VcVVSS UPDATE **LETS DO IT**

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tbrezz
Long Live Valiant
Long Live Valiant
Valiant fan since: Harbinger 17 May 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by tbrezz »

BWS :shock: AWESOME I'm am literaly setting here with chill bumps
architect you are THE MAN
Long Live Valiant Because the Voices in My Head Say So
Brandon

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

was in chat with zeph when he read about BWS, wasnt pretty. no one could chat for 5 or 6 mins. All we got was a flood of OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY
GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

ROFL!!!!

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

wow.. this will be great! :)

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!

Post by Chuck »

Hey Zeph, was the news about BWS better than $ex :P

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

Well then too bad I left chat early!

-A
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)

Post by cjv »

Is there somewhere we sign up for these, or do we just wait?

Chris

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

cjv wrote:Is there somewhere we sign up for these, or do we just wait?

Chris
I think that everyone that one the first one will have dibs on this one...they there is a waiting list or something...if you got the first one you should be cool with this one..Plus this one has 10 more copies than the first one so a few more people will be able to get in on it....Oh and yeah this one looks totally awesome...I cant believe that we are already bringing out the big guns...Here we go these VcVSS books could get very interesting...

justin

Post by justin »

DawgPhan wrote:I think that everyone that one the first one will have dibs on this one...they there is a waiting list or something...if you got the first one you should be cool with this one..Plus this one has 10 more copies than the first one so a few more people will be able to get in on it....Oh and yeah this one looks totally awesome...I cant believe that we are already bringing out the big guns...Here we go these VcVSS books could get very interesting...
Quite interesting enough there will 14-15 extra. There were some individuals who got multiple copies, which is cool, but since there will be none of that here (my call and descretion, I'm keeping only one as well). If by the freak chance there are any left, which I highly doubt, I will let the board know, first come first served at that time.

I am not collecting money yet and I have been contacted about reservations, which I am not taking yet either. I am still trying to round up the last couple of issues and get the last address I need as I have 2 of the 3. I need to get a few other things in place first to insure a smooth and fast turnover for getting these books to the 3 guys and back before turning you all loose!

I just want to keep everyone happy and abreast of where we are at on this one as I will not be available as there are no internet connections on the trout streams I will be casting on! I will be out of touch from August 9th until Saturday August 14th

-A
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Chuck wrote:Hey Zeph, was the news about BWS better than $ex :P
You have NO idea...

{homerdrool}

I have EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING the man EVER did....except Conan #1.....which was reprinted in #22 anyways! :)

MCP #72-84, Chamber #4, DD #50-52, X-Men #53, the Savage Tales/Sword reprints, X-Men #'s 186, 198 (one of THE BEST), #205, #212 (cover), #214, DD #236 (another fav), DD #217 (cover), FF #296 (cover)Rune, Storyteller, UNITY (duh!) Solar #1-10, everything! YAY!

Next to Neal Adams, BWS is the best artist to EVER...EVER grace the pages of a comic book, and BAR NONE the SINGLE BEST COLORIST EVER.

YAY!!!!!

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Post by Vault-Keeper »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
Chuck wrote:Hey Zeph, was the news about BWS better than $ex :P
You have NO idea...

{homerdrool}

I have EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING the man EVER did....except Conan #1.....which was reprinted in #22 anyways! :)

MCP #72-84, Chamber #4, DD #50-52, X-Men #53, the Savage Tales/Sword reprints, X-Men #'s 186, 198 (one of THE BEST), #205, #212 (cover), #214, DD #236 (another fav), DD #217 (cover), FF #296 (cover)Rune, Storyteller, UNITY (duh!) Solar #1-10, everything! YAY!

Next to Neal Adams, BWS is the best artist to EVER...EVER grace the pages of a comic book, and BAR NONE the SINGLE BEST COLORIST EVER.

YAY!!!!!

Have you ever seen the Conan he did for the Mighty Marvel Calendar of 1975? Great artwork & color!
Not to mention the cover to the Conan Treasury Edition, which also kicked major *SQUEE*!

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I would agree with you guys, BWS is a great artist. I really got into comics back in the mid 80's and I loved his X-men stuff "Life Death, Wolverine, etc.."

Rune was ok; Story Tellers is good too. But his VALIANT stuff, i like the best.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Chuck wrote:I would agree with you guys, BWS is a great artist. I really got into comics back in the mid 80's and I loved his X-men stuff "Life Death, Wolverine, etc.."

Rune was ok; Story Tellers is good too. But his VALIANT stuff, i like the best.
I gotta admit, I'm a big fan of Conan. You can literally watch the guy progress from a Kirby-clone to this amazing artist, all in the span of 21 original issues.

I think Conan #24, the Song of Red Sonja, is the most perfectly drawn comic ever. It's BREATHTAKINGINGLY beautiful. Better than Frazetta, better than Adams, better than Ingels, better than Kirby or Ditko or Byrne or Perez, or McFarlane.

The ONLY problem I have with BWS' later stuff is that he got SO experimental with color and its affect on the overall picture that he lost sight of some of his storytelling.

Take the Machine Man mini, for example...BEAUTIFUL stuff...but sometimes, the colors just don't work, and they leave the image a bit confused. Same with X-Men #205, though SOME pages are absolutely breathtaking...but the cover? You can't really tell what all is what, and that's MOSTLY because of the jumble of colors he used.

I honestly think, however, that the cover to Unity #0, Red, is the most perfectly colored piece of artwork in the history of comics. For whatever reason, talent, luck, skill, kismet, fate, everything just came together for that cover. It's perfectly balanced, with nothing overwhelming anything else, with the layout in perfect harmony with the color scheme, and it's busy without being "busy".

Just beautiful.

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Yeah, there something about the cover to UNITY 0. BWS is able to really capture the VALIANT Universe in that one cover. Like I said, it is his work at VALIANT that I like the most. VALIANT wouldn't be the same if BWS was not part of it's history.

I just wish I had/could afford some of his original art. (homerdrool too!) :D

BrettC
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by BrettC »

This is really awesome. I missed the first round of this with Magnus 0! I'd love to be part of this one.

BrettC

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Though far from my first post, I would like to add my name to list of dibs for this book. :wink: Do my posts from Message Board 1.0 also add into this? :P

- David

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by The Spider »

I'd like to place dibs on this book, too.

justin

Post by justin »

Fishing was great and it sucked coming back to civilization. Hopefully, this project will be underway very very shortly. Waiting on one more thing, all 3 individuals are eager to do this as we all are ready to receive them. By the end of the week I will be taking reservations and collecting money on this as well. I will follow with details once they are nailed down and ready to surface!

-A

justin

Post by justin »

Alright Gentlemen and Ladies, lets do this!!!

email me at vcvss2@hotmail.com to reserve your copy and for instructions of where to remit payment (either via mail or paypal). All said and done this will cost $22 per person. I am looking at having this completed very, very soon. I know Jim is at a comic shop this weekend, so I want to have the books there waiting on him when he returns. He will then ship them to BWS (as they live in the same state) and then BWS will ship them to Don in Florida. Hopefully I will have them back the first week of September and in your hands immediately after that!

I will provide Greg with the UPS tracking numbers to and from each individual just so he knows where we stand on this as a cross reference.

I will post tracking numbers here on the forum as there will be a 48 of them going out, 1 for me and 1 to auction off after Dino auctions his off totalling 50!

Let me know if there are any questions, comments or concerns!!

-A

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

e-mail sent
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

childres
The more you post, the more you want to.
The more you post, the more you want to.

Post by childres »

architect, I sent an e-mail also. Please let me know if you don't receive it. Thanks!

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Kudos to you for organizing this round of signed books.
:hm:

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Payment sent! I've got mine reserved, baby! :thumb:

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

JUST sent email! :thumb:

David_Cody