Magnus #0 SIGNED x2 (from Layton's stash of 40) VcVSS

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

Apparently i joined the board 1 month to late! arg..

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

THESE LOOK GREAT. Thanks Bob, Jayjay, Greg and Dino! O how I can not wait to get my number 27!
-A
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

:shock: AWESOME :shock: big thanks to all those involved in making this work :!:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

justin

Post by justin »

Dino,

When do you foresee the shipping of these? Just wondering!

-A
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Im still waiting on them to arrive but once they do I will be shipping them out the next day. I'll keep you guys informed on when it arrives. Sorry I dont have more accurate info

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

dino wrote:Im still waiting on them to arrive but once they do I will be shipping them out the next day. I'll keep you guys informed on when it arrives. Sorry I dont have more accurate info
Its cool...I will wait for this book. 8-)

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)

Post by cjv »

Damn, now I wish I had bought one of these. :(

Chris

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

I'll sell you mine for $200 to, you know, break even and all. 8-) :lol:
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

whetteon wrote:I'll sell you mine for $200 to, you know, break even and all. 8-) :lol:
I was wondering about this...How long till we see one of these up on ebay. Anyone care about maintain a list of how has them? It is only 40 books and they are all numbered so that we could easily know how has which one and we could keep track of them. Anyway just a thought...If we ever feel the need to do this it would be easier if we started from the start...does anyone not want people to know that they have one...Of coruse I dont think that we will see one on ebay anytime soon since I think that it will be a while before anyone could even come close to breaking even on something like this...Of course they might come up in a lot or something...I dont know..

justin

Post by justin »

DawgPhan wrote: I dont think that we will see one on ebay anytime soon

You might be surprised!! :twisted:

-A

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

Greg, would you list this version in price guides if there were some ebay sales on the book, or does it have to have come officially from Valiant? Just wondering?

Not that I have any intention of selling mine!

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary

Post by cjv »

Personally, I don't think these should be listed like a VVSS or something. I mean, there is no real difference between these and a comic book store arranged signing (which comes with a COA). The only possible difference would be that these comics originally came from Bob Layton - but that doesn't make them special or anything in the sense they are printed differently.

And I am not saying that just because I didn't get one. ;)

Chris

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

cjv wrote:Personally, I don't think these should be listed like a VVSS or something. I mean, there is no real difference between these and a comic book store arranged signing (which comes with a COA). The only possible difference would be that these comics originally came from Bob Layton - but that doesn't make them special or anything in the sense they are printed differently.

And I am not saying that just because I didn't get one. ;)

Chris
Well I dont think that right now they are of any real significance to anyone but the people that got them, but who knows what the future will bring. If Valiant ever became back in to favor and the characters were being printed again this could be a cool issue to have...It is limited to 40. We can prove that the signatures are legit and if we keep a record of who got which one we would know where a book has been so that you could always track the authenticy of a book if we know who owns each of them...oh well. Right now with a price tag of $34 each it might be a while till it becomes worth while to sell these books, but again you never know..

justin

Post by justin »

I will not be parting with mine, but, if memory serves, we will see one or 2 on ebay sometime soon.

-A

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary

Post by cjv »

DawgPhan wrote:Well I dont think that right now they are of any real significance to anyone but the people that got them, but who knows what the future will bring. If Valiant ever became back in to favor and the characters were being printed again this could be a cool issue to have...It is limited to 40. We can prove that the signatures are legit and if we keep a record of who got which one we would know where a book has been so that you could always track the authenticy of a book if we know who owns each of them...oh well. Right now with a price tag of $34 each it might be a while till it becomes worth while to sell these books, but again you never know..
I am not saying that they will not be a significant or valuable comic to people who are interested in them, but I don't really know how they differ from the Jim Shooter signed HArbinger TPB that was limited to 200 or so. It comes with a COA, has a limited run, put out by a reputable source, but it isn't "officially" put out by Valant, so it doesn't appear on the price guide as a separate issue.

If someone really wants one (for whatever reason - it belonged to Bob Layton, it is limited to 40, it comes from ValiantComics.com, whatever) that won't stop them from trying to get one, but it shouldn't be thought of as a Variant, special print run, or limited distribution item direct from Valiant.

Chris

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

cjv wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:Well I dont think that right now they are of any real significance to anyone but the people that got them, but who knows what the future will bring. If Valiant ever became back in to favor and the characters were being printed again this could be a cool issue to have...It is limited to 40. We can prove that the signatures are legit and if we keep a record of who got which one we would know where a book has been so that you could always track the authenticy of a book if we know who owns each of them...oh well. Right now with a price tag of $34 each it might be a while till it becomes worth while to sell these books, but again you never know..
I am not saying that they will not be a significant or valuable comic to people who are interested in them, but I don't really know how they differ from the Jim Shooter signed HArbinger TPB that was limited to 200 or so. It comes with a COA, has a limited run, put out by a reputable source, but it isn't "officially" put out by Valant, so it doesn't appear on the price guide as a separate issue.

If someone really wants one (for whatever reason - it belonged to Bob Layton, it is limited to 40, it comes from ValiantComics.com, whatever) that won't stop them from trying to get one, but it shouldn't be thought of as a Variant, special print run, or limited distribution item direct from Valiant.

Chris
Last edited by x-omatic on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:47:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

cjv wrote:

Chris
Oh I dont think that it should be added to the list of VVSS books anymore than they should add that Harbinger 26 to the list. I think that it might be a little more significant than a regular signed comic, but not as significant as a VVSS book. I know that I will not treat this as some regular ole signed comic...I dont think that it should be listed as a variant or anything like that, but I do like the idea of tracking who owns each of them...

architect...did someone say that they will be selling theirs? Oh well to each his own. I guess that I will find out when I see it on ebay....unless you want to PM me :twisted:

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

I'm not selling mine. It's just too cool a thing. And hey....since Valiant doesn't exist anymore, and Bob is about as big a wig to come from Valiant as it gets, and these came right from him, and he's had them since Day 1....soooo...

I dunno how much more official it gets in this case...;) Unless Shooter signed 'em, and someone found the embosser. :)

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

I think that if anyone found the embosser none of us would know about it until it was too late... 8-)

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

It's not like you can't MAKE an embosser...it's not that hard. :)

But seriously...it's a shame there wasn't a Valiantcomics.com back in 1992 or thereabouts....or, well, much of anything .com....because it would have been VERY cool to have variants authorized and distributed through the website, a la American Entertainment, GrahamCrackers, Comic Cavalcade, etc.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:It's not like you can't MAKE an embosser...it's not that hard. :)

But seriously...it's a shame there wasn't a Valiantcomics.com back in 1992 or thereabouts....or, well, much of anything .com....because it would have been VERY cool to have variants authorized and distributed through the website, a la American Entertainment, GrahamCrackers, Comic Cavalcade, etc.
sssssssshhhhhhh!!!! :shock:

Also considering that the certificates for the VcVSS books appear to be embossed that I think that is obvious. I am just saying that there is really nothing special about the VVSS books either...A gold book would be hard to forge...a VVSS book...not hard...There are tons of people who specialize in forging signatures and as you pointed out an embosser is not something that would be hard to come by...So what...that leaves us with the COA...well some dont even come with a COA...or maybe since it comes in that nifty Valiant Mylar...well some dont come in that...Let me say that I do not think that anyone is faking these books but it would be something to think about if these books ever hit the big time...

whetteon
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

Pbbt. The jealousy of those who didn't get one is so transparent in this thread. All I can say is:

nay,nay,nay,nay..You didn't get one..*dances around you and points*

:P

Btw, I was just joking about selling mine so feel free to track it until the day I die :D
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

whetteon wrote:Pbbt. The jealousy of those who didn't get one is so transparent in this thread. All I can say is:

nay,nay,nay,nay..You didn't get one..*dances around you and points*

:P

Btw, I was just joking about selling mine so feel free to track it until the day I die :D
Are you talking about me or cjv? I hope cjv since i got one...I will join you in your mockery! ...hahahahah... :lol: :lol: :P :P

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

None on ebay yet, in fact none anywhere yet :(

I was planning on keeping one aside (a nice round, low numbered one) to auction with the proceeds going to the site but I forgot to mark it on my excel spreadsheet and now they are all taken. I know, Im an idiot. I've put down valiantcomics.com auction copy on the waitlist so there may be one for auction yet. At any rate I think this thread is getting enough attention that one will make its way to ebay the first week they go out.

justin

Post by justin »

Dino you don't have to name names, but did anyone get multiples from you?

-A