There should be a Jim Shooter Documentary Movie Made

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
There should be a Jim Shooter Documentary Movie Made

Post by MoonChild »

There should be a documentary movie about Jim Shooter's carrier in the comic industry. It would basically be a documentary about the comic book making industry in general because Jim was there for so much of it. I would hope that it would be done with a solid budget and sooner rather than later so that they could get interviews about Jim from elderstatesmen like Stan Lee and Don Perlin. Now would be the time to get started folks! Hope someone with the pull is inspired to do so.

jridd28
My posts can all fit in a short box
Re: There should be a Jim Shooter Documentary Movie Made

Post by jridd28 »

MoonChild wrote:There should be a documentary movie about Jim Shooter's carrier in the comic industry. It would basically be a documentary about the comic book making industry in general because Jim was there for so much of it. I would hope that it would be done with a solid budget and sooner rather than later so that they could get interviews about Jim from elderstatesmen like Stan Lee and Don Perlin. Now would be the time to get started folks! Hope someone with the pull is inspired to do so.

This idea has my full support!!!!

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Get to work!!!

:twisted:

-slym

jbtheo

Post by jbtheo »

yeah--I am interested in what other pros think of him. It seems like he has a lot of respect in the industry, but there are a lot of people that freaking hate him. I would like to know why they don't like him. Is it because he is such a hard a$$ ??

If they can manage to do a documentary showing both sides of the coin, that would be cool.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

jbtheo wrote:yeah--I am interested in what other pros think of him. It seems like he has a lot of respect in the industry, but there are a lot of people that freaking hate him. I would like to know why they don't like him. Is it because he is such a hard a$$ ??

If they can manage to do a documentary showing both sides of the coin, that would be cool.
That's why I want to see it done as well, just to see both sides and controversy sells so why not. There's so much to cover! The bulk of it should be interviews from his prospective on each subject with interviews from the people he's worked with negative and positive just to show his polorizing nature. Mainly it should focus on his work though, the things that he accomplished in the industry and how it effected everyone. The more you digg the more you realize how much of a good story his life has been. Ideal for such a documentary.

jbtheo

Post by jbtheo »

There are quite a few comic book people that apparently don't like him. I guess there was a time where Jim couldn't even get work in comics because other bullpen creators at that company would throw a fit and threatened to walk. It's crazy.

I know John Byrne really doesn't like him. After Jim left, Byrne did a one-shot comic for the New Universe line called "Pitt" which was allegedly done as a shot at Jim Shooter; the story was basically the destruction of the city of Pittsburg within the New Universe, which happened to be where Jim was born.
MoonChild wrote:That's why I want to see it done as well, just to see both sides and controversy sells so why not. There's so much to cover! The bulk of it should be interviews from his prospective on each subject with interviews from the people he's worked with negative and positive just to show his polorizing nature. Mainly it should focus on his work though, the things that he accomplished in the industry and how it effected everyone. The more you digg the more you realize how much of a good story his life has been. Ideal for such a documentary.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

I'm knowin', alot of them actually got rich by his efforts too..quite an interesting story.

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

good idea :thumb:

Chuck64
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by Chuck64 »

That's a movie I'd really like to see.

I'm a big fan of his work. I loved Valiant. I loved Defiant even more.

With that said, he really seems to be somewhat of an enigma. In the audio interviews that I've heard he comes across as friendly and approachable, but in the print interviews that I've read he sometimes seems, IMO, to come across a bit egotistical.

Of course if I had suffered some of the negatives that he's had to face I'd probably be tooting my own horn as much as possible trying to set the record straight.

aceraxon
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me

Post by aceraxon »

The name of the movie would be, "How to *SQUEE* off Everybody and Still be Amazing!"

jbtheo

Post by jbtheo »

Hey, if Todd McFarlane can have a documentary about his life made, then Jim can to :D

Jim had a tremendous impact on comics, which many people seem to ignore--I think Marvel would have gone out of business in the late 70s without Jim at the helm. As I recall reading somewhere they were doing very poorly at the time.

Everything I have ever read from anybody talking about Jim Shooter has said he controlled Marvel with an iron fist. But if Marvel was doing that bad, he had to do something. If was nice all the time, nothing would have changed.

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by vikingspawn »

Shooter would make for a great documentary for comics.

I'd even settle for an interview style video like Stan Lee used to make during the early '90s with Jim Lee, McFarlane, Bob Kane....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KGNQyelJ5Ac?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KGNQyelJ5Ac?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:hm:

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

I hope Darkhorse pony's up for such a documentary. Great Link Viking.

vikingspawn

Post by vikingspawn »

Dark Horse produced this awesome documentary on Don Rickles that was shown on HBO:

"Mr. Warmth - The Don Rickles Project"

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1BcrDKhtcE4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1BcrDKhtcE4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It was directed by John Landis (Trading Places, Blues Brothers, Coming to America).

Dark Horse definitely has the resources to produce a Shooter docu...

:thumb:

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Nice!! ^^

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

vikingspawn wrote:Dark Horse produced this awesome documentary on Don Rickles that was shown on HBO:

"Mr. Warmth - The Don Rickles Project"

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1BcrDKhtcE4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1BcrDKhtcE4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It was directed by John Landis (Trading Places, Blues Brothers, Coming to America).

Dark Horse definitely has the resources to produce a Shooter docu...

He's the only person I know of that can still get away with the jokes that he tells. Most comedians would be run off the stage with an act like that....

OmenSpirits.com

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

Bacause he's don! :thumb:

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

I love Don Rickles... I hope he never dies.

Anyone remember "CPO Sharkey?"

-slym

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

This Should Be A Petition! :thumb: