Impact Comics

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
Re: Impact Comics

Post by StarBrand »

That's very kind of you, BugsySig. I'll send you a pm in the next day or two. Thanks man.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

StarBrand wrote:That's very kind of you, BugsySig. I'll send you a pm in the next day or two. Thanks man.
No problem. I'll actually be visiting my parent's in a couple weeks and can pick them up. I can let you know then exactly which issues I have.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

BugsySig wrote:
StarBrand wrote:That's very kind of you, BugsySig. I'll send you a pm in the next day or two. Thanks man.
No problem. I'll actually be visiting my parent's in a couple weeks and can pick them up. I can let you know then exactly which issues I have.
Sounds good. No rush. I'll pm you now. Thanks again.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to read anything. Hoping to get back to tackling this universe soon.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

StarBrand wrote:I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to read anything. Hoping to get back to tackling this universe soon.
:thumb:
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Well, I've been cheating on this universe. I got my run of The American (Dark Horse, 1987) and have read 5 of the 8 books. It's great. Still planning to get back to this universe though.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

StarBrand wrote:Well, I've been cheating on this universe. I got my run of The American (Dark Horse, 1987) and have read 5 of the 8 books. It's great. Still planning to get back to this universe though.
I am sure !mpact won't mind; it is a fun little run on the whole so won't mind your dalliances with other dead universes I reckon. :thumb:

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Grant Miehm, who plotted and drew Legend of the Shield on the Impact universe, was the artist on Dark Horse's The American a few years before working on LOTS. I read a commentary in LOTS #1, I believe, that stated Miehm had been working on LOTS for two years before publishing that title began. My sense is the American perhaps inspired Miehm's work on the LOTS series.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

StarBrand wrote:Grant Miehm, who plotted and drew Legend of the Shield on the Impact universe, was the artist on Dark Horse's The American a few years before working on LOTS. I read a commentary in LOTS #1, I believe, that stated Miehm had been working on LOTS for two years before publishing that title began. My sense is the American perhaps inspired Miehm's work on the LOTS series.
Looks like he has largely moved on from super-hero comics to judge by his Wikipedia page, which is a shame I think.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

leonmallett wrote:
StarBrand wrote:Grant Miehm, who plotted and drew Legend of the Shield on the Impact universe, was the artist on Dark Horse's The American a few years before working on LOTS. I read a commentary in LOTS #1, I believe, that stated Miehm had been working on LOTS for two years before publishing that title began. My sense is the American perhaps inspired Miehm's work on the LOTS series.
Looks like he has largely moved on from super-hero comics to judge by his Wikipedia page, which is a shame I think.
I checked that out. That is a shame.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

StarBrand wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
I checked that out. That is a shame.
Yep.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

StarBrand wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
You still interested? I'm at my parents this week and can grab them for you. I have a few issues of each title, almost all from a line wide crossover. Let me know.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

BugsySig wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
You still interested? I'm at my parents this week and can grab them for you. I have a few issues of each title, almost all from a line wide crossover. Let me know.
Absolutely. Thanks, BugsySig!

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

StarBrand wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Absolutely. Thanks, BugsySig!
Sweet. Once I pulled them out I noticed there aren't a lot, but I had them packages up pretty nice already. So they'll be easy to ship out :thumb:

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Thanks again!

newt138
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by newt138 »

With how good the new Black Hood Dark Circle series is,I went back and finished my run of Impact. Now just gotta find the time to read it. Read Black Hood and Jaguar back when they were coming out in the 90s. But the rest of the series I might have read one issue if any.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

newt138 wrote:With how good the new Black Hood Dark Circle series is,I went back and finished my run of Impact. Now just gotta find the time to read it. Read Black Hood and Jaguar back when they were coming out in the 90s. But the rest of the series I might have read one issue if any.
Black Hood is the real gem for me, but I liked the whole line except for the WEB, which I think was a mess of mismatching cocneots and tone, and in all, pretty awful.

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

I went down the rabbit hole of Black Hood comics because of Dark Circle's series.

I got some of the Red Circle comics (very Silver Age) and the Impact series, including the six annuals and other random issues the Hood appeared in. Love the Black Hood series. Loved it!

I'm now trying to pick up the rest of Impact since it's so cheap and, even if Black Hood is the best, entertaining. I look forward to getting the rest of the issues and reading the whole thing at once. Nothing better than a cohesive, connected universe!
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

SwiftMann wrote:I went down the rabbit hole of Black Hood comics because of Dark Circle's series.

I got some of the Red Circle comics (very Silver Age) and the Impact series, including the six annuals and other random issues the Hood appeared in. Love the Black Hood series. Loved it!

I'm now trying to pick up the rest of Impact since it's so cheap and, even if Black Hood is the best, entertaining. I look forward to getting the rest of the issues and reading the whole thing at once. Nothing better than a cohesive, connected universe!
There were some hidden gems in here for sure:)
I still find myself missing some stuff, though not long ago managed to score the DC whos who book so that was cool.
I think im struggling with latter issues of two titles and the Crucible, but my boxes are an awful mess :)
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SwiftMann
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

Draco wrote:I think im struggling with latter issues of two titles and the Crucible, but my boxes are an awful mess :)
I picked #1-5 of Crucible up for cheap. Missed #6 somehow.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

SwiftMann wrote:I went down the rabbit hole of Black Hood comics because of Dark Circle's series.

Black Hood was the absolute best of the !mpact series IMHO.The Fly was great, and I enjoyed most of the line, the BH run reads so well. :)