shocker toys

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

The Unknown Spider
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
shocker toys

Post by The Unknown Spider »

I don't know if anyone has already posted this, and if so sorry, but shocker toys has permission to do Solar, and Magnus figures

http://www.shockertoys.com/

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

I've said it before and I will say it again I am not clicking on a link for Shocker Toys.

*SQUEE*
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by *SQUEE* »

ThrillKillWill wrote:I've said it before and I will say it again I am not clicking on a link for Shocker Toys.

:lol:

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: shocker toys

Post by greg »

The Unknown Spider wrote:I don't know if anyone has already posted this, and if so sorry, but shocker toys has permission to do Solar, and Magnus figures

http://www.shockertoys.com/
It's been a year or so... no toys yet. :hm:

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10447

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Shocker recently landed a contract for Metalocalypse and was selling Nathan Explosion and William Murderface figures at Comic Con. From what I have heard, every possible aspect of those figures sucked. Complaints include overall size, hand articulation and paint application (at least off the top of my head).

So, I don't greet news of Shocker Toys doing anything with any special enthusiasm.

Shocker Toys
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by Shocker Toys »

Chiclo wrote:Shocker recently landed a contract for Metalocalypse and was selling Nathan Explosion and William Murderface figures at Comic Con. From what I have heard, every possible aspect of those figures sucked. Complaints include overall size, hand articulation and paint application (at least off the top of my head).

So, I don't greet news of Shocker Toys doing anything with any special enthusiasm.
Thats really funny since the dethklok figures had no hand articulation! They were resin test shots and in their death stage make up and for sucking they seemed to sell out.
home of Indie Spotlight 6-7" Indie Comic Character action figures. http://www.shockertoys.com

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Shocker Toys wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Shocker recently landed a contract for Metalocalypse and was selling Nathan Explosion and William Murderface figures at Comic Con. From what I have heard, every possible aspect of those figures sucked. Complaints include overall size, hand articulation and paint application (at least off the top of my head).

Thats really funny since the dethklok figures had no hand articulation! They were resin test shots and in their death stage make up and for sucking they seemed to sell out.
I am glad they sold out. The last I'd heard, they still had some in stock after Comic Con.

You are right, there was no hand articulation. I mean hand structure. Except there was no hand structure either.

Some of the Shocker Toys products look very impressive like Scud the Disposable Assassin. The Dethklok figures were not among them. This is not the [adult swim] boards, we don't need to re-hash old arguments. Like whether or not I have seen test shots or finished products.

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Chiclo wrote:
Shocker Toys wrote:

I am glad they sold out. The last I'd heard, they still had some in stock after Comic Con.

You are right, there was no hand articulation. I mean hand structure. Except there was no hand structure either.

Some of the Shocker Toys products look very impressive like Scud the Disposable Assassin. The Dethklok figures were not among them. This is not the [adult swim] boards, we don't need to re-hash old arguments. Like whether or not I have seen test shots or finished products.
:thumb:

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.

Post by Zero »

Shocker Toys wrote:

Please let us know when you get the Solar & Magnus figures ready for sale. I'd like to buy some. :)

Shocker Toys

Post by Shocker Toys »

home of Indie Spotlight 6-7" Indie Comic Character action figures. http://www.shockertoys.com

Zero

Post by Zero »

Shocker Toys wrote:http://www.action-figure.com/index.php? ... &sid=21937

Dick Tracy and Dr. Solar
Can you give some info on how/where we can buy this? I'd like to get a couple. :thumb: Also, is Magnus on the way to production? :) Thanks, ~Pete

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

id take some info also
looks cool
i dident see it in previews ??

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Ugh..I'm just not into that style. Looks like a Lego.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Daniel Jackson wrote:Image

ditto, not feeling those at all...

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

I would comment . . .

but I know I'm going to buy one anyway . . .

(sigh) . .. such is the life of a collector . . .

(they are kinda cute . .) :)

Zaphod
Zaphod's just this guy, you know?
Zaphod's just this guy, you know?
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 - Armstrong
Favorite title: VEI - Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Zaphod »

siren3-4 wrote:I would comment . . .

but I know I'm going to buy one anyway . . .

(sigh) . .. such is the life of a collector . . .

(they are kinda cute . .) :)
dude, that is sick. seek help
seriously.
8-)

Shocker Toys

Post by Shocker Toys »

ummm......yea

Harbinger7

Post by Harbinger7 »

Looks like they are reaching out for help... or the lego Kool-Aid from the Jonestown playset just out of frame.

Shocker Toys

Post by Shocker Toys »

Actually she is just reaching out for you.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

I kinda like it. It would go perfect with my other figures on top of my computer in my classroom.

But..... what about Shadowman, and Aram, and Darque, and Rai, and X-O, and ..... well you get the picture. :wink:

Bloodshot67

Post by Bloodshot67 »

Looks worse than a Lego.

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

If they made a cheap looking lego toy, you'd think they'd at least make the radiation symbol look decent. I hope VEI doesn't use these guys for the characters they own.

Shocker Toys

Post by Shocker Toys »

400yrs wrote:If they made a cheap looking lego toy, you'd think they'd at least make the radiation symbol look decent. I hope VEI doesn't use these guys for the characters they own.
Actually FYI the symbol was a placemat for a tampo sticker that is why they do not have faces. The updated protos now have the proper symbols and faces added to them. So ask before you are so quick to judge.

Oh and VEI won't be making anything as they are in legal limbo still that is why the characters we are doing are Gold Key which reverted back to Classic media. The new VEI owner did not want to make toys when approached. I am happy with the characters we have and at least the Valiant fans will have some of the characters they like in figure form. By the way, we are also doing 6" versions which you have not seen yet so again do not mock the company that will be bringing you what you want.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Shocker Toys wrote:
400yrs wrote:If they made a cheap looking lego toy, you'd think they'd at least make the radiation symbol look decent. I hope VEI doesn't use these guys for the characters they own.
Actually FYI the symbol was a placemat for a tampo sticker that is why they do not have faces. The updated protos now have the proper symbols and faces added to them. So ask before you are so quick to judge.

Oh and VEI won't be making anything as they are in legal limbo still that is why the characters we are doing are Gold Key which reverted back to Classic media. The new VEI owner did not want to make toys when approached. I am happy with the characters we have and at least the Valiant fans will have some of the characters they like in figure form. By the way, we are also doing 6" versions which you have not seen yet so again do not mock the company that will be bringing you what you want.
Even though I don't quite like the attitude showed here by someone who should be trying to address customer concerns about his product... :roll:

I will say this, the figures pictured in this thread don't appear to be their regular product, they are something called "shockini".

The regular 6" figures look pretty well done.

As for VEI not making anything, maybe you missed the memo, they just came out with a Harbinger hardcover.

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

I'm not interested in anything this company produces.