

I got your woman Magnus, maybe you can go stick your *SQUEE* in that robot chick.

PSN- gorakthebunny

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

BugsySig wrote: If Takao looked more like Tohru, people would have liked him more.
probably. I always hated Takao's look it was pretty lame and hard to get past.

PSN- gorakthebunny

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Dawned on me that Ninjak could be anywhere. He is a ninja after all. Maybe VEI is releasing this information ninja style. It's some now you see me, now you don't *SQUEE*.
Multum In Parvo

shadow5555
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by shadow5555 »

Let me fix that for you.
Zaphod wrote: This I don't understand. Tohru was a awesome *SQUEE*, whose greatest achievement was his fearlessness in the face of overwhelming odds when he distracted Mother God and selflessly sacrified himself to help end unity. Even though ultimately his sacrifice caused Japan misery, he was never forgotten, and even though he did not like being forced to follow his destiny he assumed the mantle and become one of the revered Rai who ever lived. :wink:

Takao on the other hand was a much bigger *SQUEE* of a character, not well liked, manipulative and had no whims when it came to betraying his allies due to his **awesome** harbinger ability to inspire people and bed his friends women. And he eventually got what was coming to him when Magnus broke his fool neck, and not a moment too soon. More like he had a god-complex since he had the blood of heroes (yee-haw) and was nothing like Bloodshot or Rai, he was a monk, who didn't act anything like a monk. Sure he had big issues as well, but he had no qualms about sacrificing others for his greater good, he shouldn't have betrayed Magnus and could have been a much more respected character (and more well liked by fans) if he wasn't such a uncouth clod. Of the two Rai's it's no wonder why no one likes him, also that sissy pony tail he wore, either grow it out like Boniface or go home. Loser. :lol:
Much better.

I couldn't find any scans of my favorite panel where Magnus does what he should have done twenty-ish issues prior, but instead I bring a pimping picture of the ONE-TRUE RAI in action figure form. Gaze upon it's awesomeness. :clap:

Source
I AM The Night!!!

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Very cool custom RAI figure! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And a ton of incredible custom Valiant Figs on that site too. Very Impressive. Hawkeyeps, you'd better take a peek, there's a custom Erika Pierce in there...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

grendeljd wrote:Very cool custom RAI figure! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And a ton of incredible custom Valiant Figs on that site too. Very Impressive. Hawkeyeps, you'd better take a peek, there's a custom Erika Pierce in there...
Very cool, the XO figures are particularly impressive.

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

I never considered Tohru to be whiny. I thought he was much like any of us would be if we grew up having our entire life planned out for us. He simply rebelled, then later, chose duty over desire. He was always trying to do what was right, even though there was no way to know at the time what was the right path to take. In that way he was incredibly relatable, since I think most of us are caught in that same situation; trying to do right, but not always knowing, for certain, the right choice to make.

If he'd had the power of mindlock and a pony tail, he would have been the ultimate fighting machine.