i dont know what to call this ,but take a look

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i dont know what to call this ,but take a look

Post by valiantdude »

ok.. ive been following comics since early childhood and after a while you kinda start to notice patterns ; whos going to be a good writer, whos going to be a major character etc.
I've always felt this way about early valiants thats why i have so many :)
But there is another comic specifically that i really feel is going to be an incredible find its a secret ive held onto since like 1990 or whatever...when the book came out. Im going to tell everyone because i realize i dont care anymore, and i really think its going to be huge.
I remember thinking as a kid that this should be a valuable book because of what happens in it. The book is ....Nightwatch #1!...just kidding.
Seriously, ithought of this book today because i bought a wizard for the first time in years it has wolverine on the cover...anyways, it has this snippet about this new character that is supposedly wolverine's daughter. Now, in the book iwas talking about earlier, wolverine fights apocolypse in maybe the savage land or some remote island....its been awhile...anyways he gets it on with this hot amazon chick and they explain at the end of the book how the amazon became pregnant with Wolverine's child. I beleive the book is called "Wolverine: The Jungle adventure" it was a GN that had great art by mike mignola and like i stated earlier came out in the early 90's or late 80's (i was young). I think that when the xmen wtiters develop this character it will be a springboard from this story. Call it intuition but, ive always wondered about this book because of its shocking ending, inever understood why it wasn't popular but honestly i think this might be a huge sleeper, What do you guys think?

Valiant_1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Valiant_1 »

I remember that book, and it was a good read! The "love-child" of Wolverine has been a dangling plot-line for a while, I guess. I don't know if they'll (marvel) ever do anything with it, though.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

i think they are using this plotline now...does anyone else know anything about this?

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

It was 1989..and it was actually supposed to be 'Wolverine Annual #1'....that was the thought, anyways...it was an experiment in 'annual' format.

It's a good story, but ignored for the most part.

We'll see. ;)

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

There's a character in NYX, who's supposed to be Wolverine's daughter, some chick with claws, I believe she has some code name like X-23 or something. I haven't been reading the book, but I know NYX #3 is a hot issue because it is her first appearance. I doubt if this character has anything to do with this "love child" you're talking about, but who knows?

Escaflown4
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by Escaflown4 »

I hope Marvel don't screw this up. Supposedly I heard X-23 will be debuted with the rest of the X-Men. I already don't like the idea that she has claws. Wolverine's claws were implanted and his mutant powers is supposed to be the healing factor, so it doesn't make sense that her daughter would be born with claws. The writers better have something up their sleeves and come up with how she became to have them.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Escaflown4 wrote:I hope Marvel don't screw this up. Supposedly I heard X-23 will be debuted with the rest of the X-Men. I already don't like the idea that she has claws. Wolverine's claws were implanted and his mutant powers is supposed to be the healing factor, so it doesn't make sense that her daughter would be born with claws. The writers better have something up their sleeves and come up with how she became to have them.
Didn't the "kid Wolverine" in 'The Origin' have claws?
(I haven't read it yet, but the claws are on the 2nd or 3rd issue cover.)

sd2416
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Original Rai, Eternal Warror

Post by sd2416 »

yeah, the kid did have regular bone claws, not adamantium claws

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)

Post by cjv »

It's been so long since I have read any Xmen or Wolvering comics, but wasn't the adamantium removed from Wolverine's bones at one point? And didn't they find out then that he had bone claws - indicating that it was part of his biology, not just something that was added on?

Maybe it was re-written or something, but I seem to recall that.

Chris

hillmanthe2nd

Post by hillmanthe2nd »

greg wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:I hope Marvel don't screw this up. Supposedly I heard X-23 will be debuted with the rest of the X-Men. I already don't like the idea that she has claws. Wolverine's claws were implanted and his mutant powers is supposed to be the healing factor, so it doesn't make sense that her daughter would be born with claws. The writers better have something up their sleeves and come up with how she became to have them.
Didn't the "kid Wolverine" in 'The Origin' have claws?

Origin is a GREAT series - READ IT!

Yes, as revealed in the Origin series wolverine does have bone "claws" and of course everyone knows he later had adimantium grafted to his skeleton.

greg

Post by greg »

hillmanthe2nd wrote:Origin is a GREAT series - READ IT!
I picked up the TPB at the Chicago con for $7.50. Haven't read it yet... :)

skiw
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by skiw »

hillmanthe2nd wrote:Origin is a GREAT series - READ IT!

Yes, as revealed in the Origin series wolverine does have bone "claws" and of course everyone knows he later had adimantium grafted to his skeleton.
And his older brother was not killed, as hinted at in Origin, and comes back to play with Wolvie in Wolverine: The End. Origin is a better read IMHO, though.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

Weapon X > Origin

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!

Post by Chuck »

Actually (cjv is right), back in Wolverine 75, during the FATAL ATTRACTIONS SAGA, Magneto removed Wolverine's adamantium steel from his body (through his skin :o ). Right after that incident; Woverine popped his claws and out came the bones. That was the first time readers were shown his bone claws. :atomic:

I get the feeling this subjects gonna get moved soon :P

greg

Post by greg »

Chuck wrote:I get the feeling this subjects gonna get moved soon :P
What a good idea! :P

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Ryan wrote:Weapon X > Origin
I always thought BWS should have drawn origin but after solar I think he should draw every characters origin :D

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

dino wrote:
Ryan wrote:Weapon X > Origin
I always thought BWS should have drawn origin but after solar I think he should draw every characters origin :D
Well he got to draw the origin of wolvies adamantium in the MCP series way back when, that was pretty good, although the issues were short and I hated waiting for the next one so I could read the 10 or so pages.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

greg wrote: Didn't the "kid Wolverine" in 'The Origin' have claws?
One of the silliest, dumbest moves Marvel's EVER made. Wolvie having 'claws' made no sense. There's no mutation that would make RETACTABLE BONE claws housed in the forearm of the human body and extendable at a thought. There's nothing in nature that would provide for such a MECHANICAL 'mutation'. The healing factor, yes. The strength, yes.

Heck, even organic steel makes more sense than a a MECHANICAL 'mutation'.

Absurd.

And if I EVER get a chance to say so, everything post Wolvie #75 becomes a dream.

I'll get Alan Moore to write it.

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

The ultimate RETCON the DREAM :atomic:

Just like that season of DALLAS: Who (the F :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:) Shot JR?

Marvel retcons everything (and again and again :P). Wolverine history and origin (based on retcons) is the most screwed up off all: memory implants, memory loss, dead girl friends, has a brother, brother is still alive . . . WTF; the list just goes on an on.

Maybe they should retcon right after the Frank Miller LS.

sorry about the RANT

i digress :P :atomic:

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
One of the silliest, dumbest moves Marvel's EVER made. Wolvie having 'claws' made no sense. There's no mutation that would make RETACTABLE BONE claws housed in the forearm of the human body and extendable at a thought. There's nothing in nature that would provide for such a MECHANICAL 'mutation'. The healing factor, yes. The strength, yes.

Absurd.

And if I EVER get a chance to say so, everything post Wolvie #75 becomes a dream.

C'mon, retracting claws as a human mutation in the comic world is not so big a stretch. Perhaps wolverine has a different musculature and bone structure to accomidate his claws. Many animals in nature have retracting claws in the wild to a lesser extent than Woverine, they just don't peirce there own flesh when coming out. Wolverine #75 made great drama, the bone claws were pretty cool if only a little corny IMO.

Colossus with organic steel skin on the other hand always perplexed me as a viable mutation but I went along with it.

Is Colossus still dead be the way? Wolverine is the only mutant title I have read over the past five years so I'm on the outs with what's going on in continuity land at Marvel... such as it is.

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:

Absurd.

Cats can retract their claws.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greg

Post by greg »

x-omatic wrote:Cats can retract their claws.
Strangely enough... so can wolverines.
http://bss.sfsu.edu/geog/bholzman/cours ... erine.html

Well sorta... :wink:

"Wolverines have thick bushy coats, hairy soles, broad heads, short furry ears, and curved, semi-retractile claws."

lobo

Post by lobo »

semi-retractile claws (Figure 1)

Wow Greg your resourcefulness never ceases to amaze!
Even the natural habit of the animal skirts along the same area where Logan's story in Origin and Weapon X take place.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

x-omatic wrote:
Cats can retract their claws.
(A) Claws are not made of bone.

(B) Retractable claws go into SHEATHES...not out of and back into skin, muscle, tendon, etc etc etc in the forearm. If wolvie had SHEATHES in his forearm or hand, that would have made MUCH more sense.

Guess I should have emphasized the BONE and HOUSING (the MECHANICAL) part...not the "RETACTABLE" (sic) part. It was the BONE and HOUSING part that annoyed me, not really the retraction part. Having had a cat growing up, retractable claws are something I am familiar with...especially when he'd caught skin and was trying to EXtract it from ME. ;)

And of course, I would have thought the 'I'll get Alan Moore to write it' would have been the tipoff that I wasn't being *too* serious. ;)

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

greg wrote: "Wolverines have thick bushy coats, hairy soles, broad heads, short furry ears, and curved, semi-retractile claws."
Claws which, of course, are not made of bone, and do not retract into the forehocks of said wolverines.

;)