What is this variant cover mess?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

paradise
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Bart Sears
Re: What is this variant cover mess?

Post by paradise »

Since my name has been mentioned, here are my 2cents:

Pullbox variants are just regular covers. True some stores will not order them because they have this idea that they know what their customers know better than them, and do not order multiple copies, just the first code for the item available. But the availability to order pullbox covers is the same as regular covers. Neither VEI or Diamond check if you have Subs for those covers. Yes, on XO #1 we ordered 1,000 copies of the regular and 1,000 copies of the pullbox cover. Same for Harbinger 1, Bloodshot 1, and a few others since then. No restrictions.

Ratio Variants (1:10, 1:20, 1:50....) are ordered by stores as an incentive, an unspoken "thank you" for ordering X amount of books. It's store's decision what to sell them for. No decision is wrong or right, it IS their choice. It is YOUR choice whether to shop there or not.

Our subs and mail order have been mentioned, so: We offer subscriptions in both stores, and mail order (shipped monthly or 2 times per month) from our Valley store. VF members get 20% off (plus exact shipping) and get to tell us what they want to get, reg. covers, both reg. covers, later printings, 1:20s, 1:50s, one of every cover, whatever you want is what you will get as long as we have 'em.

If you want more details, pm me.
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net