Raddies are PTs?

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Raddies are PTs?

Post by jmatt »

As I mentioned in another thread, if you look at the Raddies arm holding the gun when Rai slices it, his arm appear to be mechanical, robotic.

Rai guts him and he connects two wires (which we never see), and there's an explosion.

Is it possible Raddies are PTs? Or some other kind of robot? Is that why they want to free the PTs?

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: Raddies are PTs?

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I thought it was just his shirt material myself. Didn't look robotic to me. The PT's are designed to look so human that they have to have the blue circle thingy on their foreheads so you can tell the difference. Why would one have an obviously robotic arm?
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

first_citizenx
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by first_citizenx »

Phoenix8008 wrote:Why would one have an obviously robotic arm?
Well, Luke Skywalker got a robot hand when his real one was cut off. 8-)

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Phoenix8008 wrote:I thought it was just his shirt material myself. Didn't look robotic to me. The PT's are designed to look so human that they have to have the blue circle thingy on their foreheads so you can tell the difference. Why would one have an obviously robotic arm?
Somebody else pointed out the fabric, so perhaps I'm off the mark. But if not, I'm thinking that perhaps there's some kind of connection, like the Raddies are somehow Freewill PTs trying to free their brethren. I think it would be an interesting angle, and very much in keeping with the theme of VH1 Magnus and Rai.

Baramos
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Baramos »

jmatt wrote:As I mentioned in another thread, if you look at the Raddies arm holding the gun when Rai slices it, his arm appear to be mechanical, robotic.

Rai guts him and he connects two wires (which we never see), and there's an explosion.

Is it possible Raddies are PTs? Or some other kind of robot? Is that why they want to free the PTs?
He has a rivulet of blood running down his fingers which you may have thought were lines demarcating joints in a robot hand. But if you look at the top finger, it's clearly blood.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Baramos wrote:
jmatt wrote:As I mentioned in another thread, if you look at the Raddies arm holding the gun when Rai slices it, his arm appear to be mechanical, robotic.

He has a rivulet of blood running down his fingers which you may have thought were lines demarcating joints in a robot hand. But if you look at the top finger, it's clearly blood.

Well, since they are designed to be companions and sex partners, I think PTs are robots sheathed in flesh and blood, like Terminators. Which further dismisses my theory based on that one panel.

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

Baramos wrote:

I think I had to go back a panel to confirm when I read that, but that's clearly the result (a split second later) of Rai's sword having just chopped off the perp's fingers.

Of course, what we're thinking is blood could be entirely synthetic. Who can say what the PTs are made from. (I don't think any indication was given.)
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.