Create a comic book character

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Create a comic book character

Post by Chiclo »

grendeljd wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Brother Darque wrote:Enema Man - give's criminals enemas.
:lol:
I loved that epic storyline where he lost faith in the system and ended up going on a vigilante-style attack spree to take down the government. I think it was called 'Enema Of The State' or something like that... really dark & gritty turning point for the character.
When you say "dark and gritty" with respect to Enema Man, which way do you mean it?

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Chiclo wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
I loved that epic storyline where he lost faith in the system and ended up going on a vigilante-style attack spree to take down the government. I think it was called 'Enema Of The State' or something like that... really dark & gritty turning point for the character.
When you say "dark and gritty" with respect to Enema Man, which way do you mean it?
EWWW
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Chiclo wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
I dont think I need to spell it out for you, but the story starts off under d.i.a.r.r. circumstances...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

Edward Coli. Proudly goes by E. Coli. CEO of a major food producer known for taking shortcuts with food safety for the sake of profits.
Last edited by StarBrand on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:38:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

The Mustache. Gives rides.
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Heath wrote:The Mustache. Gives rides.
And his sidekick The Shocker.

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

grendeljd wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
I dont think I need to spell it out for you, but the story starts off under d.i.a.r.r. circumstances...
:bigeyes:
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

grendeljd wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Maybe this off-colour joke here is responsible for my stomach bug I have been fighting the last couple of days?

Brother Darque
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Brother Darque »

Chiclo wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Maybe this off-colour joke here is responsible for my stomach bug I have been fighting the last couple of days?
i freakin' love you guys!

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

lorddunlow wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
EWWW
EWWW's archenemy is the Immortal Enema.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I was reading Deathmate Black today (the collection was out and I grabbed some reading material on my way to the can) and was inspired to create a new team of superheroes:

Grimace, Growl, Snarly and Scowler: Four super badasses that specialize in spitting their dialogue through clenched teeth. They all, however, have an affliction that makes their faces covered with scratchy lines that converge toward the point of their nose.

Rounding out the group is the babe, Thonglicious. She doesn't really have any powers but she does have boobs as big as her head and a twelve inch waist. And she always stands on her toes.

Together, they save the universe with incredibly terse imperative orders barked through their steely visages.
Last edited by jmatt on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:05:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Here's a snippet of some action dialogue:

Thonglicious: "I sense incoming warheads! Everybody down!"

Scowler: "They're coming in hot! Hit the deck!"

Growl: "Snarly! Activate defenses!"

Snarly: "Dammit! It's no good! They're being jammed!"

Grimace: "We've got no choice! Everybody to the Safe Room!"

Scowler: "No! We have just one chance! Initiate the Omega Protocol!"

Thonglicious: "But we don't even know if it still works after the attack from Doctor BloodDeath!"

Snarly: "We've got to try! That's an order!"
Last edited by jmatt on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

And here's a snippet of some character building dialogue:

Thonglicious: "I sense lunchtime! Let's order some food! Is everybody down?!"

Scowler: "Let's get something hot! Meatball parm!"

Growl: "Snarly! Get Pizza-Go on the hotline!"

Snarly: "Dammit! It's no good! They're being jammed!"

Grimace: "We've got no choice! We'll just have to drive down there!"

Scowler: "No! We have just one chance! Initiate an online order!"

Thonglicious: "But we don't even know if it still works after the attack from Doctor BloodDeath!"

Snarly: "We've got to try! That's an order! And get me Cheese Fries!"

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Toe, the Unconquered.- He survived a nuclear bomb with only a heinous looking toe as a result. Now, he wanders a post-apocalyptic land without shoes on.

omega_override
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2014

Post by omega_override »

I've honestly come up with too many. Here's a quick rundown of my favorites

Desert Eagle: Lyda and Jules Canterbury are on a pilgrimage to Jackal Hope, a land of milk and honey in the midst of the lawless wild west. A third of the way there, they’re attacked by bandits and left for dead. Lyda, half alive, is found and rescued by a group of Native Americans. Through her process of recovery, she is told by the tribe's shaman that she was guarded from the vultures by her spirit animal, the Eagle; spirit of the southernmost wind

The Black Scarab: Richard Keyler, an accomplished archeologist, goes missing after discovering a dark secret of Kohefet, the hermaphrodite prince of the southern nile of Egypt. He awakes sometime later on a seemingly deserted island hundreds, if not thousands of miles away from home. He later discovers, with the help of a beautiful tribal woman, that he is now imbued with the otherworldly powers of Anubis, the mythological judger of the damned. He uses these abilities to punish the guilty and evil of heart in modern day America as "The Black Scarab"

The Paper Wasp: The year is 1969, after losing hope in winning the Vietnam War and in President Nixon during the midst of the tumultuous Watergate scandal, a new division of the US Army is created; Project Deathwish. It's mission? To drum up renewed faith in American patriotism by sending out super soldiers to win the Vietnam War once and for all. Ten years later, the three soldiers are now dangerous mercenaries for hire working for a highly secretive man named "Hivemind" and the deadliest of them all is Dean Asher, the man they call The Paper Wasp

The Stargale: For centuries a bitter blood feud has been brewing on the fair planet of Korath. In the bleakest hours of the five year war between the houses of Dreadlis and Opellian, a translucent figure emerges from the swamps and offers Valeshia Dreadlis a gift; a branding of the universe on her wrist that will be passed down from mother to child until a great cosmic evil emerges. Now in the Amber Century, young nobleman Sayrn Dreadlyis is nearing his 18th birthday where he shall be christened of age and given new responsibilities. It is also on this fateful day that he shall know the true power of his arm branding

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

omega_override wrote:The Paper Wasp: The year is 1969, after losing hope in winning the Vietnam War and in President Nixon during the midst of the tumultuous Watergate scandal, a new division of the US Army is created; Project Deathwish. It's mission? To drum up renewed faith in American patriotism by sending out super soldiers to win the Vietnam War once and for all. Ten years later, the three soldiers are now dangerous mercenaries for hire working for a highly secretive man named "Hivemind" and the deadliest of them all is Dean Asher, the man they call The Paper Wasp
I like that one a lot. :thumb:

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Tim wrote:
omega_override wrote:The Paper Wasp: The year is 1969, after losing hope in winning the Vietnam War and in President Nixon during the midst of the tumultuous Watergate scandal, a new division of the US Army is created; Project Deathwish. It's mission? To drum up renewed faith in American patriotism by sending out super soldiers to win the Vietnam War once and for all. Ten years later, the three soldiers are now dangerous mercenaries for hire working for a highly secretive man named "Hivemind" and the deadliest of them all is Dean Asher, the man they call The Paper Wasp
Me too. Are you doing any writing, omega_override?

Tim

Post by Tim »

StarBrand wrote:
Tim wrote:
I smell more Surprising Comics!

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Tim wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Tim wrote:
I smell more Surprising Comics!
:hm:

omega_override

Post by omega_override »

StarBrand wrote:
Tim wrote:
Yes actually, on my OC tumblr, Zebra Print Press. Most of what I write, as you can see, is an attempt at an inspired homage towards old dime store pulp novels

Also I originally wanted to call Dean "Yellow Jacket" after this insane superhero from the '40's but that name is already taken by the Ant Man for one of his many alternate forms :/
Last edited by omega_override on Tue May 05, 2015 2:02:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim

Post by Tim »

omega_override wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Tim wrote:
Yes actually, on my OC tumblr, Zebra Print Press. Most of what I write, as you can see, is an attempt at an inspired homage towards old dime store pulp novels
Cool! I always thought you just wrote fanfic based on the O.C. television series!

omega_override

Post by omega_override »

Tim wrote:Cool! I always thought you just wrote fanfic based on the O.C. television series!
No and I've always had trouble writing fan fiction because I want to try and be as accurate as I can to the original

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

omega_override wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Tim wrote:

Also I originally wanted to call Dean "Yellow Jacket" after this insane superhero from the '40's but that name is already taken by the Ant Man for one of his many alternate forms :/
That's way cool! I'm writing a comic right now with heavy pulp influences.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

StarBrand wrote:That's way cool! I'm writing a comic right now with heavy pulp influences.
The reason for your departure?

omega_override

Post by omega_override »

There's also this character that, while I had a very hard time writing a story for him, I want to try and allude to him my other sci-fi stories. Basically he's from this race of asexual symbiotes who evolved from the ashes of Cerebus, the three-headed guard dog of hell. He's Death/The Grim Reaper's right hand man and a servant of Satan who has to kill God, who's gone mad due to no one being able to die because of the scientific advances in the far future, before he destroys the universe (very long winded I know :P )

The story was going to told backwards in three "books", starting in the far future, then the early 1990's, and then the Medevil ages

He also doesn't really have much in the way of a name persay, but the press refers to him as "The Star Horror"