My JLA collecting plans and other related drivel

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
My JLA collecting plans and other related drivel

Post by Drift »

I love the Justice League. This is not news. My favourite eras for the JLA are the Detroit League and the JLI and I am looking forward to the return of the JLI with the DC revamp.

The one thing I am looking forward to more than a new JLI book is finishing my run on the original title so I can sit and read it from start to finish which I have yet to do. I managed to snag 2 books from my wants list on Sunday and just need issues 111 and 112 now to finish the run.

I got my hopes up when I read that there was a new JLD title thinking that it was a new JL Detroit series but alas, it is something else entirely. I am guessing JL Dark will be more akin to Extreme Justice or JL Task Force. I will give it a look anyway.

Aside from the new stuff I will be going through my collection at some point in the near future and cataloging it in full again so that I know exactly what I have and what I need. From here I can put together a list of the JLA v1 books I still have after selling up a bunch of them. I can then start to put my collection back together and expand on it again.

I will own the whole lot. Luckily there is plenty of nonsense out there to keep me going in the meantime.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

I suspect JL Dark will lean more to Shadowpact meeets sentinels of Magic i guess.

Great going with the JLA collection. My era of starting was the Perez drawn JLA-JSA crossover in the 190's. Good times. :thumb:

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

leonmallett wrote:I suspect JL Dark will lean more to Shadowpact meeets sentinels of Magic i guess.

Great going with the JLA collection. My era of starting was the Perez drawn JLA-JSA crossover in the 190's. Good times. :thumb:
I can deal with the Sentinels. Not so sure about Shadowpact.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

leonmallett wrote:My era of starting was the Perez drawn JLA-JSA crossover in the 190's. Good times. :thumb:
Mine too! :thumb:

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Justice League: A Midsummer's Nightmare mini-series that led into the Grant Morrison and Howard Porter's JLA ongoing series. One of two things that Morrison wrote that I liked and understood.

leonmallett
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Cyberstrike wrote:Justice League: A Midsummer's Nightmare mini-series that led into the Grant Morrison and Howard Porter's JLA ongoing series. One of two things that Morrison wrote that I liked and understood.
What was the other? And have you ever tried Zenith (oh, how I wish Grant Morrison would sort out his issues with Rebellion and allow this to be republished; I can understand his principled stand based on the little info I know about the situation, but still Zenith Books/Phases 1 to 3 were some great comic book stories, Phase 4 less so).

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

xodacia81 wrote:
leonmallett wrote:I suspect JL Dark will lean more to Shadowpact meeets sentinels of Magic i guess.

Shadowpact was pretty good, Willingham put together a good story from some real Z list heroes.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

leonmallett wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:Justice League: A Midsummer's Nightmare mini-series that led into the Grant Morrison and Howard Porter's JLA ongoing series. One of two things that Morrison wrote that I liked and understood.
What was the other?

Batman: Arkham Asylem-A Serious House on Serious Earth.

And have you ever tried Zenith (oh, how I wish Grant Morrison would sort out his issues with Rebellion and allow this to be republished; I can understand his principled stand based on the little info I know about the situation, but still Zenith Books/Phases 1 to 3 were some great comic book stories, Phase 4 less so).
No, I haven't and have no current plans to do so.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

ian_house wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:

Shadowpact was pretty good, Willingham put together a good story from some real Z list heroes.
Willingham helped construct it? I'm there. LOVE his work in Fables.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Drift has indeed got some lovely JLA comics, but until he gets those last two issues his life will not be complete.

Please give generously.

Thank you.

:thumb: