XO 6 Zircher variant

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Re: XO 6 Zircher variant

Post by tchalla8 »

MarrowMan wrote:
greg wrote:
MarrowMan wrote:ValiantComics ‏@ValiantComics

@FishAyePoker The Character Design cover is an order-all and the Zircher variant of X-O #6 is 1:50.
That's what SHOULD have happened... but didn't happen.

When was that posted?
Minute ago?
Then obviously VEI hasn't gotten word of this issue yet.
Spooooon!!!!

MarrowMan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

One would assume, but it seems like a pretttttttttty big SQUEE up not to have heard of it yet :hm: :? facepalm

iwantvaliant
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by iwantvaliant »

:popcorn: This is fascinating. I have two Zircher covers and one CD. Interested to see how this plays out.
My podcast reviews the Valiant trades: http://vepodcast.wordpress.com/
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

tchalla8 wrote:
MarrowMan wrote:
greg wrote:

@FishAyePoker The Character Design cover is an order-all and the Zircher variant of X-O #6 is 1:50.

When was that posted?
Minute ago?
Then obviously VEI hasn't gotten word of this issue yet.
I'm certain that VEI knows about the problem. Whether the person doing the tweeting knows seems to be another question. :lol:

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

If that was just posted then it appears that Valiant is still unaware (hard to believe), which is why they haven't addressed it! for $3.39

2 CD sold yesterday for $3.39 http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-O-MANOWAR-ONG ... 25769504bd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Crow331 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:17:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

kjjohanson is going by their office to pick up the TPBs so maybe he can clue them in. :)
This post has been carefully constructed so as to add absolutely nothing to any discussion or topic.

MarrowMan
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

dbngaa wrote:kjjohanson is going by their office to pick up the TPBs so maybe he can clue them in. :)
:thumb:

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

Crow331 wrote:If that was just posted then it appears that Valiant is still unaware (hard to believe), which is why they haven't addressed it! for $3.39

2 CD sold yesterday for $3.39 http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-O-MANOWAR-ONG ... 25769504bd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I snagged the last one :D
Spooooon!!!!

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-O-Manowar-6-V ... 246wt_1093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How about $3.99 for a "1:50" Zircher? Someone has caught on.
This post has been carefully constructed so as to add absolutely nothing to any discussion or topic.

Phantom..
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!

Post by Phantom.. »

Just checked the cover thinkness.
xo sketch / uniform vine has thicker cover.
The WHAT WE THOUGHT was the 1;50 variant I do not own ~ told the shop to put it in my and I would think about it

Phantom..
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!

Post by Phantom.. »

maybe valiant don't know as they would get whatever they requested.

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

MarrowMan wrote:
greg wrote:

When was that posted?
Minute ago?
That's not good, then... seems like they would at least know something about the situation.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Not that any more confirmation is needed, but same thing here. I ordered the normal and the design cover and I got the normal and the Zircher.

/Magnus

Mark Fuller
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by Mark Fuller »

Do we know if there are any stores that didn't get a glut of Zircher's? What if the print runs are as expected but Diamond got the distribution wrong and a relatively small number of stores got 'order all' quantities of the Zircher, rather than them being evenly distributed?

Clutching at straws I realise...

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Mark Fuller wrote:Do we know if there are any stores that didn't get a glut of Zircher's? What if the print runs are as expected but Diamond got the distribution wrong and a relatively small number of stores got 'order all' quantities of the Zircher, rather than them being evenly distributed?

Clutching at straws I realise...
Unlikely at this point since every report says extra Zirchers and no CDs.

If that was the case, it would be a huge cluster...of course I am all digital, so whatever :popcorn:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

pixierosa
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by pixierosa »

My shop had the regular and the character sketch variant in my pull box. There were 2 Zirchers left on the shelf. I got one, but that was before I realized there was a distribution error. No matter, I think the Zircher cover is gorgeous.

They also received the Archer & Armstrong character sketch cover that week, so I snagged one. Another distribution error? I like the cover so I was glad to get one (it was the last on the shelf - hope that means there's new Valiant fans in my town). The LCS owner said he was billed last week for a cover he didn't get but received the A&A the day before. Apparently there was another distribution issue with this last order, too. Also,he only got a few Zirchers.

I don't fully understand how the Diamond distribution works, but it's too bad the industry can't support a competitor. The Zircher snafu was major for people who pre-order and resale.
"Sorry, no. You are absolutely about to pepper spray the wrong guy."

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

*SQUEE* me off the suit sketch variant is a what? My comic shop would not order it because it was a variant now it is or its not lame situation. If anyone has a suit sketch book I'd love one please
I Miss the good old days.

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Its now been over 24 hours since this was first reported and we still have no official statement from VEI. Its a little dissapointing because I think someone from the management team should atleast say something official rather than to keep us guessing.

Sure, I'll admit that no one is perfect. Mistakes can be made, but not making an official statment to keep fans guessing makes it even worse. VEI is now on damage control because of this. VEI can simply just say something simple like.... "We dont know what is going on with the X-O #6 1:50.. and we are trying our best to control the situation and finding out what caused this problem..."

The facts are the entire management team got caught with their pants down because the 1:50 variants were not distributed correctly and LCS's are missing the Cover Designs.

I'm positive that there will be some finger pointing which can possibly be as bad as someone losing their job. (I hope not) :roll:

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

drmirage wrote:Its now been over 24 hours since this was first reported and we still have no official statement from VEI. Its a little dissapointing because I think someone from the management team should atleast say something official rather than to keep us guessing.

Sure, I'll admit that no one is perfect. Mistakes can be made, but not making an official statment to keep fans guessing makes it even worse. VEI is now on damage control because of this. VEI can simply just say something simple like.... "We dont know what is going on with the X-O #6 1:50.. and we are trying our best to control the situation and finding out what caused this problem..."

The facts are the entire management team got caught with their pants down because the 1:50 variants were not distributed correctly and LCS's are missing the Cover Designs.

I'm positive that there will be some finger pointing which can possibly be as bad as someone losing their job. (I hope not) :roll:
I think that's a little overboard. Releasing a statement saying they don't have any information only confirms what we already know, so what's the point? It's only been roughly 24 hours. Getting to the root cause of the mistake is going to take a lot longer than that. We should give them the time necessary to obtain and then provide accurate information.
Spooooon!!!!

Mark Fuller

Post by Mark Fuller »

drmirage wrote:Its now been over 24 hours since this was first reported and we still have no official statement from VEI. Its a little dissapointing because I think someone from the management team should atleast say something official rather than to keep us guessing.

It would be good to have some official clarity but lets keep things in perspective. At the end of the day, comic shops have all had copies of the issue to sell to readers. A mistake on the exact distribution patterns of a variant cover is only really going to be an irritation to a niche audience which is probably over-represented on this board.

drmirage
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Its actually been about 36 hours if you consider the time in the UK when it was first reported.

Anyhow, my point is VEI currently publishing 4 tittles. (Thats an average of 1 title per week being released)

If the print run were 20,000 copies. The publisher should be able to do the checks and balances that the ratios for printing should be:
10,000 copies Regular Cover
10,000 copies Character Display Cover
and 400 copies of the 1:50 Zircher Variant.

I would imagine if I was the publisher, its my responsibility to make sure this is what gets printed is correct. And its my job to check, double check and tripple check that these are the ratios that are made and distributed. If there were mistakes that I printed too many or too little.... Revenue gets wasted since you are making more copies than what is needed.

Now, with many LCS's reporting as many as 1:1 Zircher Variants. Someone clearly made a big goof. Now, if VEI is publishing say 20 titles per month. (An average of 5 titles per week being released) I can understand that maybe its a bit overwhelming.

So what clearly happend. No one really knows yet because we haven't heard anything official.

Is the world going to end? No it isn't.... Is this a big problem?... Clearly not. Its this imporant for Valiant Fans? Perhaps to some. Am I being a little overboard. I surely am. :wink:

Should this issue be addressed? It clearly should...

I have a theorty that maybe VEI knew what the problem was from the beginning and hoping no one would notice. :hope: There wasn't enough time to print more copies and Fred Pierce is known as a guy who has never been late for an issue. So in order not to be late... VEI just let things go as they are. Its probably a long shot, but this probably did not happen.

Another theory is the person in charge of giving the ratios to Diamond messed it up and switched things around.

Lastly, VEI can simply send a PM to Greg... which can posted as an official statment from VEI...
tchalla8 wrote: I think that's a little overboard. Releasing a statement saying they don't have any information only confirms what we already know, so what's the point? It's only been roughly 24 hours. Getting to the root cause of the mistake is going to take a lot longer than that. We should give them the time necessary to obtain and then provide accurate information.
Last edited by drmirage on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

I know that things have changed, but wanted to confirm and report the same stuff.

One copy of the CD cover.

A few copies of the 1:50.

And many of the regular.

He only ordered 50 copies.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

I am utterly confused. Was there a cd cover that was a pullbox and zircher was a 1:50 but got sent out to 40% of shops in the amount that the cd cover was ordered and the cd pullbox was sent out in the amount of the 1:50 to those 40% of shops? :?
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

The Zircher cover was a 1:50 LINE-WIDE variant.

It would be printed as 1:50 copies of all Valiant sales in October combined (all titles)... plus as many extra as VEI wanted to use as prizes, overstock, personal, etc.

If there are 70,000 total Valiant books sold in October, there would probably be at least 1,400 copies of Zircher X-O #6.
It's possible that VEI printed 2,000... but we don't know.

What we do know according to Atom! is that there are no more Zircher 1:50 books available. They're gone.

The 40% of shops that didn't receive the correct number of character design covers will be receiving them.
VEI printed as many character design covers as were ordered (plus whatever extra they wanted)
and all the ordered copies of the character design will eventually be in the market.

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

greg wrote:The Zircher cover was a 1:50 LINE-WIDE variant.

It would be printed as 1:50 copies of all Valiant sales in October combined (all titles)... plus as many extra as VEI wanted to use as prizes, overstock, personal, etc.

If there are 70,000 total Valiant books sold in October, there would probably be at least 1,400 copies of Zircher X-O #6.
It's possible that VEI printed 2,000... but we don't know.

What we do know according to Atom! is that there are no more Zircher 1:50 books available. They're gone.

The 40% of shops that didn't receive the correct number of character design covers will be receiving them.
VEI printed as many character design covers as were ordered (plus whatever extra they wanted)
and all the ordered copies of the character design will eventually be in the market.

I'll buy that.
Spooooon!!!!