Reading/Re-Reading Archer & Armstrong

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

OmenSpirits.com
Reading/Re-Reading Archer & Armstrong

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

I'm finding it interesting so far. I never knew Archer's origin till now.

VERY different origin I must say. :o :thumb:

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

0 through 12 were great books...once BWS left however, they took a nose dive...maybe not a power dive like many of the titles, but they definitely lost their edge after 12...
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Sect
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Sect »

yup very true.

but I liked how they were different and refreshing, it wasn't too heavy or serious and it was a change of pace from the "deeper" titles

jcdenton
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by jcdenton »

It was revealed later, I'm thinking in Secrets of the Valiant Universe, that Archer was a Harbinger. But what seems strange is that his powers manifested themselves before he experienced any major trauma, which is pretty much unique for anyone except Harada and Sting.

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

jcdenton wrote:It was revealed later, I'm thinking in Secrets of the Valiant Universe, that Archer was a Harbinger. But what seems strange is that his powers manifested themselves before he experienced any major trauma, which is pretty much unique for anyone except Harada and Sting.
No I just got it and nothing about Archer was in there (their was a page devoted to the immortal brothers but not Archer). I'm thinking it MAY have been in Rai 0. Either that or they started mentioning it in places outside the comics, like Valiant Reader. I can tell you for sure in a month when I get access to my comic collection that's been in storage but you guys can look it up faster than that.

k_c_collectibles
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!

Post by k_c_collectibles »

jcdenton wrote:It was revealed later, I'm thinking in Secrets of the Valiant Universe, that Archer was a Harbinger. But what seems strange is that his powers manifested themselves before he experienced any major trauma, which is pretty much unique for anyone except Harada and Sting.
His childhood wasn't a major trauma? I haven't read the books in a while, but weren't his parents total nut jobs?

Chris
Hundreds of Valiant and Acclaim comics for GREAT prices! http://www.webstore.com/shop.php?user_id=96791

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

k_c_collectibles wrote:
His childhood wasn't a major trauma? I haven't read the books in a while, but weren't his parents total nut jobs?

Chris
More like perverted nut jobs.

OmenSpirits.com

Daniel Jackson wrote:
k_c_collectibles wrote:

Chris
More like perverted nut jobs.
that liked to torture and rape children of both sexs and cut them with knives.

I'd say that was traumatic. :thumb:

jcdenton

Post by jcdenton »

Yes, but at the beginning of A&O 0 he already had his abilities, before finding out his parents were complete nut jobs (and before they "killed" him).

OmenSpirits.com

jcdenton wrote:Yes, but at the beginning of A&O 0 he already had his abilities, before finding out his parents were complete nut jobs (and before they "killed" him).
here's an answer I just came up with.

His parents neglected him. to the point of him being emotionally abused, thereby causing his traumatic experience and his ability.

:roll: :thumb:

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

Archer activated his "power" the same way Magnus did, through concentration and sheer force of will. Assuming it was fully activated, of course.

We don't know if that was really Archer's full power. Most Harbingers showed some small portion of their power before they got "triggered." Ax was an abnormally good computer hacker. Torque was slightly stronger than a human should be. You get the idea. It's possible Archer may not have even realized his power yet.

Manowar Class
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by Manowar Class »

if anyone is totally interested, in the CE Omega i think it was Geoff that said Archer was a Harbinger. Someone commented on how fast he moved when he darted forth to catch the falling power of solar's. it may not have been Geoff, but that is the jist of it. Need to look it up... :!:
I feel like I've been caught with my hand in the tofu."