Dark Horse/Jim Shooter SDCC '09 Panel Video

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

If DH put out four monthliles and VEI did the same, I would pick up all..um...six? nine? Wait, eight of them, and judge them individually.

I'm just happy that anything is in the works. it sounds great to me! :)

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

MoonChild wrote:We want New Valiant Stories no matter who puts them out [as long as they are done by people who are passionate about the characters, of course], no need to be negative. :thumb:
Agreed, Except the DH books won't be VALIANT and VEI are relaeasing nothing in the near future.

UnknownTales
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 2005
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Smith

Post by UnknownTales »

One thing I just thought of...

If the Dark Horse books sell well, hopefully he has a clause in his contract that he can publish his creator-owned properties.

Can't wait to see what his mind has developed since the 90's

sanman
I can feel the custom bug

Post by sanman »

UnknownTales wrote:One thing I just thought of...

If the Dark Horse books sell well, hopefully he has a clause in his contract that he can publish his creator-owned properties.

Can't wait to see what his mind has developed since the 90's
You snooze you loose...

I’m psyched thinking about a new Shooter universe with Magnus and Solar as corner stones.

If VE will not provide us information concerning their intentions my loyalty is with Mr. Shooter—not the latest Valiant copyright holders. I would like to continue supporting VE (I bought each HC and have talked enough about Valiant at my LCS these past two years), but I’m tired of waiting.

Who knows, if it the DH line does well maybe the Valiant copyrights can be licensed for a DH imprint—it’s not like they’re are being utilized now.

damien308
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by damien308 »

so does this mean that the "valiant re launch " i heard about a while ago will no longer happen ? if dark horse has solar , magnus etc.etc. then these characters will just be left out ?

sanman

Post by sanman »

damien308 wrote:so does this mean that the "valiant re launch " i heard about a while ago will no longer happen ? if dark horse has solar , magnus etc.etc. then these characters will just be left out ?
Yeah, well not a complete relaunch...

I’m sure that there are many more options discussed over the past year but some have suggested a complete reboot, or at least run things as is--maybe adapting Unity 2000--but with similar non-copyright infringing characters.

Still all speculation. At least we will see Solar, Magnus, and Turok in print again soon.

leonmallett
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

damien308 wrote:so does this mean that the "valiant re launch " i heard about a while ago will no longer happen ? if dark horse has solar , magnus etc.etc. then these characters will just be left out ?
Well VEI have stated they will produce new comic books. Some board members have suggested that things are in the pipeline based on information they have had personally.

However there is little evidence of new material appearing in the near-to mid future. And a few of us remain doubtful until VEI actually do or say something more concrete.