Question for those who have action figures

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Question for those who have action figures

Post by Lightning Strike »

Just curious, do you guys take your action figures out of the bubble packs or leave them in?

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

I leave them in and hang them on the wall.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

in the bubble and boxed :thumb:

stone384
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by stone384 »

I leave them in and hang them on the wall.
m

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin
Re: Question for those who have action figures

Post by Cyberstrike »

Lightning Strike wrote:Just curious, do you guys take your action figures out of the bubble packs or leave them in?
I take my action figures out of the packages and play with them.

I do have some figures that I have kept in the boxes but it was due not
having the time to take them out of the boxes/packages before I moved.
After I moved the those toys are buried in boxes and I haven't found the
time to dig them out.

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

It really depends. Personally, I think action figures display much better out of the package. And it brings out the kid in me to actually handle the figure, put his accessories on him, pose him, etc. I get more enjoyment out of action figures that way. And I don't really buy many vintage MIP figures. Vintage figures I buy are generally loose anyway.

But sometime the collectible value overrides that and they have to stay in the package. So it's really a case-by-case basis. If I were to buy an 80's GI Joe figure still in the package, it would probably stay that way.

Heath
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

Jay Tomio wrote:I sturggle with this (or I would). The collector or just reasonable human being in me in me wants to scream "keep them i n the box!", but that is if we are talking about figures that have some age/vintage attached to them.

I don't know how to put this, but if you have say a real Pimp Daddy Destro or MOC/potential high AFA or even a 1st generation Storm Shadow (forgive me I'm GIJOE-centric) then you'd be an utter *SQUEE* to open it when you could buy a loose figure separately anyway on the cheap.

I say that being a little hypocritical however. I buy mostly loose figures, I enjoy them out of package/all geared up and plan to do a display one day. I say that having the luxury of having most of what I want sealed already and acquired (very luckily) via one purchase many years ago, if I didn't I may have a totally different opinion.

Snake Eyes and Timber need to roam, Freedom is just dumb in a card, and damn itm a 7 foot aircraft carrier toy is damn useless in a box.
:thumb: :thumb:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to say. :)

Lightning Strike

Post by Lightning Strike »

Jay Tomio wrote:I struggle with this (or I would). The collector or just reasonable human being in me in me wants to scream "keep them in the box!", but that is if we are talking about figures that have some age/vintage attached to them.

I don't know how to put this, but if you have say a real Pimp Daddy Destro or MOC/potential high AFA or even a 1st generation Storm Shadow (forgive me I'm GIJOE-centric) then you'd be an utter *SQUEE* to open it when you could buy a loose figure separately anyway on the cheap.

I say that being a little hypocritical however. I buy mostly loose figures, I enjoy them out of package/all geared up and plan to do a display one day. I say that having the luxury of having most of what I want sealed already and acquired (very luckily) via one purchase many years ago, if I didn't I may have a totally different opinion.

Snake Eyes and Timber need to roam, Freedom is just dumb in a card, and damn it, a 7-foot aircraft carrier toy is damn useless in a box.
That's pretty much how I feel. I don't have any vintage figures in the box, so all of mine are out and displayed. :)

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Man, what I'm about to say is so cliche, but I only do this for Iron Man. If it's Iron Man, I've got at least doubles of everything and open one of them for the armory.

If it's anything else (e.g. Avengers), I open it for display. But if it's Metal Gear, it's MOC on the wall because they display nicer in the package because their articluation sucks. Other than that, I'm still selling off every action figure I own including what's left of my previousl 100% complete Marvel Legends collection. Does anyone even care about those things anymore?

Tim
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

IMJ wrote:Man, what I'm about to say is so cliche, but I only do this for Iron Man. If it's Iron Man, I've got at least doubles of everything and open one of them for the armory.

If it's anything else (e.g. Avengers), I open it for display. But if it's Metal Gear, it's MOC on the wall because they display nicer in the package because their articluation sucks. Other than that, I'm still selling off every action figure I own including what's left of my previousl 100% complete Marvel Legends collection. Does anyone even care about those things anymore?
If they're still in the bubble, PM me with what you got and I'll show you just how interested I am. ;-)

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

I'm interested in the villians at least. Particularly looking for a loose complete Red Skull.

cshepard81
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by cshepard81 »

I keep everything packaged, but only until I have children old enough to enjoy them. Most of the toys I buy are from the 80s, and I get a kick out of the idea of my children being able to open and play with the same toys that were new when I was a kid.

cobra_commander
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!

Post by cobra_commander »

Nobody is crazy enough to buy a MOC vintage Joe and take it out of the bubble. If they are they need to be shot.

Mostly people buy loose toys if they collect loose toys and moc if they collect moc.

Me? MOC :cloud9: The art on those cards were just bewwwwwtiful

We were talking about gi joes right?