Need advice on buying a collection

Non-VALIANT items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall
Need advice on buying a collection

Post by Heath »

I've encountered a somewhat decent collection that someone is wanting to sell. There's a lot of silver age stuff. They've named a price and I'm thinking about it, but would really like some advice. I'd need to sell some of it myself to help recover my cost. To do that, some of it might need to be professionally graded and I have no experience with that.

Can someone with experience in this, who might be willing to help, shoot me a PM?
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Re: Need advice on buying a collection

Post by GGSAE »

Heath wrote:I've encountered a somewhat decent collection that someone is wanting to sell. There's a lot of silver age stuff. They've named a price and I'm thinking about it, but would really like some advice. I'd need to sell some of it myself to help recover my cost. To do that, some of it might need to be professionally graded and I have no experience with that.

Can someone with experience in this, who might be willing to help, shoot me a PM?
If you give us some more feedback we can help you. What books are they, and what are you looking to flip or hold? I'm sure you can get lots of good slabbing advice, but we would need to see some pictures (which I know you probably don't have).

P.S. Unless you think someone else is going to offer them to buy the lot, you might as well counter. Have you seen the lot yet?

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Re: Need advice on buying a collection

Post by ckb »

Heath wrote:I've encountered a somewhat decent collection that someone is wanting to sell. There's a lot of silver age stuff. They've named a price and I'm thinking about it, but would really like some advice. I'd need to sell some of it myself to help recover my cost. To do that, some of it might need to be professionally graded and I have no experience with that.

Any help you need Heath, just ask.