USA Valiant Lending Library Story - 7,072 miles travelled

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Re: USA Valiant Lending Library Story - 7,072 miles travell

Post by kjjohanson »

Intrepidxc wrote:I loved this idea. How do we generate more interest? This is a great way to get folks reading Valiant. Perhaps we could take it over to the collector's society forums? I've seen lots of folks over there who seem interested in VEI, but don't want to take the financial plunge without some idea of what they are getting into.
Most of the people over there mostly seem interested in which books have first appearances that they can flip later for a profit, (Not all, but most; I'm there, even Dino's there, Greg is there, talking about the books first)
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

kjjohanson wrote:
Intrepidxc wrote:I loved this idea. How do we generate more interest? This is a great way to get folks reading Valiant. Perhaps we could take it over to the collector's society forums? I've seen lots of folks over there who seem interested in VEI, but don't want to take the financial plunge without some idea of what they are getting into.
Most of the people over there mostly seem interested in which books have first appearances that they can flip later for a profit, (Not all, but most; I'm there, even Dino's there, Greg is there, talking about the books first)
Yep. I also think the books would probably disappear. Too many people coming and going over there. It would be nice to get it going again around here and send it to readers that are new to give them a chance to get caught up.

Intrepidxc
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa

Post by Intrepidxc »

FormerReader wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
Yep. I also think the books would probably disappear. Too many people coming and going over there. It would be nice to get it going again around here and send it to readers that are new to give them a chance to get caught up.
Perhaps donate to a library project like several others? When I was younger I wished our library carried TPBs.

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: MRF #1
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by brucehartshorn »

Greg has the library. If somebody wants to contact him and get it moving again, that would be great :clap: