Anybody experiencing slow shipping from CGC?

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Anybody experiencing slow shipping from CGC?

Post by nutflush76 »

so, I heard back from the USPS investigator today. She said she finally got someone at CGC to fax her the information that was needed to finish my claim and that my check will be mailed out today.

Tomorrow will be 7 months since my package was shipped. All it took was 15 phone calls, a bunch of message board grumbling, going to my local post office (twice!), complaining to my fiance, and a whole bunch of worrying and I got resolution for to my claim.

At least I think I did. I will really have resolution when my check actually arrives. :hope:

Hopefully it doesn't bounce :hope: :hope:

I would still rather have my books back.

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Crazy. Its so much time that is lost because of a missing package.

Hope you get the check very soon. Its hard to get $ from USPS. I've had a similar situation about an insurance claim that was overdue and it took quite some time, but eventually got it.

nutflush76 wrote:so, I heard back from the USPS investigator today. She said she finally got someone at CGC to fax her the information that was needed to finish my claim and that my check will be mailed out today.

Tomorrow will be 7 months since my package was shipped. All it took was 15 phone calls, a bunch of message board grumbling, going to my local post office (twice!), complaining to my fiance, and a whole bunch of worrying and I got resolution for to my claim.

At least I think I did. I will really have resolution when my check actually arrives. :hope:

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

drmirage wrote:Crazy. Its so much time that is lost because of a missing package.

Hope you get the check very soon. Its hard to get $ from USPS. I've had a similar situation about an insurance claim that was overdue and it took quite some time, but eventually got it.

nutflush76 wrote:so, I heard back from the USPS investigator today. She said she finally got someone at CGC to fax her the information that was needed to finish my claim and that my check will be mailed out today.

I got a little worried when she told me to call back after 15 days if I don't get the check. But I then realized that it's just to keep people from calling every day to ask where their checks are.

I feel like I earned that check! Which is too bad because I earned the money before I spent it hte first time!

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!

Post by Chuck »

I hope you get the check soon. (way too long for USPS to reply...wouldn't be surprised if they broke some USPS policy responding so slowly...)

Did the insurance amount cover the value of the books plus CGC cost?
(pain and suffering maybe.....)

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

Chuck wrote:I hope you get the check soon. (way too long for USPS to reply...wouldn't be surprised if they broke some USPS policy responding so slowly...)

Did the insurance amount cover the value of the books plus CGC cost?
(pain and suffering maybe.....)
Pfft. They didn't respond. The only reason I found out anything is because I called around and finally found a phone number to their claims area.

Still haven't got my check though :!:

BloodShot
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS
Anybody experiencing slow shipping from CGC?

Post by BloodShot »

nutflush76 wrote:Still haven't got my check though :!:
Those muther :censored: !!!
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

greatbrandino11
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by greatbrandino11 »

I'm still waiting on 6 books I sent back in November. I received a "Scheduled to Be Graded" message from them about 4 weeks ago and I still haven't received a confirmation. In hindsight, I wouldn't have even worried about sending the comics to them. I have had no problems with them in the past, but after hearing your story and going through my current patient-testing situation, I think I may hold off on sending comics to CGC for the forseeable future.
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

greatbrandino11 wrote:I'm still waiting on 6 books I sent back in November. I received a "Scheduled to Be Graded" message from them about 4 weeks ago and I still haven't received a confirmation. In hindsight, I wouldn't have even worried about sending the comics to them. I have had no problems with them in the past, but after hearing your story and going through my current patient-testing situation, I think I may hold off on sending comics to CGC for the forseeable future.
It's really more of the Post Office's fault. They lost the package. CGC was just less than helpful in getting the P.O. the information they required.

However, Registered mail gets lost VERY RARELY so there isn't much to worry about in that department. Just don't expect a lot of help if they do get lost.

The long turnaround times are just par for the course if you don't fast track your books these days. Like 6 months in some cases.

I have actually sent in and received two fast-track modern orders since this all started.

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

So what happend to the check?

greatbrandino11

nutflush76 wrote:
greatbrandino11 wrote:I'm still waiting on 6 books I sent back in November. I received a "Scheduled to Be Graded" message from them about 4 weeks ago and I still haven't received a confirmation. In hindsight, I wouldn't have even worried about sending the comics to them. I have had no problems with them in the past, but after hearing your story and going through my current patient-testing situation, I think I may hold off on sending comics to CGC for the forseeable future.
It's really more of the Post Office's fault. They lost the package. CGC was just less than helpful in getting the P.O. the information they required.

However, Registered mail gets lost VERY RARELY so there isn't much to worry about in that department. Just don't expect a lot of help if they do get lost.

The long turnaround times are just par for the course if you don't fast track your books these days. Like 6 months in some cases.

I have actually sent in and received two fast-track modern orders since this all started.
I finally got an email yesterday confirming the grades and telling me the books have shipped. My Harbinger 1 came back at 9.6 :| but my Batman Adventures 12 came back at 9.8 :D . I will have to look into fast tracking next time. That was wayyyyyy too long. I hope your situation gets resolved sooner than later. Although I can't imagine it taking any longer than it has already.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

I FINALLY received my check yesterday. For some reason, it was $10.00 less than what I stated the value was. At this point, I am going to let it go. I still probably took about $100.00 loss on the whole deal, not including all the time this took to get resolved, but I guess getting something back is better than nothing.

I guess my books just vanished.

greatbrandino11

nutflush76 wrote:I FINALLY received my check yesterday. For some reason, it was $10.00 less than what I stated the value was. At this point, I am going to let it go. I still probably took about $100.00 loss on the whole deal, not including all the time this took to get resolved, but I guess getting something back is better than nothing.

Pretty *SQUEE* experience. I'm glad you can at least say it is over.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

nutflush76 wrote:I FINALLY received my check yesterday. For some reason, it was $10.00 less than what I stated the value was. At this point, I am going to let it go. I still probably took about $100.00 loss on the whole deal, not including all the time this took to get resolved, but I guess getting something back is better than nothing.

:clap:

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

Whoa! Finally!

:hope:

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite title: X-O/Harby/A+A/Unity
Favorite writer: Vditti/Dysart/FVL/Kindt
Favorite artist: soo many pretty pictures...

Post by nscc »

That's pretty screwed up that it took so damned long and they messed up on the check, but it's nice to see this come to a resolution for ya finally.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?