Going for a song CGC 9.9

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

gavster
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Going for a song CGC 9.9

Post by gavster »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=025

Four hours left for a 9.9 Deathmate, going really cheap at the moment.

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

Has anyone ever figured out where all the above-9.8 copies of this came from? I got the first two back from and then the flood gates opened. Where were they? I bought my copies from a CGC board member - never asked where he got them from. :?

imagesowner2
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by imagesowner2 »

ckb wrote:Has anyone ever figured out where all the above-9.8 copies of this came from? I got the first two back from and then the flood gates opened. Where were they? I bought my copies from a CGC board member - never asked where he got them from. :?
I aquired a ton of these about 8 or 9 years ago and sold them off in bulk back about 5 ot 6 years ago. I am not saying that all of these came from me. But the copies I sold were mint. I finally sold the last 10 of them to Showcase NE last year along with a ton of other Valiants.

Just a guess.

Ryan

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

imagesowner2 wrote:
ckb wrote:Has anyone ever figured out where all the above-9.8 copies of this came from? I got the first two back from and then the flood gates opened. Where were they? I bought my copies from a CGC board member - never asked where he got them from. :?
I aquired a ton of these about 8 or 9 years ago and sold them off in bulk back about 5 ot 6 years ago. I am not saying that all of these came from me. But the copies I sold were mint. I finally sold the last 10 of them to Showcase NE last year along with a ton of other Valiants.

Just a guess.

Ryan
I assume the copies you acquired were never inserted into the Ultra Pro page packets? :hm:

imagesowner2
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by imagesowner2 »

greg wrote:
imagesowner2 wrote:

Just a guess.

Ryan

I assume the copies you acquired were never inserted into the Ultra Pro page packets? :hm:
No they weren't. At least I don;t think so. I got them from TBS comics in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. I was buying some of their Valiants in the bargain bin and the owner asked me if I wanted them. She went back in the back and brought out the box from the back. There were 100 to 120 copies in there from what I can remember. I don't know where she got them from.

Ryan
Last edited by imagesowner2 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:43:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

imagesowner2 wrote:
greg wrote:
imagesowner2 wrote:

Just a guess.

Ryan

No they weren't.
Makes sense... the ones that came from inserts or other packaging probably didn't survive in 9.8+ very often.

VEI Reborn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by VEI Reborn »

imagesowner2 wrote:
greg wrote:
imagesowner2 wrote:

Just a guess.

Ryan

No they weren't. At least I don;t think so. I got them from TBS comics in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. I was buying some of their Valiants in the bargain bin and the owner asked me if I wanted them. She went back in the back and brought out the box from the back. There were 100 to 120 copies in there from what I can remember. I don't know where she got them from.

Ryan

Wow. Glad I didnt push the auction I was bidding on awhile back. I think it went for $300 and I bid $250. Very glad I didnt win it with this many floating around

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

VEI Reborn wrote: Wow. Glad I didnt push the auction I was bidding on awhile back. I think it went for $300 and I bid $250. Very glad I didnt win it with this many floating around
Does this mean you will be getting, err... bidding on this one?

:twisted: :lol: :P

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

VEI Reborn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by VEI Reborn »

slym2none wrote:
VEI Reborn wrote: Wow. Glad I didnt push the auction I was bidding on awhile back. I think it went for $300 and I bid $250. Very glad I didnt win it with this many floating around
Does this mean you will be getting, err... bidding on this one?

:twisted: :lol: :P

-slym

I have a pretty low bid on it just for sheats and giggles. Im glad I saw this as I was going to bid high, but now I dont want it nearly as bad :lol:

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Apparently I have been outbid for this.

I haven't actually bid nor was I even signed in but I am kinda disappointed now.

I think I may have really wanted this and not even known it.

Maybe my computer wants it.

What if ebay wants it and they are too cheap to pay the outbid screen to go away.

I confuse myself sometimes.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

Drift wrote:Apparently I have been outbid for this.

I haven't actually bid nor was I even signed in but I am kinda disappointed now.

I think I may have really wanted this and not even known it.

Maybe my computer wants it.

What if ebay wants it and they are too cheap to pay the outbid screen to go away.

I confuse myself sometimes.
Have some coffee.

:lol: :D :P

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Only $52 + S&H for a CGC 9.9 :clap:

gavster
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by gavster »

Simply stunning, not for the comic but for the grade.

SnotDrip
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

I believe COMICKings has had 4 10.0 ebay sales in the past 6 months or so (not including some 9.9 and 9.8). It appears he is sitting on a stock as well.